It might be time to get Jon Gruden's phone number.

Tipster19

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gruden:, why oh why would you want to go backwards, if your looking for the possible coach of the future, a Chip Kelly clone would be the direction to go , recycling coaches who have not been in the league over 5 years is more miss than hit, if it was the thing to do everybody would be doing it

Edited by rumblefish

As a Bills fan that now lives in Tampa I must laugh every time I hear someone say that Gruden won the Super Bowl with "Dungy's team". Just a heads up that Dungy never got that team to even win an NFC title let alone a Super Bowl ring. Nor was he ever going to. To drive home my point Gruden brought in 11 of the starters who were on the Super Bowl team (50% of the starters). Including the Quarterback, starting wideouts, starting running back (and guy who shouldve won SB MVP), and many of the defenders even. The only reason Dungy got his ring ring was because of Peyton Manning. Gruden is a FARRRRR superior coach to Tony Dungy and it would be one of the greatest days in Bills history if he came here. He does not settle for mediocrity.

We are somewhat winning despite Hackett. He is CERTAINLY not helping us win. With our defense, and the opposition we have played we should be 7-2 right now and we are very lucky to not be 4-5. I know your record is what your record is, but it just doesnt look as ugly yet because we havent played our December schedule yet. We will be looking at our usual 6-8 wins. The difference is that this team finally has the talent to win 11 or 12.

As a Bills fan that now lives in Tampa I must laugh every time I hear someone say that Gruden won the Super Bowl with "Dungy's team". Just a heads up that Dungy never got that team to even win an NFC title let alone a Super Bowl ring. Nor was he ever going to. To drive home my point Gruden brought in 11 of the starters who were on the Super Bowl team (50% of the starters). Including the Quarterback, starting wideouts, starting running back (and guy who shouldve won SB MVP), and many of the defenders even. The only reason Dungy got his ring ring was because of Peyton Manning. Gruden is a FARRRRR superior coach to Tony Dungy and it would be one of the greatest days in Bills history if he came here. He does not settle for mediocrity.

Thank you for thoroughly disposing the myth of Tony Dungy. Nice guy and you cant cant take that away from him but some of the coaching legend you have effectively chipped away at. I would absolutely love to see Gruden walk in here. I'm not down with firing a coach after two years but I'm not about propping up a loser either and would rather cut my losses and move on then waste two more years and trying to defend this crap.

Something's wrong. I don't know what it is but would love to ask Mike Williams. You know a guy we traded for. No big trade obviously but his skill sure as hell would have lent itself to us having a chance to win a couple of these games wouldn't it? A fish rots from the head up lol

The rest of this season determines their fate.

Gruden is a joke. This is proven by his statement about Oakland. He would come back for the right money and in a year or to, just watch. He will land somewhere, put on his heels, lipstick and be the prettiest pig in town. He will go somewhere strange, Carolina, New Jersey (Jets), or Atlanta. Somewhere he can still be a douche but still be loved by all.

In Tampa he was very good but not great. He took a tea! Dingy made, great D and talent on O and won in a weak year. In Oakland he had a coach on the field - Gannon. He couldn't get the job done without a D, no matter how good that offense was.

He is crap as a coach and he is outdated in his understanding of the game. I challenge you people who love him or like what he has to say by simply saying you know crap about football. His breakdown of a play is some baffoningly simple that a child who had 2 years of PeeWee Football could do it just the same. He makes his money pandering to morons who hang on his snarky wannabe witty edgy words and that's just ridiculous. He doesn't know football better then half of the HS coaches in this country and I could twice the job with the talent he has had his entire over celebrated idea.

TL,Dr; gruden sucks donkey schlong.

As a Bills fan that now lives in Tampa I must laugh ery time I hear someone say that Gruden won the Super Bowl with "Dungy's team". Just a heads up that Dungy never got that team to even win an NFC title let alone a Super Bowl ring. Nor was he ever going to. To drive home my point Gruden brought in 11 of the starters who were on the Super Bowl team (50% of the starters). Including the Quarterback, starting wideouts, starting running back (and guy who shouldve won SB MVP), and many of the defenders even. The only reason Dungy got his ring ring was because of Peyton Manning. Gruden is a FARRRRR superior coach to Tony Dungy and it would be one of the greatest days in Bills history if he came here. He does not settle for mediocrity.

Dungy started the team, Gruden brought in his boys. Dungy is a bigger piece of crap but deserves some credit for that team.

They did a win at all costs move and buried themselves in cap hell. He had a stacked D to work with - Brooks, Brber, Lynch, Sapp top it off, the Rice Jackson, and Quarles? That D was among the best ever and that's what won him the game. His offense was nothing more then big, tough WRs catching passes from a game manager QB and running it down a tired defenses throat. 21 points directly from the D!!!!!! Six freaking turnovers? Come on Man, gruden is slime.

At least hire Gruden as a CONSULTANT or SOMETHING.... His Tampa Team won that SB with what I recall was a ridiculously high scoring defense. His Oakland team got BONED by Mr. Wonderful and the "Tuck" rule all those years ago. The guy KNOWS FOOTBALL... I'd like to hear what he has to say.

I want us to retain Spiller, he bleeds blue, and get rid of this Bryce Brown. I'm usually pretty excited and optimistic whenever we make a trade or pick a player up but I NEVER wanted Brown. The guy is a dancing, fumbling fool and he will never be a Bill in my eyes and if Boobie, good name for him, doesn't buy in totally to the fanbase then get rid of his ass too.

I disagree with your opinion on Brown. He hits the hole much better than Spiller, is fast on the edges, and in my opinion can be a better (and cheaper) alternative to Spiller. Let him play a few games & I bet he gets rolling. (just needs to work on hanging on to the football).

When all is said and done this season's record is probably going to be the best this team has had in a decade. And people want to fire the coach that got us that in only his second year??

You don't go from a bottom feeder to champs overnight.

1985: 2-14

1986: 4-12

1987: 7-8

1988: 12-4

Marrone went 6-10 his first season and will almost definitely end this season with a better record than that. Maybe we should just WAIT AND SEE.

Guys:

People remember Gruden for his SB run. He also coming to Tampa took the Raiders one game away from the SB the year before, and was solid as the OC in Philly under Reid.

Now, because I lived through Gruden, he took on too much power in the regime with Bruce Allen as a puppet, and bbrought in way too many old washed up guys, as he wanted people to win now the years after the SB. We went from 11-5, to 5-11, to 11-5, 5-11, and so on for 5 years. It wasn't all rosy down here with the Bucs.

Dungy on the other hand, with his mild mannered approach along with Rich McKay built a hell of a defense, and Buc ball, which means very predictable running type team. That defense was a top 10 defense for 10 years.

I just wouldn't rewrite history overstating Gruden's prowess. Besides, he's the face of MNF, makes I believe $3 mil a year for not a lot of work, and not stressed working 19 hour days, I'd doubt he comes back. He and the Chin are making easy money and very popular. Lastly, he's enjoying coaching his boys in football, helps out at Carrollwood Day School which became a much better high school team once he was able to help.

It's funny as my defensive coach wehn I coached my boys in a competitive flag league, used to go up against Gruden every year before he switched from I-9 to our NFL Flag league. It's kind of cool to know you beat Gruden in flag. My buddy beat him one out of three times.

Cowher, Dungy, Gruden......these guys are not coming back to coaching. They have great jobs, make millions and don't have to work 18 hour days and not see their families. They're done.

It sure seems that way. It used to seem that the booth was just a stop before they get back to coaching................I always thought Jimmy Johnson would go back. And, now none of them do.

I can't blame them at all. I wonder if they really make millions though. I'm sure they make good money, but what they do doesn't seem to be worth millions.