'Cuse Hoops 2014-15 - New York's College Team!!!

The Poojer

just taking it one game at a time, going to be scary each game, unless terrible free shooting and shot selection improves, gritty play considering what they have to work with ,ACC officials are like NFL, either hands in the pocket, or whistling all the time, usually it's one half of one, and other half the other

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is what is so frustrating...they set expectations early, then they do the contrary later on....

just taking it one game at a time, going to be scary each game, unless terrible free shooting and shot selection improves, gritty play considering what they have to work with ,ACC officials are like NFL, either hands in the pocket, or whistling all the time, usually it's one half of one, and other half the other

Word around the campfire is that the NCAA is pissed about this. Penalty could exceed 1 year post season ban. Not sure what this means...additional yea of post season ban, loss of scholarships, or both. NCAA has yet to announce sanctions.

Word is Syracuse AD got tired of waiting around for NCAA...hurting recruiting.

Word around the campfire is that the NCAA is pissed about this. Penalty could exceed 1 year post season ban. Not sure what this means...additional yea of post season ban, loss of scholarships, or both. NCAA has yet to announce sanctions.

Word is Syracuse AD got tired of waiting around for NCAA...hurting recruiting.

Smart move, IMO. They aren't going to hit them with more than one year for petty crap like Fab Melo not writing a term paper. I think more than a year ban would be unprecedented, wouldn't it?

Smart move, IMO. They aren't going to hit them with more than one year for petty crap like Fab Melo not writing a term paper. I think more than a year ban would be unprecedented, wouldn't it?

I agree, smart move either way. Truth is, no one really knows the nature or severity of the alleged infractions. All that was confirmed, to my knowledge, was that the investigation did not involve any current players. There have been rumors that Fab Melo and James Southerland are involved, but I don't believe that has ever been confirmed.

To respond to your question about multiple year ban being unprecedented, UCONN was handed a much stiffer penalty. Granted, their violations were pretty severe in nature.

"February 2011, the University of Connecticut men's basketball program was penalized for infractions of NCAA regulations. The violations in our case related to improper recruiting inducements, impermissible phone calls and text messages to prospective student-athletes, failure to monitor and promote an atmosphere for compliance by the head coach, failure to monitor by the university, unethical conduct, and some secondary violations. The University self-imposed some penalties and the NCAA Committee on Infractions added others.

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/082311aaa.html

The penalties currently being served by the Men's Basketball program include the suspension of the head coach for three conference games during the 2011-12 season, scholarship reductions for three academic years, recruiting restrictions, permanent disassociation of a booster and three years' probation (until February 21, 2014). The University of Connecticut values the principles of the NCAA and is fully committed to running a program of impeccable integrity and excellence in all aspects of its athletics program."

I am hoping for the best, but I fear the worst. If the NCAA's ruling is more severe that Syracuse's self-imposed punishment, I am sure that an appeal is forthcoming.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

this is what goes back the furthest, i have heard devo and possibly scoop

I don't know if this is common knowledge, but I just learned that in addition to "academic violations" the NCAA is investigating Syracuse for not implementing their drug testing program properly. This seems to be a little more serious than just having a term paper written for Fab Melo.

IMO, this game today will be very telling about the makeup of this team. It would be real easy for them to pack it in because they have nothing to play for. Hopefully they come together and play hard for each other. If they do, it could create an even stronger and hungrier group coming back next year.

Feel bad for Rak, but I think he's playing himself into being a first rounder so that's a nice consolation.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

Commendable effort. I hate losing to Pitt. No sour grapes here at all, Pitt deserved to win, but did anyone else think it was in poor taste for ESPN to show the "Oakland Zoo's" cheat sheet for insulting the Syracuse players? It may be true, but is is right for them to point out on their broadcast that Kaleb Joseph, a student athlete, looks like Steve Urkel? That Cooney once gave his girlfriend a picture of himself to his girlfriend? I forget what else they said...

I'm okay with the Pitt students doing this, but did ESPN need to put it on television and laugh about it? Essentially making fun of the Syracuse players?

Poor form, ESPN.

So on to the important question:

How are you convincing your significant other to let you watch the Cuse on what is probably the dumbest scheduling in the history of SU Basketball? 6pm on valentines day?!?! Couldn't be 8? or 4? Had to be right at dinner time? What no wife/gf having douche scheduled this?!

7 simple letters that changed my life for the better D-I-V-O-R-C-E, gonna be up in Liverpool this weekend, my parents told me i could have their tickets, seemingly one section over from you. I am not sure if I am gonna go or let me kids have the tix and me watch them in a bar.

So on to the important question:

How are you convincing your significant other to let you watch the Cuse on what is probably the dumbest scheduling in the history of SU Basketball? 6pm on valentines day?!?! Couldn't be 8? or 4? Had to be right at dinner time? What no wife/gf having douche scheduled this?!

i hope you responded by saying, "hello....Bills fan here....."

Not even going to ask. Tivoing it, and will watch it much later.

By the way, I made the mistake of telling my wife about the post-season ban. Now, she's like, "why are we even watching this? what's the point? they aren't going to even make it to march madness."

How do you even respond to that?

Not even going to ask. Tivoing it, and will watch it much later.

By the way, I made the mistake of telling my wife about the post-season ban. Now, she's like, "why are we even watching this? what's the point? they aren't going to even make it to march madness."

How do you even respond to that?

With a separation agreement.