R-E-L-A-X

Kirby Jackson

Been doing it for nearly 50 years.. I really don't want to be one of those people that my grandson comes to the grave in 2060 and says-- they did it grandpa! I know, I'm a selfish bast%rd... :D

it's more likely that he'll say, "there's always next year, grandpa..." then dump a bottle of bills water and a handful of pizza logs on your grave.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually thought there was a lot of positives to take out of today's game:

1. Our defense is simply sick.

2. NH finally called some run plays that were somewhat more creative.

3. We managed to get the Brown involved in the passing game (which should've been done with Spiller)

4. Most important: The pass protection was phenomenal considering Orton was only sacked 1 time vs. a team ranked near the top in sacks.

We lost this game due to the screw-ups of two players: Brown and McKelvin. Simple as that. This isn't rocket science. There's no need to look into something that's not there. Brown and McKelvin lost us the game. End of story. Move on.

Not having seen the game, what changed with respect to pass protection? Did Orton really have more time to throw or was he merely releasing quickly after the snap?

I truly admire your optimism. And I wish I could share it, but I have seen this movie so many times it's like Groudhog's Day for me. I know how this movie ends and it ain't pretty. If we were going to make the playoffs, we absolutely needed to win that game yesterday. Losing it was inexcusable and for me it spells the end of our chance of making the playoffs. Watching the rest of the games will be my Sunday entertainment, just like always, but I truly do not expect a run at the playoffs. At best, maybe 8-8, but even that may be far fetched at this point.

I don't want to confuse optimism with perspective. I am not optimistic about the playoff chances. I said that if they lost this game it would be 5-10% chance. It's probably closer to 10% based on the results around the league yesterday. I am just trying to provide perspective on the situation. If Chandler falls on that ball in the end zone today we are talking about being in complete control, the 5th seed and chasing a division title. It didn't happen and it was a horrible way to lose. With that being said the Bills have to be 3-1 in this quarter of the season. That has been the sentiment amongst most people on here. They have played 1 game in that quarter and people are changing their tune. It's pretty simple now; they need to win their next 3. I don't think that it is likely but it's not impossible either. With each win that 10% number will climb again. How far it will climb will depend on what happens to the other teams that they are battling.

If we had Aaron Rodgers this thread would be relevant.

This team is average. Great defense with a bad offense. Add in some poor coaching and we have all of the ingredients for 8-8.

No way in hell we beat Denver, Green Bay, or NE.

They really needed this game against a team they need to pass in the standings to make the playoffs.

Does anyone really think they can run off 3 in a row? What team have you been watching this year or the past 15 years?

Today's loss was devastating and really hinders the playoff chances. With that being said this place has gotten ridiculous. There are threads about firing this guy, cutting that guy, and castrating that guy. If Brown or McKelvin don't fumble or if Chandler falls on that fumble everyone has a completely different outlook. The margin for error is gone and the Bills need to win 5 of their last 7. Obviously this isn't ideal but they did get some help today. If they win the next 3 they need to win 2 of their last 4. It's possible that week 17 May be meaningless for New England. If the Bills get to 10 wins they still have a decent shot. The overreaction and MMQBing on here is out of control. Let's let these next 3 games play out before running everyone out of town.

If my aunt had testicles she'd be my uncle

IF IF IF....... If a frogs ass didn't hit the ground every time he jumps he could fly. I am tired of getting out coached and not out played. Every time we go up against a good coach this type of loss seems to happen. This staff is in way over there head and hopefully the new ownership cleans house at seasons end and shows these bums the door and start over.

The loss hurt, but isn't fatal yet. Just a fleshwound.

The rest of the season will show how much faith the players have in Marrone & Co.

Completely agree .

What happens on Thursday is a complete reflection on Morrone's coaching.

If the team quits on him again like in Tampa that is all on coaching.

Past performance is not an indication of future performance however I fully expect the team to not show up on Thursday.

lol figured December would be tough, like 1-3 tough, now we have to upset one of these three GB, DEN or NE, I believe we can. I do believe we will win Thursday, I think we will beat the Jets and I feel strongly that we can beat Cleveland. 10-6 and playoffs

All these people who say we should be 7-2 or 6-3 or 9-0 are smoking something. This is the NFL. A lot of teams could say the same thing. It is a game of inches.

The Bills have earned a 5-4 record. KC is not a POS team. It was a close game. The Bills need to move to the next level and win these types of games - winning at home would help!

A playoff berth would have made the Watkins trade worth it to management. It would be the first thing they would say when speaking to Pegula and it would buy them all another year.

My guess is we end of 8-8 or 7-9. Whaley stays, Marrone goes.

Today's loss was devastating and really hinders the playoff chances. With that being said this place has gotten ridiculous. There are threads about firing this guy, cutting that guy, and castrating that guy. ...

Agree Kirby. Nice perspective here. This place is one to avoid on gamedays and days after losses.

GO BILLS!!!

All these people who say we should be 7-2 or 6-3 or 9-0 are smoking something. This is the NFL. A lot of teams could say the same thing. It is a game of inches.

The Bills have earned a 5-4 record. KC is not a POS team. It was a close game. The Bills need to move to the next level and win these types of games - winning at home would help!

A playoff berth would have made the Watkins trade worth it to management. It would be the first thing they would say when speaking to Pegula and it would buy them all another year.

My guess is we end of 8-8 or 7-9. Whaley stays, Marrone goes.

The problem is that KC did not "Win" that game, the Bills lost that game. If they can take that away and learn from it they, very well, may do great for the rest of the year. However, last year when they gave away games they play horribly in the games that followed.