When do the phantom calls against us stop??

Big Turk

There were calls at the wrong times that definitely were disputable. Yes there were plays that the Bills didn't make that piss me off too. However, to deny that calls against you at the wrong time have no impact is just wrong -they do. Nothing happens in a vacuum and one thing builds of another. Bottom line is that you have no control over the calls. That doesn't mean they don't make calls at the wrong times that impact the direction of the game. We are 5-4 and it sucks. We were the better team at the Line of Scrimmage today and lost.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF are you guys watching on? High powered telescopes?

The replays at the game showed nobody move at all on the Bills side. Everybody was totally livid.

It really was clear on the TV replays. He moved a minuscule amount. Tiniest bit. But he definitely did. twice. The thing was, that is not what the Chiefs jumped offsides from.

The replays at the game showed nobody move at all on the Bills side. Everybody was totally livid.

He did. One thing I'd think most know when attending games is the jumbotron in the heat of the moment doesn't match home replays with many angles and opportunities to show it. Kid moved. You'll see. You still may not love the call but he moved.

They literally zoomed in and circled the motion before it happened on the tv replays

Edited by NoSaint

I'm so tired of these phantom calls against us every game...in this case 3 of them this game...

1) Roughing the passer on Williams. View on the jumbotron clearly shows he went over the top of Smith and brushed his shoulder...nonsense call considering I've seen guys hit the QBs while sliding full force and get no calls

2) False start on 4th and 1...the entire stadium and Bills team knew it was a KC player that jumped offsides. However the ref calls it on us...wtf???? Are you serious??

3) PI on Chandler...Might have completely whiffed, but at worst barely even contacts the LB yet gets flagged. Meanwhile Gronkowski shoves our player to the ground, turns around and makes the catch in the NE game and no call...just brutal...

These calls led to 3 KC points and 2 punts for the Bills...

Combine this with boneheaded fumbles by Brown running into the endzone and McKelvin on the punt return, along with Orton missing wide open receivers much of the game and its too much to overcome...we are not good enough to have to beat the other team and the refs

Once the Bills start winning consistently, the "phantom" calls will stop.

Well, they will not actually stop, you just won't care, especially during a win.

Agree with this. I mean come people it was not obvious he twitched. If its even debatable don't call it. Whats next he blinked!When was the lost time you saw the same play happen and they called it on the offense-NEVER!

Agree with this. I mean come people it was not obvious he twitched. If its even debatable don't call it. Whats next he blinked!When was the lost time you saw the same play happen and they called it on the offense-NEVER!

It's not debatable whether or not he twitched. Anyone with 2 guys could see it on the replay. What's debatable is how the hell the refs saw such a small twitch.

Makes plays and refs do not matter, I would say the late hit out of bounds on Hogan was the worst no call of the day.The second defender has his whole body out of bounds and continues to attack Hogan.

If a Bill hits anyone that far out of bounds, it is automatic. I am a bit surprised the players on the sideline did not make a bigger stink about it.

If the point of the O-lineman is to draw the D offside on a 4th and very short, it's always going to be called.

It's not debatable whether or not he twitched. Anyone with 2 guys could see it on the replay. What's debatable is how the hell the refs saw such a small twitch.

Well, they called it on the correct player, who twitched, so what are you debating? They never saw the twitch, just guessed someone might have twitched and got lucky because that player actually moved?

That's sort of...crazy.

While I don't like to blame officials, and I will not blame them for the loss, I don't know how anyone can say the PI on Chandler was a good call. He barely touched the defender as he made his cut. If that's offensive PI the vast majority of passing plays in football are offensive PI.

I thought the roughing call on Williams was ridiculous but I've seen worse when it comes to roughing the passer. And Henderson definitely flinched ever so slightly on that false start.

Edited by Talley56

Well, they called it on the correct player, who twitched, so what are you debating? They never saw the twitch, just guessed someone might have twitched and got lucky because that player actually moved?

That's sort of...crazy.

I can't tell if you're being intentionally obtuse, but all I was saying is that it's surprising the refs saw that twitch in real time.

While I don't like to blame officials, and I will not blame them for the loss, I don't know how anyone can say the PI on Chandler was a good call. He barely touched the defender as he made his cut. If that's offensive PI the vast majority of passing plays in football are offensive PI.

I thought the roughing call on Williams was ridiculous but I've seen worse when it comes to roughing the passer. And Henderson definitely flinched ever so slightly on that false start.

Go check out the PI on Jimmy Graham that robbed the Saints of a game winning Hail Mary. Defender took a Stanislavski (as old Johhny Most used to say) and the ref bit.

I can't tell if you're being intentionally obtuse, but all I was saying is that it's surprising the refs saw that twitch in real time.

Obtuse? Hardly.

They obviously saw it, so you can't claim it's "debatable" how they did.....

Edited by Mr. WEO