'Cuse Hoops 2014-15 - New York's College Team!!!

The Poojer

7 simple letters that changed my life for the better D-I-V-O-R-C-E, gonna be up in Liverpool this weekend, my parents told me i could have their tickets, seemingly one section over from you. I am not sure if I am gonna go or let me kids have the tix and me watch them in a bar.

my screen name is from my Bills season tickets. I sit in 310 for SU seasons. We sold the tickets for this game, because we got 150 each which gave us 300 towards the 1016 our 2 tickets cost for the year, and well because I have the seasons with my sister and my wife would have been pissed if I spent v day at a cuse game. I floated watching the game and got a similar response to JR lol.

Not even going to ask. Tivoing it, and will watch it much later.

By the way, I made the mistake of telling my wife about the post-season ban. Now, she's like, "why are we even watching this? what's the point? they aren't going to even make it to march madness."

How do you even respond to that?

Yup me too. I even had to explain exactly what that meant and stupidly used the phrase that "it basically means that this season doesn't count for anything." She probably would have been slightly agreeable if it wasn't at 6. 8 would have been okay as the 3 month old would have kept her occupied. 4 o'clock would have worked as it would have been the middle of the day, who cares. 6 is the absolute worst though.

I cut the cord last year too. I only have regular cable as they never shut me off and internet so dvr/tivo is out for me. I'm thinking I will miss most of this game and will be lucky to catch the second half. What the f*ck happened to me? :bag:

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meanwhile UNC goes untouched still

I doubt you've followed the story closely, but the football program was already punished and served out its sentence (1-yr ban, multiple years of scholarship reductions), and there has been no evidence linking the basketball program to the academic fraud. Almost as many non-athletes as athletes benefited from the sham Afro-Am department classes. In short: it's an academics issue, not an athletics issue -- which is embarrassing enough to us alumni.

Don't bet any $$ you care about that the basketball program will be sanctioned.

Nice-- way to rub it in.

Haha. My old lady can't cook worth a schitt, and she can be a real pain in my ass, but she LOVES Cuse basketball and Bills football. Good trade off, IMO.

Seriously. lol

I loved being single and had come to enjoy the idea of being a bachelor forever. I had a list of things that a girl would have to do/be for me to give up the bachelor lifestyle. Loving sports was on my list. Somehow I ended up marrying a girl who within the first year asked me why I didn't just start rooting for a football team that won once in a while. A girl who, while watching a Laker game with me (hey I do root for some good teams - these last couple of years aside) commented on Lamar Odom being married to a Kardashian and loving the fact that all of the celebrities were there. Doesn't care for football (understands Sundays are mine though, and Thursday/Monday nights and doesn't give me a hassle) and doesn't like going to Cuse games (hates walking up the hill in the cold).

She does like a sport though so I didn't completely go against my idea. She loves her some UFC lol.

Great beat down of BC. I seriously can't believe BJ made a 3, let alone four of them. Loved seeing Joseph get the ball to the rim too and minimize TOs.

Good defensive scheme by BC on Rak. But the refs really set the tone early by permitting him to get mugged down low. The amount of contact they let go on him is one-sided and a joke. I have a feeling the refs won't let that happen when it is a fair fight (Rak vs. okafor).

Gosh, what a heart breaker. Guys absolutely played their guts out. Officiating was terrible, but not the reason they lost the game. Horrendous shooting in the second half, and poor foul shooting too. You could tell the guys were really sucking wind toward the end. Once again, Kaleb Joseph shrivels up like testicles in ice water in a big game. Duke is a very, very good team.

FYI...I will have some juicy tid bits re: the NCAA investigation within the next few days. Stay tuned.

Gosh, what a heart breaker. Guys absolutely played their guts out. Officiating was terrible, but not the reason they lost the game. Horrendous shooting in the second half, and poor foul shooting too. You could tell the guys were really sucking wind toward the end. Once again, Kaleb Joseph shrivels up like testicles in ice water in a big game. Duke is a very, very good team.

FYI...I will have some juicy tid bits re: the NCAA investigation within the next few days. Stay tuned.

Agree completely. Lot of positives. Roberson played the game of his life; totally outplayed the Duke forwards inside.

Just one of those nights for Christmas; kept rimming out those chip shots. And then getting no calls. The refs were like junior high level. Very frustrating.

I really hope silent G stays next year. Guy has blossomed into a premier scorer.

Come on, don't leave us hanging. Hints? Good news? Bad news?

Come on, don't leave us hanging. Hints? Good news? Bad news?

I probably shouldn't have posted anything (was drunk) because I don't know anything yet. Let's just say I know someone who is privy to this type of information, and usually gives me the goods before it hits the press. I have posted things on here before they have gone public (i.e., recruit commitments).

Well, my friend texted me yesterday before the game and said "I got some good stuff for you about the NCAA investigation. I'll fill you in on Wednesday when I see you." I texted them back pleading with them to tell me, but I haven't heard back yet. I may not have heard back yet because they have been busy with the game/team.

I realize I might sound like a d-bag, especially with all the people around here claiming to have "sources" about this and that (some legit and some bs). When I hear back, however, I will post what I can. This person has been pretty spot on so far.

Not a d-bag at all. Message boards are designed for rank speculation and unnamed sources. I never understood why people get so angry at people posting speculative info. We can decide to believe it or not. You always have good info.

I had a source close to Chris kelsay. I remember posting how he was signing an extension a few days before it was announced, and I was attacked as a fraud for 2 days and then was apologized to for 2 days after the news broke. People need to unlax.

Yeah, I remember last spring posting that Ennis was leaving and Grant was staying. That was because, at the time, the coaches fully expected Jerami was coming back and then changed his mind. When it came out that Grant was leaving I thought I was going to get lamb basted on here, but I did not. I've been reluctant to post things ever since for some reason.

FWIW...this person told me before that folks from the NCAA were really pissed off about the self-imposed postseason ban. I am expecting bad news, but I am not sure.

you've been pretty spot on with your insights into the su hoops program....i look forward to hearing the news

F5

I probably shouldn't have posted anything (was drunk) because I don't know anything yet. Let's just say I know someone who is privy to this type of information, and usually gives me the goods before it hits the press. I have posted things on here before they have gone public (i.e., recruit commitments).

Well, my friend texted me yesterday before the game and said "I got some good stuff for you about the NCAA investigation. I'll fill you in on Wednesday when I see you." I texted them back pleading with them to tell me, but I haven't heard back yet. I may not have heard back yet because they have been busy with the game/team.

I realize I might sound like a d-bag, especially with all the people around here claiming to have "sources" about this and that (some legit and some bs). When I hear back, however, I will post what I can. This person has been pretty spot on so far.

you've been pretty spot on with your insights into the su hoops program....i look forward to hearing the news

Still waiting to hear back, but found this little encouraging morsel. Apparently, JB called 2015 commits, Richardson and Diagne, and reassured them and their families that the post-season ban would only be for this season.

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/article/1913016373522110250/jim-boeheim-tells-syracuse-commit-malachi-ricardson-postseason-ban-will-last-one-season/

Again, I will report as soon as I hear something.

Still waiting to hear back, but found this little encouraging morsel. Apparently, JB called 2015 commits, Richardson and Diagne, and reassured them and their families that the post-season ban would only be for this season.http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/article/1913016373522110250/jim-boeheim-tells-syracuse-commit-malachi-ricardson-postseason-ban-will-last-one-season/

Again, I will report as soon as I hear something.

This is really reassuring. I have a feeling that a 1-year ban max was being negotiated with the ncaa. I doubt they would now impose more out of spite. I still would love to know the scope of the violations. I can't imagine it extends to recruiting issues. I am expecting it to be basically your typical booster/cash issue, pot, and petty academic stuff.

This is really reassuring. I have a feeling that a 1-year ban max was being negotiated with the ncaa. I doubt they would now impose more out of spite. I still would love to know the scope of the violations. I can't imagine it extends to recruiting issues. I am expecting it to be basically your typical booster/cash issue, pot, and petty academic stuff.

What I'm hearing (and I hate to stick my neck out too lol)

Fab and Southerland academics

The booster issue

repeated failed drug tests with no action taken by the university.

There may be more but those are the main things I heard and none of them are a surprise to any of us.

What I'm hearing (and I hate to stick my neck out too lol)

Fab and Southerland academics

The booster issue

repeated failed drug tests with no action taken by the university.

There may be more but those are the main things I heard and none of them are a surprise to any of us.

Thanks, man.

In my mind, the integrity of the program is much stronger when there are no recruiting issues. For example, the one Pittsburgh writer who called JB a "cheater" would be way off base. The closest thing to "cheating" might be the academic stuff-- and both those guys were suspended for long stretches and to the detriment of the team.

Okay, so I heard back from Otto the Orange. Actually nothing too incredibly groundbreaking, but some good info.

*disclamer* It any of this information proves to be inaccurate, I blame Poojer.

Basically affirmed what I posted a while back. The NCAA is not pleased with the self-imposed ban. While it is believed that there will be no additional years of post-season ban, it is generally felt that there will be a loss of scholarships in 2016 (not the incoming class).

Syracuse's 2015 class is unreal...probably top 5 in the country. If they land 5 star big fella, Thomas Bryant, they will be top 3. I'm sure I will have more recruiting stuff after I go out drinking with him on Wednesday (college reunion of sorts).

The most interesting information was regarding AD Daryl Gross. Don't be shocked if he is the university's sacrificial lamb here.

i think that is still a bit harsh, Gross shouldn't be let go for such 'minor' infractions. why punish them for 2016, 9 years after the fact....that is ridiculous.

Okay, so I heard back from Otto the Orange. Actually nothing too incredibly groundbreaking, but some good info.

*disclamer* It any of this information proves to be inaccurate, I blame Poojer.

Basically affirmed what I posted a while back. The NCAA is not pleased with the self-imposed ban. While it is believed that there will be no additional years of post-season ban, it is generally felt that there will be a loss of scholarships in 2016 (not the incoming class).

Syracuse's 2015 class is unreal...probably top 5 in the country. If they land 5 star big fella, Thomas Bryant, they will be top 3. I'm sure I will have more recruiting stuff after I go out drinking with him on Wednesday (college reunion of sorts).

The most interesting information was regarding AD Daryl Gross. Don't be shocked if he is the university's sacrificial lamb here.