Should Bills trade players like McKelvin and Brown?

mdk

The Patriots success speaks for itself. Among other factors they generally draft, and retain, players that are 'smart and coachable'. The fumbles that caused the KC defeat were not first time offences for RB Brown and CB McKelvin. Would you package these players for a starting OL or high draft pick?

Yeah man, I was kind of mad at Brown for 5min but I've never thought of wanting to package him for picks.

As for McKelvin, where do above average to pretty good corners grow on trees? He's a good player who gets bonus points this week from me for telling Miami to suck it.

We'll, no. I likely wouldn't have traded for brown in the first place. I'd much rather we kept Stevie Johnson and have a stacked wr core.

Running backs basically have to have two things to be worthwhile in my book. 1-never fumble and 2- read blocks. After that it's all gravy. Brown fumbles and spiller can't read blocks.

MacKelvin is a good return man but he fumbles. I let him focus on corner bc he seems to be this defenses weak link (if I had to pick one). I'm surprised Corey graham hasn't gotten more chances after his early season success.

The Patriots success speaks for itself. Among other factors they generally draft, and retain, players that are 'smart and coachable'. The fumbles that caused the KC defeat were not first time offences for RB Brown and CB McKelvin. Would you package these players for a starting OL or high draft pick?

Please give back the 5 seconds I spent reading that OP

this line of thought is why we have been irrelevant for 14 years. you don't get rid of players without having a replacement plan for equal or better production. We currently don't have anybody on the roster to replace him, and similar to Byrd, we aren't gaining strength elsewhere by eliminating the salary. Stop, just stop.

I would not have resigned him myself, however not that they HAVE, I would never put the ball in his hands in an important situation. Even

without the fumbles, he doesn't make good decisions when back there returning. If you could cut your losses, go for it.

this line of thought is why we have been irrelevant for 14 years. you don't get rid of players without having a replacement plan for equal or better production. We currently don't have anybody on the roster to replace him, and similar to Byrd, we aren't gaining strength elsewhere by eliminating the salary. Stop, just stop.

Actually we did with Byrd.

Yeah man, I was kind of mad at Brown for 5min but I've never thought of wanting to package him for picks.

As for McKelvin, where do above average to pretty good corners grow on trees? He's a good player who gets bonus points this week from me for telling Miami to suck it.

First I'd like to say the OP's question of whether or not we should package these players off is ludicrous. However, you were kind of mad about that play for 5 min? Dude, that play still bothers me now. If he doesn't fumble, that changes the whole dynamics of that game, we begin to pound the ball, they pass even more which plays right into our hands and we are 6-3.

Isn't McKlevin one of the 3 Bills with the most votes for the pro-bowl? Why would we get rid of a pro bowl caliber player? We rarely send players to the pro bowl anymore.

I would just relieve him of his punt returning duties, I believe he's only in there because Spiller is out.