What show to start?

The Underdog

I've been out of commission the past couple days with pneumonia, so I have been re-watching The Pacific on HBO OnDemand. WW-II mini-series produced by Spielberg and Tom Hanks about the marines' battles in the pacific. Brilliant, gripping stuff. Highly recommended for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Actually isn't peaky blinders a BBC offering that Netflix carries?

Yes, I believe it is.

I've been out of commission the past couple days with pneumonia, so I have been re-watching The Pacific on HBO OnDemand. WW-II mini-series produced by Spielberg and Tom Hanks about the marines' battles in the pacific. Brilliant, gripping stuff. Highly recommended for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Yes, I believe it is.

I enjoyed The Pacific, but it was impossible to live up to Band of Brothers standards. The credits scene of The Pacific always gave me goosebumps.

I'm not sure how they make the distinction for what they label at the top of their shows "Netflix" or not. Perhaps it's because they bought some kind of exclusive rights. The Weinstein Company and Endemol (another big distributor) actually had the rights to this side of the pond and sold some part of them to Netflix.

Just started in on Peaky Blinders. Man, that is one helluva show and I'm not easily impressed. Really fine work all around. Tommy is tremendous.

Peaky Blinders is kind of like Game of Thrones. You tell your friends that haven't seen it to start watching. And when they do, they're like "How was I NOT watching this before?!""

• 4 weeks later...

Bump!!! I'm about to start the Luke Cage series, has anyone watched it all yet?

Yeah. It was good, and I've been a big fan of the marvel stuff Netflix has done. But I put seasons 1&2 of daredevil and Jessica Jones ahead of it.

I was massively disappointed in the fight scenes in the first few episodes. The building clearing fight scene in all the trailers was very.. meh..imo.

I thought there were too many storylines in the season. Luke Cage, the cop, cottonmouth, diamondback, black Moriah, pops, shades.

But although it had some issues in my opinion, I still liked it. And it's definitely worth watching.

Bump!!! I'm about to start the Luke Cage series, has anyone watched it all yet?

I watched the first couple episodes. It's good so far. Daredevil and Jessica Jones are still ahead for me but we'll see how I feel at the end of the series.

Yeah. It was good, and I've been a big fan of the marvel stuff Netflix has done. But I put seasons 1&2 of daredevil and Jessica Jones ahead of it.

I was massively disappointed in the fight scenes in the first few episodes. The building clearing fight scene in all the trailers was very.. meh..imo.

I thought there were too many storylines in the season. Luke Cage, the cop, cottonmouth, diamondback, black Moriah, pops, shades.

But although it had some issues in my opinion, I still liked it. And it's definitely worth watching.

Pretty much agree with all this haha.

Has anyone checked out HBO's new series Westworld? I watched the pilot and it seems pretty cool. Second episode recorded last night. It has a pretty interesting concept.

I'm loving that show. It just sucks that we have to wait for the whole season to come out. I want to binge watch the whole thing.

High Maintainance on HBO Friday nights is interesting thus far. The storyline follows a guy who rides around on his bike in NYC selling weed to people. It's much more complex that that, however, as the story seems to focus more on people or groups of people who cross his path.

I think episode 4 is this coming Friday.

I'm loving that show. It just sucks that we have to wait for the whole season to come out. I want to binge watch the whole thing.

I agree! That's the only thing I hate about finding a new show that I like in it's 1st season. That's definitely one that sucks waiting a week to watch. But I love the show too. Very new and interesting concept.

High Maintainance on HBO Friday nights is interesting thus far. The storyline follows a guy who rides around on his bike in NYC selling weed to people. It's much more complex that that, however, as the story seems to focus more on people or groups of people who cross his path.

I think episode 4 is this coming Friday.

HBO just prints gold. I'm halfway through the night of and am loving it

Vice principals and Ballers finished strong. I'll check out high maintenance when finished with the night of.

I spend slot of time at night working on my computer doing house plans so I usually try to have something playing on my second screen while working. I have watched all seasons of 'it's always sunny...' as my go to, but otherwise I like to watch things that don't involve all my attention which is why I haven't watched breaking bad while working. Netflix is my usual go to for series, although I also like the standup specials. I have watched the full season of

Episodes

Master of none

Love (agree that it wasn't great)

Flaked (haven't watched the full season yet)

Trailer park boys is good (watched the series while it was first on showcase)

Entourage

Archer

Gotham (just finished season 2 and I am really into it)

Dexter is a great series

There's way more I'm probably forgetting.

I would like to watch the full series of the Sopranos, and would like to start sons of anarchy soon too

Edited by apuszczalowski

I spend slot of time at night working on my computer doing house plans so I usually try to have something playing on my second screen while working. I have watched all seasons of 'it's always sunny...' as my go to, but otherwise I like to watch things that don't involve all my attention which is why I haven't watched breaking bad while working. Netflix is my usual go to for series, although I also like the standup specials. I have watched the full season of

Episodes

Master of none

Love (agree that it wasn't great)

Flaked (haven't watched the full season yet)

Trailer park boys is good (watched the series while it was first on showcase)

Entourage

Archer

Gotham (just finished season 2 and I am really into it)

Dexter is a great series

There's way more I'm probably forgetting.

I would like to watch the full series of the Sopranos, and would like to start sons of anarchy soon too

Dexter has a good run then turns into dog doo.

I didn't find it bad at all, I liked the entire series even if the ending wasn't the greatest. It seems like all these big hit shows have let down finales which I think has a little to do with expectations being way to high

Agree to disagree at least on this show.

I found myself bored with the last 2 seasons especially the last.

Deb can get bent. Needed more Masuka.