Week 10: Chiefs' Game Preparation - Fred & Sammy Both Active

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on the comments in this thread, some people devalue divisional wins? That defies any and all logic. To be honest, based on theBills remaining schedule and that of the teams they need to overtake in the race to the playoffs, they need to sweep November. Once December hits, a world of top5 teams awaits. Winning one vs DEN, GB on NE will be fortunate and not expected.

Record of teams on upcoming schedule:

KC (5-3)

MIA (5-3)

NYJ (1-8)

CLE (5-3)

DEN (6-2)

GB (5-3)

OAK (0-8)

NE (7-2)

:sick:

In the remaining games, the Bills will likely be the favorites against the NYJ, CLE, and OAK. A minimum of 5 wins are needed to get to the playoffs. One week at a time, but they gotta have this KC game!

@buffalobills

Bye week in the books. The #Bills are reloaded and back to work!

B1iH8VWIYAEosVF.jpg

@ChrisBrownBills

The benefits of a bye week being felt by #Bills w/Powell & Goodwin back practicing today (Monday).

@ChrisBrownBills

Mike Williams and Cyril Richardson excused for personal reasons. Marcell Dareus had a problem with his flight back to Buffalo. #Bills

Fred Jackson getting loose to work on the side with athletic trainers and strength coaches. #Bills

B1iJj2tIYAA-cVl.jpg

@mikerodak

Bills have an open spot on their 53-man roster, but no sign of any new players out here at practice today.

@buffalobills

Bye week in the books. The #Bills are reloaded and back to work!

B1iH8VWIYAEosVF.jpg

@ChrisBrownBills

The benefits of a bye week being felt by #Bills w/Powell & Goodwin back practicing today (Monday).

@ChrisBrownBills

@mikerodak

Bills have an open spot on their 53-man roster, but no sign of any new players out here at practice today.

Speculation time!!

@mikerodak

Big news, I'm filling that spot on the roster. I just got off the phone with Whaley and agreed to terms. I'm not going to play, I'm far too old and slow for that. But I will be put in charge of ridiculing Pears every day in practice until he either assaults me (and thus gets suspended from the NFL) or hulks-out and finally starts earning his paycheck.

I kinda' don't like these games out of a bye week. Always feels like the team that played last week is Game ready and in their routine. The bye week team is slowly getting ramped up throughout the week from down time. Just has a bad feel. Turnover differential is a concern.

Strongly disagree. Divisional opponent who is also 5-3 is at least as important, if not more so. NE* is taking the AFCE, that is pretty much a given at this point. Which means the Bills need to finish ahead of the fish.

Couldn't agree more. I said after the Bills lost to NE & sat at 3-3 that if they want to make the playoffs they need to win their next 6 games. Well they are 2-0 right now in that stretch. Win there next 4 & they will have the tie breakers for the wild card over any team they need to worry about except possibly San Diego. Win these next 4 & 10-6 will get you a spot into the dance.

Speculation time!!

incognito?

Big news, I'm filling that spot on the roster. I just got off the phone with Whaley and agreed to terms. I'm not going to play, I'm far too old and slow for that. But I will be put in charge of ridiculing Pears every day in practice until he either assaults me (and thus gets suspended from the NFL) or hulks-out and finally starts earning his paycheck.

:lol: :lol:

@ChrisBrownBills

Marcell Dareus made it in time for the latter portions of practice today. #Bills - had flight trouble getting back.

@buffalobills

Doug Marrone: "Our goal this week is very simple: Go out and beat a very good @KCChiefs team. That's it." #Focus

@CJSPILLER on his shoulder: "Right now everything is looking good, feeling good. Rehab is going well."

B1ihNXaCIAIM73-.jpg

@Boobie24Dixon on the #Bills final 8 games, being poised for a mid-season run: "It's about to be fun!" #ItsBoobieD

B1ihvRpCUAICwpy.jpg

The formula is there for the Bills to return to the playoffs. Win their remaining four home games (KC, Cleve, Jets, GB) and continue to play the solid road football they've been playing in the hopes they can get a win at Miami to go along with what "should" be a win at Oakland. I'll go ahead and chalk up the loss at Denver. Even if they lose to Miami, they'll be set up at 10-5 going into Foxboro with either a wild card or the division on the line. That's all we can ask for -- a shot on the final weekend.

I agree with above. The Bills have faced two big AFC tests at home (SD & NE) and failed miserably. If the Bills wants to be taken seriously they have to do what NE, Miami, PItt did yesterday. Just come out and defend their homefield and lay the wood to KC. The NFL is such an up and down league,,,the Chiefs have won a few in a row. I'm not saying they are ripe to be beaten, but they should not come into RWS and push the Bills around. My big fear is the 2 week layoff often seems to leave the team listless in the beginning. The Bills can't come out and allow the Chiefs to dink and dunk their way down the field and ball control us to death.

This is a HUGE game. I think if they lose to KC, the playoffs realistically go down the tubes.

The Jets failed miserably. The Pats "failed miserably" against the Chiefs. The Bills lost those games. It happens.