Thursday decides whether or not this is "same old Bills"...

Coming off a gut wrenching loss on Sunday, against a divisional opponent, 2-4 in the conference and now well behind the proverbial "eight ball", I believe Thursday night tells us everything we need to know about this team.

In years past, after a defeat the likes of which we witnessed at the Ralph on Sunday, this team has been notorious for mailing in games when the chips are down. With new ownership now at the helm, I highly suggest the Marrone and company do everything in their power to avoid that happening.

Whether they make the playoffs or not , their chances etc. is irrelevant to me, personally. And i realize ill get alot of heat on this thread for saying that.

However, after Sundays loss, in no mood whatsoever to watch another NFL game, i sportingly tuned in to the Denver vs. Oakland contest.

Did the game turn into a blowout, just as everyone anticipated? Absolutely. But i also witnessed an 0-8 Raiders squad that fought for 60 minutes.

Whether we squeek in the playoffs or not, the one thing i DO NOT want to see is another bills team lay an egg, hanging their heads for the next seven weeks. We as fans have witnessed that way too often. We deserve better than that...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't think of a team I'd rather have the Bills playing on a short weak in primetime than the Dolphins. And that includes teams like the Raiders.

We've been mauling them the past couple years. Our defense seems to be able to consistently dominate them more than any other team.

And their "home field advantage" is a joke.

The Bills do fight hard. It's a playoff caliber defense with a subpar offense unfortunately. They are 1-4 in what amounts to "round robin" games vs. AFC playoff competition. I wouldn't say 'same old Bills'. The offense just isn't playoff caliber.

The Bills do fight hard. It's a playoff caliber defense with a subpar offense unfortunately. They are 1-4 in what amounts to "round robin" games vs. AFC playoff competition. I wouldn't say 'same old Bills'. The offense just isn't playoff caliber.

The 2000 Baltimore Ravens say "hi"

Bills were 2-0 and had a huge game at home against the Chargers.....Loss

Bills were 2-1 and had a huge game against former QB Fitz.......Loss

Bills had a huge game against the Pats......Loss

On Sunday, KC's game was huge and in Classic Bills Form.....Dominate game, 6 sacks, lead in the 4rth......LOSS

This will never get old:

Nor this:

Nor this:

Enjoy ladies!

The 2000 Baltimore Ravens say "hi"

Lol. The 2000 Ravens were generational. Like a once in a blue moon kind of special. They allowed 10 pts per game and were +23 in takeway/giveaway.

The Bills are -5 in turnovers at home and +10 on the road (thanks to +6 vs. the NYJ). We better hope that road trend continues Thurs night!

How about a near-miraculous 6-1 run (L at Denver) to grab the East out of the grasp of the Patriots*? How about that? What if the team, which has enough talent to beat teams like Miami and Cleveland and (should have) enough pride to upset the likes of the Patriots and GB, says "f*** this" and just plays lights out for the next seven weeks? And go ahead and post a :w00t: or a :beer: all you want, but it's a hell of a lot more fun being a Bills fan if you can imagine the possibilities.

Edited by Rivermont Mike

Actually, Thursday will decide if " it's the same ol Bills fans"

A loss will NOT mean the end of the season. It won't look good.........but it still not the end.

Some of you guys need " Medical Marijuana after a loss " :w00t:

Edited by HOUSE

Actually, Thursday will decide if " it's the same ol Bills fans"

A loss will NOT mean the end of the season. It won't look good.........but it still not the end.

Some of you guys need " Medical Marijuana after a loss " :w00t:

I think you may need some Math lessons if you think the playoffs are in reach at 5-6.

Coming off a gut wrenching loss on Sunday, against a divisional opponent, 2-4 in the conference and now well behind the proverbial "eight ball", I believe Thursday night tells us everything we need to know about this team.

In years past, after a defeat the likes of which we witnessed at the Ralph on Sunday, this team has been notorious for mailing in games when the chips are down. With new ownership now at the helm, I highly suggest the Marrone and company do everything in their power to avoid that happening.

Whether they make the playoffs or not , their chances etc. is irrelevant to me, personally. And i realize ill get alot of heat on this thread for saying that.

However, after Sundays loss, in no mood whatsoever to watch another NFL game, i sportingly tuned in to the Denver vs. Oakland contest.

Did the game turn into a blowout, just as everyone anticipated? Absolutely. But i also witnessed an 0-8 Raiders squad that fought for 60 minutes.

Whether we squeek in the playoffs or not, the one thing i DO NOT want to see is another bills team lay an egg, hanging their heads for the next seven weeks. We as fans have witnessed that way too often. We deserve better than that...

Did you see Sunday's game?

This has already been determined.

This is the same old Bills.

We're just missing the game where the team completely quits on the coaches.

I expect that to happen on Thursday 38-3 Dolphins is my prediction.

The Bills need to develop a killer instinct quick. The KC should've been no contest.

They have to win the next 3, and they certainly can. Despite orton's poor throws, the O might be turning a corner.

Finish this quarter 3-1, then split the final 4. I think 10-6 will do it despite being on the wrong end of too many tie breakers.

Lose Thursday and it's aloha...