'Cuse Hoops 2014-15 - New York's College Team!!!

The Poojer

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duke is like our new Villanova, IMO. I hate them because they will always be near the top in the ACC standings, but I respect their coach and their program. I don't hate them as much as I did UCONN, Pitt or Georgetown (for various reasons).

Anyway, F any team that Syracuse is playing. Tonight it's Duke. I can't wait to watch Chistmas v Okafor 2. Hopefully they take the lid off the basket for Rak this time around. If there is one weakness for Okafor it's his defense. Rak should eat his lunch.

The bolded says it all. Already getting psyched for the game later. Hopefully BJ keeps shooting well because it's nice not having to rely solely on Cooney as a 3 pt threat.

I assume you are talking about Rollie's Villanova, not Jay Wright's Villanova...I put him on par with Pitino and Calipari(I would never turn my back on any of them)

Duke is like our new Villanova, IMO. I hate them because they will always be near the top in the ACC standings, but I respect their coach and their program. I don't hate them as much as I did UCONN, Pitt or Georgetown (for various reasons).

Anyway, F any team that Syracuse is playing. Tonight it's Duke. I can't wait to watch Chistmas v Okafor 2. Hopefully they take the lid off the basket for Rak this time around. If there is one weakness for Okafor it's his defense. Rak should eat his lunch.

i don't know...bitter, maybe....i think i just don't want to like him or villanova...I don't need a good reason other than.....GO ORANGE!!!!!(living among 'Nova fans probably doesn't help either)

Jay Wright is pure class, IMO. Why the low opinion of him?

i don't know...bitter, maybe....i think i just don't want to like him or villanova...I don't need a good reason other than.....GO ORANGE!!!!!(living among 'Nova fans probably doesn't help either)

Fair enough...

Go Orange!! Let's make the NCAA selection committee wish we were post-season eligible. Beat Duke and then beat down UVA.

don't know if Duke is that good, or Cuse is just that bad tonight, was anyone else not impressed with ESPN camera set up, I through that I was setting in the nose bleed seats

P.S., I for one miss the Big East Days

Edited by rumblefish

Just sloppy and terrible shooting effort. Christmas giving away dumb fouls too.

I think we needed all 3 of our weapons to be on, and none of them were.

Oh, well. I really want that UVA win.

Yeah. Disappointing. Too many turnovers. Poor shooting. All around poor effort. This team is so schizophrenic. Beat UVA!! Haha.

My "conspiracy theory"

A win by Syracuse last night meant UVA clinched acc regular season. Duke win keeps Duke in the hunt. Boeheim's friendship with coach K. Cuse steps up big time against UVA bringing Duke even closer. Duke takes care of business the rest of the season wins acc and become solid #2 overall seed in NCAA tournament

JB, tanking a game, only way that could happen in my opinion, would be if he was coaching a NHL team, and still don't think he would

900+ win coaches tanking, highly unlikely

Edited by rumblefish

F@$% Virginia. I hope they get upset in the first round of the tourney. If there has ever been any doubt that the shot clock needs to be lowered in college, watching Virginia play should eliminate it.

F@$% Virginia. I hope they get upset in the first round of the tourney. If there has ever been any doubt that the shot clock needs to be lowered in college, watching Virginia play should eliminate it.

Agreed. I hate that team. It's like those Wisconsin teams-- just grinding out 60-50 point wins. Not built to win in the tourney.

That said, frustrating loss tonight. Our guys just missing open looks. Puzzling how a D-1 team can shoot so poorly.

I have no problem with Virginia's style of play, it's not too different from ours. I can't believe they were able to make such a drastic shift in game stragegy...how do you go 15 minutes with just 2 points then all of a sudden have that kind of burst. We got out rebounded on the offensive glass. alot of standing around on defense. poor shooting once again. I think a team like UVA is built for the tournament. I hope they lose early, but I see them advancing. Kentucky on the other hand, i don't see them getting past the round of 8

I have no problem with Virginia's style of play, it's not too different from ours. I can't believe they were able to make such a drastic shift in game stragegy...how do you go 15 minutes with just 2 points then all of a sudden have that kind of burst. We got out rebounded on the offensive glass. alot of standing around on defense. poor shooting once again. I think a team like UVA is built for the tournament. I hope they lose early, but I see them advancing. Kentucky on the other hand, i don't see them getting past the round of 8

I am a homer when it comes to Cuse, but even they irk me a little on offense sometimes. I just don't feel any team needs 35 seconds. They just aimlessly pass the ball back and forth or dribble the clock down til there is only 12 seconds left and then run the play. It just gets boring as a fan, and yes, it angers me much more when I'm already frustrated by losing.

We'll see when the tourney comes but I think, and I know I'm going out on a limb here :lol:, that Kentucky is much better built for the tourney. They are great offensively, which often makes people forget how good they are defensively. I could see Virginia not making it past the sweet sixteen. JMO

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall