Can Bills Set All Time Sack Record?

truth on hold

I doubt it but I wonder what the record is for a starting DL? They probably have a good shot at that. I don't think that it is crazy to think that group has 50 sacks. It could be something like 15 for Dareus, 13 for Hughes, 13 for Mario and 9 for Kyke. That would be insane.

wow you're right, this team doesn't blitz much so most of their sacks come from the front 4. Id imagine buddy Ryan's bears defense blitzed a lot. NFL's Rosenthal called bills front 4 a "force of nature" lol

Edited by JTSP

No historical record is likely. I think it would help a lot if our offense scored more points to force more teams to have pass at the end of games. That's unlikely, BUT we could lead the league by years end and that would be pretty cool. Either way, what a waste to have such an exceptional D and still miss the playoffs. We have to turn this around. It is cruel to this group, and we probably won't have Hughes next year.

No historical record is likely. I think it would help a lot if our offense scored more points to force more teams to have pass at the end of games. That's unlikely, BUT we could lead the league by years end and that would be pretty cool. Either way, what a waste to have such an exceptional D and still miss the playoffs. We have to turn this around. It is cruel to this group, and we probably won't have Hughes next year.

Yeah, I was thinking same thing. Its a shame an impotent offense is making us not apprediate the special defense we have

I doubt it but I wonder what the record is for a starting DL? They probably have a good shot at that. I don't think that it is crazy to think that group has 50 sacks. It could be something like 15 for Dareus, 13 for Hughes, 13 for Mario and 9 for Kyke. That would be insane.

that would be crazy. i dont think kyle gets there but all 3 of the others could eclipse the numbers you listed. dareus is on pace for 18.

that would be crazy. i dont think kyle gets there but all 3 of the others could eclipse the numbers you listed. dareus is on pace for 18.

I tried to go a little conservative for everyone but Kyle. It's basically like a sack each per game for the rest of the year (or in that general vicinity). They are at 27 sacks through 9 games (3 a game). If that group is to get to 50 sacks they need to average 3.29 sacks per game over the last 7 games. That doesn't feel crazy to me. Edited by Kirby Jackson

I tried to go a little conservative for everyone but Kyle. It's basically like a sack each per game for the rest of the year (or in that general vicinity). They are at 27 sacks through 9 games (3 a game). If that group is to get to 50 sacks they need to average 3.29 sacks per game over the last 7 games. That doesn't feel crazy to me.

It's a reasonable projection but crazy accomplishment

• 2 weeks later...

With tonight's 7, that's 46 for the year.

Puts them 26 behind Bears record of 72.

With 5 games left they need to average 5.2/game to tie.

This is very much within their sites.

Why isn't the media picking up on this?

shhhh ....we don't want them to

Too busy talking about how soft Robert Woods is.

Isn't that crazy? It's so realistic. They are so, so good on the DL. I thought that they would set a 3 person record before looking at what that Vilings team did. Edited by Kirby Jackson