for the love of God can Marrone grow a set and go for it on 4th down?

Pete

Buffalo at 11:35 BUF MIA C.Sturgis kicks 68 yards from MIA 35 to BUF -3. B.Brown pushed ob at BUF 29 for 32 yards (C.Sturgis). MIA-J.Freeny was injured during the play. He is Out. 9 19 1st and 10 at BUF 29 (11:29) K.Orton pass short left to B.Brown to BUF 33 for 4 yards (R.Jones). 2nd and 6 at BUF 33 (11:11) (Shotgun) K.Orton pass short left to B.Brown pushed ob at BUF 49 for 16 yards (J.Jenkins). 1st and 10 at BUF 49 (10:35) (Shotgun) A.Dixon left tackle to MIA 47 for 4 yards (D.Shelby). 2nd and 6 at MIA 47 (10:06) (Shotgun) K.Orton pass incomplete deep left to S.Watkins. 3rd and 6 at MIA 47 (9:55) (Shotgun) K.Orton pass incomplete short left to R.Woods. 4th and 6 at MIA 47 (9:55) C.Schmidt punts 27 yards to MIA 20, Center-G.Sanborn, fair catch by J.Landry.

IWTF? I am sick of this kitty play. And this **** has been happening all year. Christ already, get some balls Marrone and go for it on 4th and give your team a chance to win

4th and 6 at MIA 47 (9:55) C.Schmidt punts 27 yards to MIA 20, Center-G.Sanborn, fair catch by J.Landry.

Down 19-9 with less then 10 minutes left, Marrone punts from Miami's 47 we kitty out and instead kick a 27 yard punt :doh::wallbash::censored::thumbdown::bag::angry:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point it doesn't even matter. The conservative, confidence-lacking approach is ingrained in the game planning, the structure of the offense and its personnel, the way the QBs are coached, etc. To go for it on fourth down you need plays designed to succeed in critical situations, and players who believe they can get the job done. It's a cultural issue.

Time to clean the f-ing house.

Is no one upset about punting 4th and 6 from Miami's 47 with 9 minutes left down 19-9? I would fire saint Doug for punting in that situation on that reason alone. Punting is a quitters mentality- we need a winner coach. This play epitomizes the bills teams of the last 15 years. I am disgusted at that decision

Buffalo at 11:35 BUF MIA C.Sturgis kicks 68 yards from MIA 35 to BUF -3. B.Brown pushed ob at BUF 29 for 32 yards (C.Sturgis). MIA-J.Freeny was injured during the play. He is Out. 9 19 1st and 10 at BUF 29 (11:29) K.Orton pass short left to B.Brown to BUF 33 for 4 yards (R.Jones). 2nd and 6 at BUF 33 (11:11) (Shotgun) K.Orton pass short left to B.Brown pushed ob at BUF 49 for 16 yards (J.Jenkins). 1st and 10 at BUF 49 (10:35) (Shotgun) A.Dixon left tackle to MIA 47 for 4 yards (D.Shelby). 2nd and 6 at MIA 47 (10:06) (Shotgun) K.Orton pass incomplete deep left to S.Watkins. 3rd and 6 at MIA 47 (9:55) (Shotgun) K.Orton pass incomplete short left to R.Woods. 4th and 6 at MIA 47 (9:55) C.Schmidt punts 27 yards to MIA 20, Center-G.Sanborn, fair catch by J.Landry.

IWTF? I am sick of this kitty play. And this **** has been happening all year. Christ already, get some balls Marrone and go for it on 4th and give your team a chance to win4th and 6 at MIA 47 (9:55) C.Schmidt punts 27 yards to MIA 20, Center-G.Sanborn, fair catch by J.Landry.

Down 19-9 with less then 10 minutes left, Marrone punts from Miami's 47 we kitty out and instead kick a 27 yard punt :doh::wallbash::censored::thumbdown::bag::angry:

In the last 3 games don't we have 3 FG from inside the 5 yard line.

If the refs don't give the Dolphins the safety and the PI then that 13 points.

The Bills convert a TD inside the 5 and that's 13 points.

If you want to win games and especially beat the contenders coming up on the schedule you need to convert those TDs or give them 97 yard fid to go on offense against our defense.

We might of got a legitimate safety if Phins were backed up to our 3 yard line.

In the last 3 games don't we have 3 FG from inside the 5 yard line.

If the refs don't give the Dolphins the safety and the PI then that 13 points.

The Bills convert a TD inside the 5 and that's 13 points.

If you want to win games and especially beat the contenders coming up on the schedule you need to convert those TDs or give them 97 yard fid to go on offense against our defense.

We might of got a legitimate safety if Phins were backed up to our 3 yard line.

yep when we continually get screwed by refs It is better to man up and make 4th down conversions then to capitulate and punt away a victory. !@#$ you self proclaimed Saint Doug

At this point it doesn't even matter. The conservative, confidence-lacking approach is ingrained in the game planning, the structure of the offense and its personnel, the way the QBs are coached, etc. To go for it on fourth down you need plays designed to succeed in critical situations, and players who believe they can get the job done. It's a cultural issue.

Thanks, I wasn't depressed enough about the state of affairs.

And if it didn't work? Then Bills fans here would be saying "why the F did Marrone go for it on 4th and 6? What an incompetent coach."

Some Bills fans might say that. However, that does not mean the punt was the correct call in that situation.

For all of the talk about analytics, what we have come to learn is that Marrone is as old-school and non-innovative as they come. He's afraid to be wrong about those calls, so he punts and kicks FGs.

Marrone has to go.

I think we saw this in ej big time with his deep throws being where the defender couldn't make a play.... But so conservative it was tough to impossible for the wr. I know accuracy was an issue but I think it was compounded by the "just don't screw up" philosophy.

And if it didn't work? Then Bills fans here would be saying "why the F did Marrone go for it on 4th and 6? What an incompetent coach."

Are you arguing it was the right call or that if you have enough people someone will have a differing opinion?

Edited by NoSaint

Well said. They wouldn't have made it anyway because they have instilled the conservative mindset into the entire team.

Well said. They wouldn't have made it anyway because they have instilled the conservative mindset into the entire team.

It's the "Saint Doug" mindset - the coach doesn't believe in his players, and thinks it would take a miracle worker to make them into winners. That attitude pervades the locker room, the coaching staff, and the design of the offense. It's infectious (in an Ebola way). And this way, if he fails, well, what did you expect, a miracle? And if he succeeds, he touts himself as a miracle worker.

I've worked with people like that before, they're miserable.

I detest the man.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

I'm sick of Doug. I honestly thought we had our man this time, but if we don't have a coach with the new era of football sense then we aren't going anywhere.

Our offense is not innovative at all and Hackett has to go. I hate him more than Doug

It's the "Saint Doug" mindset - the coach doesn't believe in his players, and thinks it would take a miracle worker to make them into winners. That attitude pervades the locker room, the coaching staff, and the design of the offense. It's infectious (in an Ebola way). And this way, if he fails, well, what did you expect, a miracle? And if he succeeds, he touts himself as a miracle worker.

I've worked with people like that before, they're miserable.

I detest the man.

I agree that if the story is true, it's a bigger issue than most made out of it. For exactly the reasons you list.

Punting on 4th and 6 will be the nail in his bills coffin.

Season over. That after he took slow action on fixing line w urbik which cost a few more wins.

Clueless bum.

It's one thing to be clueless.

It's quite another to be both clueless AND stubbornly convinced that your way of doing things is the only right way to do them. Doug Quixote.

Agree with this 100%. There is a much larger problem going on vs conservatism. It seems no matter what we do, we fail especially in must win games and later in the season. A couple of different decisions in the last two games doesn't change their overall performance. Orton has regressed, Watkins has regressed, Woods has regressed. The offense as a whole has regressed. Don't know what to blame other than coaching.

Agree with this 100%. There is a much larger problem going on vs conservatism. It seems no matter what we do, we fail especially in must win games and later in the season. A couple of different decisions in the last two games doesn't change their overall performance. Orton has regressed, Watkins has regressed, Woods has regressed. The offense as a whole has regressed. Don't know what to blame other than coaching.

Name a player on offense who has actually improved and developed under Marrone. The ONLY one who possibly falls into that category is Seantral, and I'm not sure Marrone can take credit for him. But let's give him Seantral - that's one dude. Every other player on offense has remained stagnant or has actually regressed.

Edited by Coach Tuesday