My 10 cents on the game.....

BmarvB

Here we go.....

1) Offense left too many points on the field!

2) Fumble by Brown was huge, costly, and a turning point in a game the Bills should have won.

3) McKelvin's fumble was fatal

4) They let the Chiefs hang around way too long. Killer instinct still missing.

5) Orton was off today.

6) When the running game finally started coming off life support, they pulled the plug on it.

7) Another good defensive performance wasted. Our front 4 are monsters.

8) Red zone offense su*ked and swallowed.

9) I actually thought that was Andy Reid in the stands for a moment ... lol

10) I still like our chances against Miami on Thursday.

Here we go.....

1) Offense left too many points on the field!

2) Fumble by Brown was huge, costly, and a turning point in a game the Bills should have won.

3) McKelvin's fumble was fatal

4) They let the Chiefs hang around way too long. Killer instinct still missing.

5) Orton was off today.

6) When the running game finally started coming off life support, they pulled the plug on it.

7) Another good defensive performance wasted. Our front 4 are monsters.

8) Red zone offense su*ked and swallowed.

9) I actually thought that was Andy Reid in the stands for a moment ... lol

10) I still like our chances against Miami on Thursday.

I did too, I thought what is going on? Some promotion or something.

A lot of your points come down to the killer instinct thing. They got 7 on a crucial turnover, we got 3. Orton had plenty of chances to put the dagger in and did not.

Frankly, he had a really good first half. Several drops from the receivers there. But in the second half he got shaky all of a sudden. We only allowed 1 sack - they were definitely getting pressure - but it seemed like Orton had some time and didn't make the right reads. I remember a wide open Hogan on a 3rd and long.

Agree with all ten points...well done!

^ Was it another stat like 3rd down efficiency, or was it Red Zone where they said they were ranked 29th? I assume that both have to be hovering around the same general area.

Edited by Sabesfan71

A lot of your points come down to the killer instinct thing. They got 7 on a crucial turnover, we got 3. Orton had plenty of chances to put the dagger in and did not.

Frankly, he had a really good first half. Several drops from the receivers there. But in the second half he got shaky all of a sudden. We only allowed 1 sack - they were definitely getting pressure - but it seemed like Orton had some time and didn't make the right reads. I remember a wide open Hogan on a 3rd and long.

He had Watkins running wide open underneath on a 2nd down throw on the 1st and 10 from the 15 series after Mckelvin returned the punt to the 25...throws to Hogan in the endzone and almost got it picked...

Then he misfired to a wide open Watkins on 4th and 10 as the DB is falling down but Orton throws it so bad the falling DB almost picks it off

He had already looked away before Hogan got so wide open.

He did suffer several drops but he also missed Chandler in the endzone, woods in the endzone, and Hogan in the endzone late. They were not easy passes but he needs to make at least one of those. The last one to Sammy there had to be some miscommunication. But Orton had his chances and didn't capitalize with TDs.

Would have been nice to have Mike Williams in the red zone to do what he does best. It's just stupid. Along with Lee Smith and Chris Gragg. And even Frank Summers for the most part. It's just stupid.

He had Watkins running wide open underneath on a 2nd down throw on the 1st and 10 from the 15 series after Mckelvin returned the punt to the 25...throws to Hogan in the endzone and almost got it picked...

Then he misfired to a wide open Watkins on 4th and 10 as the DB is falling down but Orton throws it so bad the falling DB almost picks it off

I think there must have been some miscommunication on that one. Either Orton or Sammy blew it. I don't think it was that far off although it's possible. I think he expected Sammy to be at the one. Sammy beat the guy so bad off the ball he just ran to the endzone.

Correction. The front 8 is a beast. You know it is true when you watch them play and realize after play that Mario Marcell Kyle and Jerry are standing on the sidelines. Manny Stefan Corbin and Jarius have been doing a hell of a job spelling our sack masters

Correction. The front 8 is a beast. You know it is true when you watch them play and realize after play that Mario Marcell Kyle and Jerry are standing on the sidelines. Manny Stefan Corbin and Jarius have been doing a hell of a job spelling our sack masters

Manny Lawson was directly responsible for both TDs today. Otherwise, yes.

It's just sad to see such a good defense being over-shadowed by an offense that can't score td's in the red zone.

As much as I want this team to succeed, there is no way they can until they fix this horrendous offense and learn how to put teams away when they have them down. And as much as I like Orton's leadership skills, he is certainly not the answer at QB and (unfortunately) not sure EJ is either.

Yeah, you're right. Line never had depth like this before. Just imagine if we had the same on the O-line

Manny Lawson was directly responsible for both TDs today. Otherwise, yes.

Really? A misdirection play to the midst dynamic rb in the league? And if we are gonna get ticky tack that was on Bradham he like EVERYONE ELSE crashed left NO DE is gonna stop Jamaal Charles. He could have contained better but it was NOT squarely on Lawson. In addition he put adequate pressure on Smith when necessary.

I think there must have been some miscommunication on that one. Either Orton or Sammy blew it. I don't think it was that far off although it's possible. I think he expected Sammy to be at the one. Sammy beat the guy so bad off the ball he just ran to the endzone.

If you get a chance to see a replay, watch for the corner to change his leverage just before the snap. He waited til Orton had taken his last look and then changed it as soon as the QB's eyes went back to the Center for the last time. Watkins adjusted his route accordingly, but Orton never picked it up.

Head games like that are one of the very few weapons that corners have at their disposal, and that guy played it perfectly.

If you get a chance to see a replay, watch for the corner to change his leverage just before the snap. He waited til Orton had taken his last look and then changed it as soon as the QB's eyes went back to the Center for the last time. Watkins adjusted his route accordingly, but Orton never picked it up.

Head games like that are one of the very few weapons that corners have at their disposal, and that guy played it perfectly.

Was it #38? because that guy had one hell of a game today.