The Snow Gods have spoken, Build a Dome Stadium

HOUSE

How can I put this.......

The days of an open air stadium is quickly going the way of a Beta VCR, Projection Screen TV's and Blockbuster video stores. The replacement is multi use stadiums for year round use. Its the only way to pay off a Billion dollar stadium.

Now we do have a lot of fans that love sitting outside,tailgating in below zero weather, freezing your rear end off in a stadium that will most likely be half full this Sunday. With this snow storm the Buffalo Bills will most likely meet the Jets without one single day of practice and a LOSS will pretty much eliminate the Bills from the playoffs.

If you are not convinced by now that Buffalo needs a DOME........... the SNOW Gods will drop another 3 feet in Orchard Park sometime today as a reminder.........BUILD A DOME STADIUM YOU DUMMY, THIS IS BUFFALO NEW YORK, NOT TAMPA BAY FLORIDA. :cry:

To the Buffalo fans that will gladly attend this weeks FREEZER BOWL.......You have my complete unwavering respect, you my friend are a diehard. :worthy:

post-19906-0-35679900-1416477034_thumb.jpg

Edited by HOUSE

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sorry this new stadium will be in the heart of pegulacille not NF or any other part of the area.

One issue a dome may collapse from the amount of snow falling

Pegula didn't become a billionaire by making poor investment decisions. It in the falls, next to a wonder of the world, an international border, and in the flow of millions of tourists every year.

If you are not convinced by now that Buffalo needs a DOME........... the SNOW Gods will drop another 3 feet in Orchard Park sometime today as a reminder.........BUILD A DOME STADIUM YOU DUMMY, THIS IS BUFFALO NEW YORK, NOT TAMPA FLORIDA. :cry:

Explain to dummy that a snow fall like thus occurs once in 40 years and such a snow fall will probably collapse the dome making it unavailable to be used for the game. Now if dummy wants to pay for the new stadium or the PSEs the new stadium will require and subsidize the increase in parking lot costs, etc go for it!

It is not being a dummy to have a different opinion regarding stadium for Bills but IS being one to call someone a dummy if they do not agree.

I don't understand the point you're making re: practice. The stadium being domed or not has nothing to do with them not being able to practice, it's because they can't get to the stadium and it's illegal for them to try. A dome won't change that unless it covers the entire county.

A dome on the entire County would be good :thumbsup:

Explain to dummy that a snow fall like thus occurs once in 40 years and such a snow fall will probably collapse the dome making it unavailable to be used for the game. Now if dummy wants to pay for the new stadium or the PSEs the new stadium will require and subsidize the increase in parking lot costs, etc go for it!

It is not being a dummy to have a different opinion regarding stadium for Bills but IS being one to call someone a dummy if they do not agree.

It was never my intention to offend anyone here, if you like an open air stadium, so be it. It will cost a billion dollars for 5 months of use per season. That my friend is a total waste of Money. This is like buying a $100,000 Mercedes for use 3 hours on weekends only, SEPTEMBER thru DECEMBER

Edited by HOUSE

The days of an open air stadium is quickly going the way of a Beta VCR, Projection Screen TV's and Blockbuster video stores. We do have a lot of fans that love sitting outside,tailgating in below zero weather, freezing your rear end off in a stadium that will most likely be half full this Sunday. With this snow storm the Buffalo Bills will most likely meet the Jets without one single day of practice and a LOSS will pretty much eliminate the Bills from the playoffs.

If you are not convinced by now that Buffalo needs a DOME........... the SNOW Gods will drop another 3 feet in Orchard Park sometime today as a reminder.........BUILD A DOME STADIUM YOU DUMMY, THIS IS BUFFALO NEW YORK, NOT TAMPA FLORIDA. :cry:

To the Buffalo fans that will gladly attend this weeks FREEZER BOWL.......You have my complete unwavering respect, you my friend are a diehard. :worthy:

post-19906-0-35679900-1416477034_thumb.jpg

It's going to be 50 and sunny at kick off.

The real problem is the parking lots (fields) are going to be a freaking swamp.

Yes- retractable dome. It's a no-brainer. The technology exists and it's not new. Building a dome-only facility would be a mistake and the cheap way out. I don't think Pegula would do anything other than a 1st class retractable roof.

Back around 2001 or so, believe it was the year the Bill's went 3-13, there was a huge blizzard around Christmas day. Grew Williams was the coach back then I do recall. The team hardly practiced as people couldn't get out. I recall Eric Moulds getting out on a snowmobile. It was the last game of a dismay year, limited practice all week between the holiday and the snow, no one gave them much of a chance, figured they'd just be in a hurry to finish the game so they can head to their winter homes out of the cold. They went to NY the following Sunday, and beat the J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets.

So it can als obe a rallying point too, will see. Likely Rex will be a rather large snow ball target.

. With this snow storm the Buffalo Bills will most likely meet the Jets without one single day of practice and a LOSS will pretty much eliminate the Bills from the playoffs.

It was never my intention to offend anyone here, if you like an open air stadium, so be it. It will cost a billion dollars for 5 months of use per season. That my friend is a total waste of Money. This is like buying a $100,000 Mercedes for use 3 hours on weekends only, SEPTEMBER thru DECEMBER

Really open air stadiums in Buffalo can not be used in spring and summer? WOW!

I always thought Buffalo had great summer weather the 20+ years I lived there.

And that still avoids the fact that a 4 foot snow fall overnight will collapse a dome.

What is needed is a roof which will cover most of the top but leave a hole in top above field but slant snow and rain away from top but inside and outside stadium. Hard to describe and searched for pictures of stadium I saw I think in Europe. Hopefully this gives idea, The concept is it piles the snow along the outside and inside rather than spreading it out with outside snow generally packed harder due to weight of snow and inside snow cleared partly from heated field, Spectators are protected from the elements.

.........####..................

.......## ##................

..................##..............

Edited by Koolaid

Pegula didn't become a billionaire by making poor investment decisions. It in the falls, next to a wonder of the world, an international border, and in the flow of millions of tourists every year.

No, it won't be. NF will be a terrible location