How Many Wins saves the Coaching staff

rumblefish

Do I need to link the schedule for the rest of the year???? Do any of you actually pay attention to the team, or just whine until the next head coach is the next Vince Lombardi? While only winning 3more games would suck, take a look at our December schedule.

But yeah, !@#$ momentum, let's clean house.... Again.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After going 6-10 last year I think that any less than 8-8 heads may roll. So I think 8 may be enough to save them. That's not saying I think they should be safe at 8-8..I just think that they would be given 1 more year.

Also have to factor in how we lose games. If we're competitive the rest of the way vs GB, Den, NE but lose those games and finish 8-8, they're probably safe. If we get completely blown out of the water, that's a different type of 8-8.

So for the people saying 8 wins is enough....a 3-5 finish after a 5-3 start (and a 6-10 finish last year) and everyone's OK?

No way.

Yeah ... it would have been better to start 3-5 and go 8-8 then to start 5-3 and go 8-8. One shows improvement then other shows a collapse of sorts. I think 9-7 is the way to look at it(being safe). Going .500 after a "fast" start shows improvement/continued motivation. There is no reason for a team with this talent to go less the .500 over the last 8 games. Any consultant should be able to provide that prospective to the Pegulas

unfortunately all of the coaches will be back next year because Marrone will promise to "work on" the issues that plagued this team. and then after we go 6-10 again everyone will be fired and it's back to square one in 2016. blahhh we have been on this carousel for the past 20 years...when will it end??

Just my opinion but......

As we all remember, this is a no excuses season. Not addressing the guard position with quality and stalling the running game were correctable and fatal flaws

The team also continues to lose at home......

Anything less then the playoffs (considering this is new ownership in place) could and will cost all coaches their job.

Keep in mind the Ralph Wilson era is over, finding a new coach will NOT be anywhere near as hard as before.

We might even hire a top 5 head coach quit easily...

--

Edited by HOUSE

As we all remember, this is a no excuses season. Not addressing the guard position, stalling the running game were correctable flaws

The team also continues to lose at home......

Anything less then the playoffs (considering this is new ownership) will cost all coaches their job.

--

And lest anyone forget, Whaley is not worried about giving up next years number 1 because it isn't going to be a high pick.

The question that I have is if whether Marrone would have made the change on QB if it there wasn't job security concerns. Without that change we'd be an afterthought. This is the best coaching staff that we've had in a long time but that does not mean that they are good.

Without the change, I think we'd have the same record. EJ was 2-2. Orton is 3-2 including a game Detroit gave us my missing 3 FGs and a game NYJ gave us with 6 turnovers. Orton is marginally better than EJ.

Pegula is not the type of owner to make any kind of quick changes. Unless they go winless or only win 1, I fully expect them all to return.

Yep. If the Sabres were any indication, these guys will likely be here at least another year.

Without the change, I think we'd have the same record. EJ was 2-2. Orton is 3-2 including a game Detroit gave us my missing 3 FGs and a game NYJ gave us with 6 turnovers. Orton is marginally better than EJ.

In fairness if you're going to play the hypothetical game, Orton would be 4-1 if either brown or mckelvin hold onto the football

This is the best coaching staff we've had in over a decade. We don't have a QB, an Oline or starting RBs and we're in the playoff hunt.

What the !@#$ is wrong with you people?

This is like saying she was least fat, ugly girl I dated.

Our defensive coaching staff is great. I'd retain them. But the second they bench EJ, it was an all in move. This offense sucks and players aren't improving. IF this team wins less than 9, it is a failure.

Yep. If the Sabres were any indication, these guys will likely be here at least another year.

Lindy Ruff was one of the greatest coaches in Sabres' history and one of the best coaches in the NHL. Marrone has coached at Syracuse and is more similar to Dick Jauron than Chip Kelly.

If they don't have a winning season, this would be a perfect time to make changes. This team wins inspite of coaching.