Package Manual in a trade offer to move up to 1st round

Sweet Lou

There is an unmeasurable amount of opinion, both negative and positive, from the fans, the media and I'm sure the coaches in confidental meetings as well, regarding Manual's future and rightly so.

From a football "business" standpoint (Myself thinking like a new GM; et.al) If I needed to, or wanted to reposition my team to take a coveted player in the next draft I would try to package EJ Manuel and another player of equal value (or potential value) to move up to the first round so I could give our team a better opportunity to draft what I would consider a future franchise player.

Is there a coveted player (QB) in the next draft that would warrant this kind of trade ? Thoughts ?

Opinions welcome. However, try and stay civil my fellow fans. I'm betting some of you can't do it

Lou

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Manuel will never be a consistent starter. He wasnt accurate in college and he isn't accurate in the pros. Accuracy cannot be taught, EJ is a backup, it is time ot face that fact. I wanted him to succeed but he has demonstrated every negative trait that I ignroed and let slide when we drafted him

You could package EJ but you're going to have to throw in MAJOR PLAYER Because EJ would just be a side dish tossed in to sweeten a much better deal, not 1 single team wil be clamoring for EJ

There is less than a 0% chance that a 2nd rd pick and EJ gets you up into the 1st round, nobody is making this trade

Edited by Snorom

Manuel has no value because he stinks

Jeeze Ward, i think youre being a little hard on the beaver

Who would ever give up anything for EJ?

Do you tell your kids that theyll never amount to anything too?

Who is Manual?

EJ MANUEL

QB #3

Height:

6-5

Weight:

College:

Florida State

Hometown:

Virginia Beach, VA

Experience:

QUICK STATS (2014):

TDS

INT

YDS

RTG

We could probably package EJ and our second round pick for another team's second round pick. Probably.

I'd say some coach/OC with a lot of confidence (overconfidence?) would take a flyer on him, thinking he could turn the physical talent into an effective NFL QB. But that means something like 6th round pick, not 1st round pick. Look at it this way: Terrelle Pryor doesn't have a job, and you can sign him for nothing.