Foles: GM "Soured" On QB Before Injury

BigBuff423

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is speculation that the Browns are open to offers for Manziel. I wonder if the Eagles are thinking about it. Kelly recruited JFF heavily in high school; in fact, he signed with U of O then backed out to go to A&M. He would seem to be well-suited to run Kelly's system.

listening to Ray Farmer's (awkward) press conf yesterday, it seemed pretty clear manziel was the future and they are preparing to move fwd without Hoyer. The media got the same impression.

listening to Ray Farmer's (awkward) press conf yesterday, it seemed pretty clear manziel was the future and they are preparing to move fwd without Hoyer. The media got the same impression.

Yep and frankly, the timing was weird. The guy has to come out and try to win a game for you tomorrow.

I feel like the Browns and Bills are in similar situations. Mediocre/bad teams for the last decade, who are off to a good start this year with veteran qbs but also have young talent at the position. It looks like both teams are gonna try and make a playoff run and then work on developing the young qbs later.

The TEAM was pretty good. http://www.nfl.com/p...z/79858/profile EJ sucks to some Bills fans and he had 6 tds and 3 ints. Sanchez went to a title game completing 53% of his pass with 12 tds and 20 ints.

I think Sanchez will do well. But it's why it's dumb to make rash decisions on young QBs and why coaching matters so much. Put your players in good situations and not try to force them into "your system."

If you think about it (I know some will disagree) signing Kyle Orton might be the best thing that could have happened for EJ Manuel

- Orton isnt the long term solution (by long term I mean.....probably no more the 3 years)

- EJ Manuel was a project........he is in a rookie QB contract........they sat him but didnt bring in another QB so he is the backup

The bills might NOT elect to go after another QB and cut ties with EJ Manuel....they might decide to given Orton an extension....let EJ hold the clipboard....then maybe down the line EJ gets another chance

yep - and it's why Bradford got a ton of time. That guaranteed money.

Correct. Bradford has also played better than the guys listed earlier (Sanchez, Gabbert, Locker etc) on the odd occasion he has stayed healthy. But if the big contract wasn't there I think every chance that Fisher would have moved on when he arrived in St Louis.

There is speculation that the Browns are open to offers for Manziel. I wonder if the Eagles are thinking about it. Kelly recruited JFF heavily in high school; in fact, he signed with U of O then backed out to go to A&M. He would seem to be well-suited to run Kelly's system.

If they are open to offers it means Manziel is worse than they thought. Because Hoyer is hardly lighting up the league right now

And Sanchez was awful before. Chip Kelly is a beast. I completely underrated him.

> Chip Kelly is a beast.

You speak the truth. I really wanted him as the Bills' head coach, and was very disappointed when we chose Marrone instead. :(

If Foles can't succeed with Kelly as his coach, he's very unlikely to succeed under Hackett's tutelage.

However, Manuel's supporters should not take heart from that. Manuel cannot throw the ball accurately or read the field well. As brilliant a coach as Kelly is, he isn't an alchemist. He's not going to take a quarterback with weaknesses like those and make him look like Joe Montana.

According to the Newark Star-Ledger, the Eagles GM "soured" on Nick Foles prior to his injury and said, "The organization isn't sold that he's the guy going forward. Let's just say the way things were going, he wasn't going to get a contract extension that's for sure". The report went on to say that next year Foles will be entering his final season in his Rookie contract from 2012.

This is *NOT*, and I repeat *NOT*, intended to be a hijacked thread about how "EJ sucks", but rather an evaluation of improving a very important position, regardless of who mans the QB position unless it were someone of Luck, Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Manning ilk. Would you be opposed or for the acquisition of Foles, assuming the report on the GM's "soured" take is true? If the Eagles were willing to trade Foles, what Draft pick and / or player would you give? If he was strictly a FA because of being cut after the season, would want to sign him and how much money would you be prepared to extend to him?

Personally, assuming the Eagles didn't require more than a 4th round selection, I would certainly trade for him regardless. If he was a FA, I would be prepared to give him good to decent money, in the $10-12 million per year range for 4 to 5 years. To me, Foles is a very good QB that could be fantastic and it would certainly answer the QB position for quite some time.

Please understand, I'm not suggesting the Eagles will trade him or that they will cut him, or that if they did trade him they would accept compensation in the form of a 4th Round pick. The point of this post, is that according to some real reporting, the Eagles GM may have already moved on from Foles and I send it out into the TBD cyber-sphere to discuss if he is a QB us fans would like to see in a BILLS uniform, and if so what price or compensation would you be willing to give in order to obtain his services at Quarterback.....

if the their GM doesn't like him that much then pick him up when he is a FA.

Does anyone remember the TSW infatuation with Kirk Cousins? :rolleyes:

Report: Eagles had soured on Foles before his injury

the best thing that can happen for some of these highly touted backup QB's is that they get a big FA contract from someone based on one or two appearances, before they get real playing time and are exposed for what they really are. Back-up QB's.

the best thing that can happen for some of these highly touted backup QB's is that they get a big FA contract from someone based on one or two appearances, before they get real playing time and are exposed for what they really are. Back-up QB's.

That's exactly how it played out when RJ got his big contract from the Bills. :sick: