for the love of God can Marrone grow a set and go for it on 4th down?

Pete

false. we dont all enjoy jauronball as much as you do. everyone lit him up for it. wgr morning crew wanted to tar and feather him.

I think he's confusing "you all" with"there would be someone" which is a common mistake in message board banter. Someone would've complained and I bet most would've said look at the numbers- it's the right way to put your players in a position to win.

If course ph doesn't realize he's the "will complain about anything without basis in reality or numbers or anything else" guy in this instance

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a loser mentality. The coach shouldn't worry about that reaction, although clearly Marrone does judging from this great NY Times piece: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/15/upshot/bills-coach-stumbles-on-fourth-down-decisions-and-questions.html?abt=0002&abg=1 .

Great article.

But do you really need a bot to tell you to go for it on 4th and 6 at that point of the game? Common sense dictated to go for it.

I really hope Marrone gets roasted for this, because it is one of the dumbest decisions I have seen.

3rd and 2... you run and come up short....It's 4th and 1.

Defense is all high fiving, jumping around, bouncing off each other... fans going nuts, coaches clapping...QB is warming up on the sideline all grim faced and serious, tossing footballs to some assistant coach. Time to go score some points!

Then you line right up and pound it forward for 1st down. Suddenly it's 1st and 10. So much for all that.

It's like a turnover

Edited by TheFunPolice