When did you know the Bills might lose today?

covac23

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, I knew we might lose when we had 2nd and 2 on their 3 yard line and we threw 2 incompletions in a row and opted for the FG. I had a bad feeling from there on out.

When they converted that 3rd down with 2-something to go.

If the question is when the Bills might lose I thought it was possible before the game even started. I like what the Bills have done this year for the most part but KC is a good team.

we had these clowns beat but fumbles, fitzorton and late game playcalling all converged.

I didn't want to start a whole thread on this, but did anyone else see Gilmore not even try to catch up to Charles on that 41 yard TD run even though he was the physically fastest guy in pursuit? He basically just jogged toward Charles even though the Charles hadn't even hit the 10 yard line yet.

Could he have caught him? I don't know. But it certainly wasn't a case of "No point in trying because he's too far away." I was pretty disappointed in that play.

When Brown fumbled.

That was when I remembered The Curse.

Yup. Once you see one of those classic Bills game-changing cluster!@#$s, you can pretty much predict how the rest of the game will go and which end of the score they'll end up on.

The Brown fumble gave me chills. It was 10-3, the exact same score as the KC game last year. It was the first drive of the 3rd quarter, again, same scenario as last year. A long march down the field and we were about to demoralize them by going up by 2 TDs. As soon as that ball went out of the back of the endzone, the Jeff Tuel flashbacks started. The momentum started to shift. Leodis then put the exclamation point on the day.

Same. It could've been mitigated if we got a TD on the next possession, but Brown couldn't break a weak tackle on 1st down. I know every announcer likes to talk about "two possession game" and all that but 14 is miles better than 10; it's a bigger difference than 7 and 10 contrary to popular belief.

When they converted that 3rd down with 2-something to go.

we had these clowns beat but fumbles, fitzorton and late game playcalling all converged.

The McLovin fumble was when my hopes dwindled, but I agree that the pass that saved them on 3rd down near the end was the final nail in the coffin.

I disagree with the name Fitzorton. Fitzorton would have thrown an interception when the game was possibly still winnable. This was regular Orton. And I don't think he was that bad. He threw the ball away a few times to avoid a sack, which was a good thing IMHO. He had some passes dropped by #14, #10, #38 and #84, to name a few. Some of those were pretty good passes that should not have been dropped.

The McLovin fumble was when my hopes dwindled, but I agree that the pass that saved them on 3rd down near the end was the final nail in the coffin.

I disagree with the name Fitzorton. Fitzorton would have thrown an interception when the game was possibly still winnable. This was regular Orton. And I don't think he was that bad. He threw the ball away a few times to avoid a sack, which was a good thing IMHO. He had some passes dropped by #14, #10, #38 and #84, to name a few. Some of those were pretty good passes that should not have been dropped.

He didn't play to his regular level hence the name, although if the KC player didn't drop the ball on 4rth and ten then it would have been an int.

About half way through when we were up and still throwing the ball all over the place when we were running the ball with success. I swear Hackett is stupid. He does this every week. Hmm the jets have one of the best run defenses and horrible corners let's run all day. Wait what the cheifs have the best pass defense and a horrible run d. Let's pass all game.

For me it was on 4th down and 10 from the KC 15 yard line with 2:31 left in the game. Marrone goes for it on 4th down when the team hasn't been able to score much in the redzone almost all year.

The FG would have made it a one point game, and a FG from the 40 yard line could have won it. Carpenter has kicked a 58 yarder this year.

I mean the defense played so brilliantly all game in sacking Smith 6x, and holding that vaunted Chief run game / offense in check to the tune of only 250 yards all game.

Trust in the defense, and kicking game, or even an onside kick if you don't. The Bills did get the ball again.

I can't pinpoint the exact moment, but I had a bad feeling all day when they were making mistakes and not putting points on the board. The Brown fumble, the McKelvin fumble, the FG's instead of TD's. None of those things bode well and I had a feeling all day that it was just a matter of time. I was hoping they would prove me wrong.