Let's look at this logically

Bowl Winner

Let me start by saying that I'm not at all happy about the fact that like every other year at this point we are once again not going to make the playoffs. That being said, how did this happen? Is it because Marone is all of sudden worse than he was in the 5 wins, or does Ortons all of a sudden suck, or is Hackett not the same guy who called the games we did win? Maybe the answer is none of the above!

For the record I really like Ortons and Marone. I don't think Whaley has done a bad job either. What I believe and it would seem very obvious if you look at it is Spiller and Jackson actually make that big a difference to the team. We haven't had a starting caliber running back in the last 2 games. We lost those.

I like Craig Urbim a d think he's our best option at gaurd but inserting him back in the line on the left has to cause a temporary disruption while the chemistry of the line reforms. Yeah but we beat the Jets without our running backs! The Jets with Geno Smith in the line up are really that bad and had given up on their season. We all know the Nets are a better team than they played that day.

I think these things as well as the Watkins injury are why we truly lost to KC and Miami. It's not because our pretty good quarterback all of a sudden sucks. Imagine what our season would have been like if Orton wasn't on our roster. This same thing happened Sanchez when he was a Jet . He goes to 2 AFC championships and then the change his O-line, take away his running backs and the Jets start playing badly. That's the quarterbacks fault? The Jets ruined that kid. Let's not do the same to Kyle Orton. The alternatives are far worse.

If Jackson can contribute this week I know we will see a better offensive performance and maybe even a win against a team that is better with Michael Vick at QB.

Let me start by saying that I'm not at all happy about the fact that like every other year at this point we are once again not going to make the playoffs. That being said, how did this happen? Is it because Marone is all of sudden worse than he was in the 5 wins, or does Ortons all of a sudden suck, or is Hackett not the same guy who called the games we did win? Maybe the answer is none of the above!

For the record I really like Ortons and Marone. I don't think Whaley has done a bad job either. What I believe and it would seem very obvious if you look at it is Spiller and Jackson actually make that big a difference to the team. We haven't had a starting caliber running back in the last 2 games. We lost those.

I like Craig Urbim a d think he's our best option at gaurd but inserting him back in the line on the left has to cause a temporary disruption while the chemistry of the line reforms. Yeah but we beat the Jets without our running backs! The Jets with Geno Smith in the line up are really that bad and had given up on their season. We all know the Nets are a better team than they played that day.

I think these things as well as the Watkins injury are why we truly lost to KC and Miami. It's not because our pretty good quarterback all of a sudden sucks. Imagine what our season would have been like if Orton wasn't on our roster. This same thing happened Sanchez when he was a Jet . He goes to 2 AFC championships and then the change his O-line, take away his running backs and the Jets start playing badly. That's the quarterbacks fault? The Jets ruined that kid. Let's not do the same to Kyle Orton. The alternatives are far worse.

If Jackson can contribute this week I know we will see a better offensive performance and maybe even a win against a team that is better with Michael Vick at QB.

Blame it on the backs if you want to. I think the loses have more to do with poor play calling, red zone suckage and not taking advantage of the opportunities the other teams give you.

Maybe it just has to do with the fact that the bills are just natural losers. They flirted with being good, but when they had two great opportunities to make the leap to a real playoff contender, they predictably came out flat and fell back into their comfort zone.

If we look at this logically and we should the defense was responsible for every win except Miami...but they were great in that game too! Marrone and Hackett did well game planning for Miami...I wi give them that.

The RBs in the last two games were as competent as the first 8 games.

The O line played better with Urbik in also not worse.

As discussed IN other similar threads, Brown and Dixon did just fine running the ball vs. KC. If Orton doesn't :censored: all over himself in the red zone in that game, it's very likely that the Bills win. That's despite the screw up fumbles by Brown and McKelvin.

What we miss with Freddie is the ability to pick up the blitz. The OP is right, we do miss those guys more than folks realize. Not for their running ability as much as their blocking ability. Especially Fred. It makes no difference who the QB is when a defense gets pressure.

What we miss with Freddie is the ability to pick up the blitz. The OP is right, we do miss those guys more than folks realize. Not for their running ability as much as their blocking ability. Especially Fred. It makes no difference who the QB is when a defense gets pressure.

Thats why they finally employed the screen with Bryce. and it worked. hmmm...

phone call from Gaileys wife to Little Nate ?

Logically speaking, we're lucky to have 5 wins. Miracles vs Chicago, Detroit and Minnesota broke our way. One could argue we lost a luck game vs KC, but that still puts us +2 in that department. With injuries piling up, coaches losing their nerve, the QB crashing down to earth, and a brutal schedule we'll need more luck just to hit 7-9, with 6-10 not out of the question.

Edited by negativo

Fred is great at pass pro without any doubt. Wasn't a real issue vs. KC. He's wrong in that particular instance.

The team is better with Spiller and Jackson. Marrone and Hackett negate any advantage they would give the team

I fully agree with that, but I'd also say that pathetic offensive line performance has a lot to do with it too. I have no problem placing that on Marrone though. He hasn't shown himself to be particularly proficient in any specific areas, but you'd think a former o lineman and o line coach would have a better line. Even average head coaches can excel in certain areas of the game ( ex. Rex Ryan) it makes me wonder what exactly does St.Doug bring to the table?

The offensive line has been horrendous all season and the QB play has been below average. One question is, could better coaching help? I would think a seasoned executive(with Polian type experience) should be able to tell easily if Hackett is a problem or it's talent that's lacking.... or a combination of both. My guess is Pegula already has had conversations with some type of 'advisor' and will make a decision based on the advice given him.

finally bringing up Urbik seems to have helped. But only by appearance.

I really thought Brown and Dixon would be able to carry the run game once they got their feet wet ?

they ran well against KC. NYJ and Miami have very tough run Ds. I'd expect average production again this week (hopefully they learned something from the last meeting and take more advantage of that weak NYJ secondary esp with Fred back for pass pro. Cleveland has the 2nd worst run D after that. Miami is probably the best overall D (top 10 run and pass) we have played since Detroit.

What hasn't been mentioned is the complete lack of adjustments at the half. Other teams adjust to us, but we never seem to. That loses close games all the time.

Totally agree and another example of being out coached! Most recently the Miami game...we only gave up 3 points in the first half!

Who is Craig Urbim?

To your post, Orton has been a 500 QB his entire career and will continue to be that. Could we do worse? Yeah sure, but we can also do a lot better.

Personally, I'm sick and tired of trying to convince myself this is a good team. Until they prove it, they are the same old Bills

Can't disagree with this too much. Although, if history is any indication, I am not sure the bolded part is true.

I think it is a combination of things that others have brought up. Lucky wins early, Marrone not needing to make key decisions, Orton playing above his mediocrity, Chicago being a major pretender and so on. The stars aligned for the Bills early. But over the course of the season teams will show what they really are. The Bills at the moment are mediocre.

Why do you all feel the team is out of the playoffs? Do you not see them winning against Denver, Green Bay, and New England? My point is that If we never thought they could win those games, did they belong in the playoffs anyway? Don't give up. Keep supporting our team. They are clearly getting better. They're just not there yet.

What hasn't been mentioned is the complete lack of adjustments at the half. Other teams adjust to us, but we never seem to. That loses close games all the time.

but haven't we rallied for wins against Chicago, Minn, and Detroit? In the 2nd half? Winning close games? Edited by klos63

Why do you all feel the team is out of the playoffs? Do you not see them winning against Denver, Green Bay, and New England? My point is that If we never thought they could win those games, did they belong in the playoffs anyway? Don't give up. Keep supporting our team. They are clearly getting better. They're just not there yet.

Why do you equate not thinking the Bills are going to beat good teams with not supporting the team? I never understood that line of thinking. Even if they don't think the team is good enough to beat Denver or the cheaters and even with the snow-pocalypse, the fans will still be there supporting the team. Don't be so one dimensional.