'Cuse Hoops 2014-15 - New York's College Team!!!

The Poojer

You both make solid points. Let's hope he decides on Cuse.

http://www.nunesmagician.com/2015/6/25/8841459/su-hoops-recruiting-2016-syracuse-dream-school-alterique-gilbert

This article does well to illustrate my concerns related to Tyus Battle and current recruiting. Alterique Gilbert, another highly touted 2016 guard (many even think better than Tyus), has reported that recently Syracuse has slowed down in recruiting him. The kid has said for som time that Syracuse is his "dream school." Many think he is a slam dunk recruit for JB, Hop and crew.

They are taking a big gamble here with Tyus, and it damned well better pay off.

One slightly encouraging tid bit....as of this writing Tyus has not announced his final official visit. This suggests to me that it is Duke v Cuse to the finish.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure why Philly passed on rak. He went in between 2 of their picks and one of those picks was a lesser version of him. Weird.

McCullough 29th to the Nets.

Christmas 36th to the Wolves, then traded to the Cavs! LeBron will love Rak!

Not sure why Philly passed on rak. He went in between 2 of their picks and one of those picks was a lesser version of him. Weird.

Speaking of Philly, they picked up ANOTHER center. Golden State just won a championship going all small. Philly looks like they're going to try it going all big.

Speaking of Philly, they picked up ANOTHER center. Golden State just won a championship going all small. Philly looks like they're going to try it going all big.

I thought for sure they were going to draft Okafor and move him. With Embiid, Noel, and now Okafor...that's one crowded front court. I think either Noel or Embiid (more likely Noel) will be moved.

I think they should have gone with Mudiay, but I get the BPA element.

I thought for sure they were going to draft Okafor and move him. With Embiid, Noel, and now Okafor...that's one crowded front court. I think either Noel or Embiid (more likely Noel) will be moved.

Good point about BPA. They were probably pretty pissed when Russell went at 2.

McCullough 29th to the Nets.

Christmas 36th to the Wolves, then traded to the Cavs! LeBron will love Rak!

I wonder if Rak is going to get anyt PT in Cleveland. He seems like he would provide more offense than Tristan Thompson, and probably be just as good on the boards and defense.

it all depends on the real story of Embiid. If he is truly still suffering his injury, Okafor and Noel are gonna be devastating, would have been thrilled with Okafor, Mudiay or Russell at that pick. What confuses me is why they continued to go big...the big guy from spain, the 6-9 guy next...they have a nice stable of guards and small forwards, but they are getting very crowded in the post...hopefully they still won't be good enough to price me out of going to games. :-)

didn't realize the Sixers shipped the spanish kid to the knicks for a couple seconds. I like that move. Speaking of the Knicks, i think they had a very solid draft. I know a lot are comparing the 1st pick to Darko, but word is he is a future star for a long time, then to get jerian grant? solid first round for them.

Edited by The Poojer

it all depends on the real story of Embiid. If he is truly still suffering his injury, Okafor and Noel are gonna be devastating, would have been thrilled with Okafor, Mudiay or Russell at that pick. What confuses me is why they continued to go big...the big guy from spain, the 6-9 guy next...they have a nice stable of guards and small forwards, but they are getting very crowded in the post...hopefully they still won't be good enough to price me out of going to games. :-)

didn't realize the Sixers shipped the spanish kid to the knicks for a couple seconds. I like that move. Speaking of the Knicks, i think they had a very solid draft. I know a lot are comparing the 1st pick to Darko, but word is he is a future star for a long time, then to get jerian grant? solid first round for them.

And then there is this...

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/06/joel-embiid-told-jahlil-okafor-the-night-before-the-draft-that-he-was-going-to-be-on-the-76ers

https://twitter.com/cusesigel/status/615146567058767872

7' 2" center Paschal Chukwu accepts offer and will transfer to Syracuse. Will have 3 years eligibility after sitting 15-16 season. Good news. Will be a nightmare in the middle of that zone.

https://twitter.com/cusesigel/status/615146567058767872

7' 2" center Paschal Chukwu accepts offer and will transfer to Syracuse. Will have 3 years eligibility after sitting 15-16 season. Good news. Will be a nightmare in the middle of that zone.

So, these are the names of our 2016 centers: Chinonso Obokoh, Moustapha Diagne, and Paschal Chukwu. :D

Welcome Kid Mamba!!! What an incredible get for JB and Hop. Looks like they're loading up for a run in 16-17. I'm drooling about the thought of Malachi Richardson (6'6") and Tyus Battle (6'6") causing havoc at the top of the zone.

1. Tyus Battle (6'6")

2. Malachi Richardson (6'6")

3. Matthew Moyer (6'8")

4. Tyler Roberson (6'8")

5. Paschal Chukwu (7'2")

Oh my!

FYI....I am hearing that there may be some concerns regarding the eligibility of incoming 4 star PF Moustapha Diagne. Not sure of the nature of the issue, but I am hearing that the coaching staff is concerned. Something may be coming out soon.

Go CUSE!!

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

I heard Devo got tossed for fighting...had a bachelor party weekend in S. Jersey this weekend, otherwise would have gone to the games here in Philly.

Those looking for a great Cuse basketball recruiting source on Twitter...follow @OttosWorld365

How about Demetrius Nichols dropping 24 and Devendorf dropping 18 for Boeheim's Army?

Go Cuse!!

I heard Devo got tossed for fighting...had a bachelor party weekend in S. Jersey this weekend, otherwise would have gone to the games here in Philly.

LOL....it was more of ejection due to a couple heated verbal altercations. Really, Devo was just being Devo (talking smack) and the opposing player overreacted (IMO). Exciting OT win for Boeheim's Army against the LaSalle Alums. I think they play again on Friday against a NYC team if I am not mistaken. Interesting to see player coach, Lawrence Moten, abandon the zone at the beginning of the 2nd half. In an interview, Moten said that he doesn't really like the zone defense, and that they would be playing more man-to-man moving forward.

RAK traded to Indiana for a 2nd round pick in 2016. Signs 4 year 4.5 million contract (2 million guaranteed). Good news for the big fella!

Great news--hopefully gets some major PT.

By the way, I remain puzzled by NBA free agency. The Cavs are locking up guys like James Jones and Richardson Jefferson to min deals, and neither guy can really play anymore. They have this super valuable asset in Brendan Haywood's "contract"-- and were trying to get 14-year player Joe Johnson of all people for it?

Maybe it's just my bias, but I would think Rak is a better option than any of those old, washed-up guys.

If anyone wants to watch some Cuse Alums the who can still ball. Boeheim's Army is playing in the "elite 8" tonight (Sat 7/25) at 8:00 EST on ESPNU. See Hak Warrick, Devendorf, Demetrius Nichols, Rick Jackson, Larry Moten and others. A little Cuse fix in July :)

Edit: Or if you're in the Chicago area, they're playing at DePaul University. Tickets are $15 with the promotional code TBT25OFF.

http://ev13.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventList?groupCode=TBTCH23&linkID=img-imgt&shopperContext=&caller=appList&appCode=

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

• 4 weeks later...

Moose Diagne not coming to Syracuse this season. Will enroll in a 2 year school and keep communication open with Syracuse. Scholarship sanctions to start in 2015.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2015/08/syracuse_recruit_moustapha_diagne_will_not_play_for_orange_plans_to_enroll_in_2-.html

:cry:

it's absolute bull ****...some of these "kids" really need college basketball to give them that push to a better life, and to have to deal with this crap could undo any good that had been done throughout their amateur hoop careers....

http://ottosgrove.com/ncaa-still-looking-out-for-the-best-interest-of-the-student/

This is just infuriating and downright sad.

F the NCAA right in the ear with a giant John Holmes penis.