What if????

rumblefish

We have wondered what would the Bills be like today if Chip Kelly was hired , right now He looks like the

best coach to come into the NFL in a long time, and the Eagles are so similar to the Bills in personal, would the Bills be contender right now, one can only wonder

we re not saying that we aren't pleased with the progress, all we were speculating on is would the team have gotten better quicker under Kelly, look when the team was 2-14 we didn't jump ship, we didn't quit rooting when the rest of the league was laughing at Bills and Bills fans, is Marone the answer, we hope so, but starting over "continuously" is not the answer

While I'm not certain, I think it's fair to say the biggest obstacle the Bills faced when they were hiring a head coach was the uncertainty of the franchise itself. Ralph, due to his age not his wallet, wasn't inspiring any confidence in the higher echelons of potential coaching hires, especially for a guy like Kelly who was trying to make the jump from NCAA to the pros. Taking a gig in Buffalo prior to Pegula was like taking a job in purgatory. Not only was the roster (at the time) devoid of real talent and a QB, the shaky ownership situation meant a coach could sign up to coach in Buffalo and end up coaching an expansion type team on the move -- no one wants to take that on.

Now that that issue is behind us, the next coaching search -- whenever that should be -- should bring about a hirer caliber list of candidates than we've seen in Buffalo in a long time.

We have wondered what would the Bills be like today if Chip Kelly was hired , right now He looks like the

best coach to come into the NFL in a long time, and the Eagles are so similar to the Bills in personal, would the Bills be contender right now, one can only wonder

I know exactly what would have happened...

Half the board would be calling for Chip's firing. Half the board would arguing whether EJ or Orton should be starting. Half the board would be declaring our season over after every loss. Half the board would be posting about how we are really a 1-7 team if not for a few lucky plays. In other words, no different than it is now.

I know exactly what would have happened...

Half the board would be calling for Chip's firing. Half the board would arguing whether EJ or Orton should be starting. Half the board would be declaring our season over after every loss. Half the board would be posting about how we are really a 1-7 team if not for a few lucky plays. In other words, no different than it is now.

Promo....Your half's are equal to more than one forum board. How many Bills forum boards do we have? LOL!...Just kidding, I know what you mean.

BigPappy

The weird thing is, its not like their offense has been playing lights out. Their defense and special teams have been opportunistic.

Still, would have been awesome to see what he could have done here. But we can't. Because..obviously.

They are 5th in the NFL in total yards http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/netYardsPerGame and 4th in the most important stat, points. http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/totalPointsPerGame And this is with a ton of oline injuries.

It was a brilliant move for Kelly and the Eagles to sign Sanchez. He never was as terrible as portrayed. Now they're still looking great even after the #1 QB goes down.

He was worse than EJ as a rookie (53%, 12 tds, and 20 ints). If we signed him, he's probably just as bad. But Kelly is a legit great offensive mind. And the fact that he wanted guys like EJ and Spiller makes me question this offensive coaching staff even more. We are wasting talent.

We're not a contender? We are 5-4, have a top-10 defense, and if we can get the O-coordinators head out of his *ss, we can probably win another 5-6 games. Grass ain't greener on the other side.

I think the point is we shouldn't be 5-4 hoping to make the playoffs. We should be one of the better teams in the AFC.

They are 5th in the NFL in total yards http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/netYardsPerGame and 4th in the most important stat, points. http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/totalPointsPerGame And this is with a ton of oline injuries.

He was worse than EJ as a rookie (53%, 12 tds, and 20 ints). If we signed him, he's probably just as bad. But Kelly is a legit great offensive mind. And the fact that he wanted guys like EJ and Spiller makes me question this offensive coaching staff even more. We are wasting talent.

I think the point is we shouldn't be 5-4 hoping to make the playoffs. We should be one of the better teams in the AFC.

Which playoff team are we "better" than?

With our current offensive coaching staff, we are exactly where we should be. With Chip Kelly, we are just as good as any AFC team besides Denver and NE. We have a top 6 defense in the NFL.

We have better offensive talent than San Diego, KC, Colts? Really?

You act as if Bills fans have nothing to complain about.

You realize they've been one of the worst franchises in all of sports the past 15 years right?

I'm sure if Chip Kelly were our coach the team would be at least 6-3 or 7-2 based on what he's done with the Eagles. The guy seems like a great coach. He would've been a better option then settling for the coach of the Syracuse Orange who did what exactly? Win a few pin stripe bowls?

I think thats the OP's point.

Except he wasn't an option. And the season isn't over. Maybe we should see how Chip Kelly does without having a miracle QB on the roster. Everyone remembers that he started Vick for the first half of the year? Why didn't he get flak for that moronic decision?