Sanchez Starting QB for the Eagles with Foles Out 6-8 Weeks

As a proud Shady McCoy fantasy owner, I have a lot of complaints about Chip Kelly's offense. I'm not sure they're good football complaints, but from a fantasy perspective they're dynamite!

I own him too. But that's mainly because the oline was hurt. They are getting healthier and he rushed for 100 against a good Texans team. He will be fine and it's a great offense.

It's why the blaming of Spiller the run game issues are so stupid. It's going to suck watching him on a team like the Eagles or Saints. :(

EJ's career would be in better shape if the Eagles drafted him. Kelly gets the most out of his players and make them fit into his system.

But at least we have Nate Hackett.

Cool, I was wondering when this would turn into an EJ/Hackett bashing thread.

Is he really though? Those Jets teams Danchez played on were loaded at the beginning. Great defense, good receivers & rbs, and maybe the best oline in football.

I think geno is kinda of a dummy but they are fairly close as players.

I think Sanchez if not asked to do too much and given a system in which to operate can be an effective passer. He was his first 2 years in New York and he made some big throws at key times in those play-off runs. When they gave him the extension and didn't renew some of the talent on offense and gave him more to do he failed to do it. He isn't a guy who can lead an offense but he can operate within an offense.

I don't think Geno can. They have tried everything, limit the playbook, throw the playbook open, give him more quick hitter type plays, given him more short throws, more long throws.... they have tried everything to make him look serviceable. The facts are he makes poor decisions more than almost any other Quarterback you will see and then goes and sulks about it and abuses fans. Sanchez is probably in the right spot as one of the better backups in the league. Geno won't even make that long term I don't think.

Yeah. The Fire-Rex movement could gain some currency if Sanchez plays well. Especially given the frustration with Geno and Vick.

I think the "Fire Rex" movement left the station long ago and has been picking up steam with each passing week. I think it is a forgone conclusion now unless they basically win out. On the Sanchez note? I think Chip Kelly could plug pretty much any 1st or 2nd string QB around the NFL and have a level of success. His system, for now, is one of the best in the NFL to run. He's very creative with the playbook and it leaves the QB with plenty of options. It also helps when you have LeSean McCoy and Darren Sproles as your RB's.

Sanchez has a pretty good arm and is fairly accurate. His problem, from day one, is that he's extremely careless with the ball. He fumbles easier than any starting QB I have watched in a long, long time. He throws terrible interceptions under pressure. That is why I was never all that worried about him as being a stud QB for the Jets. Like Geno, he's capable of having singular games where he looks really good. Chip Kelly, outside of on tape, has never seen this guy play before when his problems will emerge.

If Kelly can get Sanchez to not be so careless with the ball, he will be pretty good on the Eagles. Kelly wasn't able to do that with Foles this year so I have my doubts. Sanchez's problem is when he gets hit in the regular season games he fumbles and he throws terrible untimely INTs. I'm sure in practice and in preseason he looks great.

During the Bills/Jets game they mentioned the previous time the Jets threw 6 ints that had to be the Bills game that went to OT.

IIRC, the Bills only scored 16 that day. This place must have been a wreck!

Sanchez has a pretty good arm and is fairly accurate. His problem, from day one, is that he's extremely careless with the ball. He fumbles easier than any starting QB I have watched in a long, long time. He throws terrible interceptions under pressure. That is why I was never all that worried about him as being a stud QB for the Jets. Like Geno, he's capable of having singular games where he looks really good. Chip Kelly, outside of on tape, has never seen this guy play before when his problems will emerge.

If Kelly can get Sanchez to not be so careless with the ball, he will be pretty good on the Eagles. Kelly wasn't able to do that with Foles this year so I have my doubts. Sanchez's problem is when he gets hit in the regular season games he fumbles and he throws terrible untimely INTs. I'm sure in practice and in preseason he looks great.

Sanchez can make throws, but once the Jets lost their ground and pound offense and the good WRs left, Sanchez had no hope of elevating a mediocre offense on his own. But since Philly has those pieces in place, I expect Sanchez will be decent.

As a proud Shady McCoy fantasy owner, I have a lot of complaints about Chip Kelly's offense. I'm not sure they're good football complaints, but from a fantasy perspective they're dynamite!

Me too man...I picked McCoy, with the #1 overall pick. He hasn't been awful, but he hasn't been great either. Of course, I also picked Jeremy Maclin, who has been kicking ass. I wonder how Sanchez being in there will affect the two of them, production wise.

Sanchez can make throws, but once the Jets lost their ground and pound offense and the good WRs left, Sanchez had no hope of elevating a mediocre offense on his own. But since Philly has those pieces in place, I expect Sanchez will be decent.

That is kind of what I think... except I'd say servicable rather than decent.