This Game Worries Me More So Than Any Other...

ctk232

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Cat always makes me feel warm and fuzzy about the Bills!

:thumbsup::D

It makes the cold pricklies that much worse. Rest easy knowing I bring it upon myself too. BEER! :beer:

Yeah, I couldn't help my self of course. :lol:

With regard to your question I give you my warmest regards.

Wow. I had honestly never considered the difference between "in" and "with" regard...and I learned something today.

Obviously that's what I'm obviously thinking too. We take 'em one game at a time, obviously. Obviously, no looking past any game.

My only fear for this week is Dareus and Hughes getting into trouble.

Sorry, forgot this one.

I think we need a emoticon for

CaptainobviousChooseOption.jpg

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

It's actually the difference between regard and regards. Pretty common mistake that is often made in both writing and speaking.

I'm now retroactively embarrassed for all the times I said "with regards to" and people sat silently judging me.

Edited by The Big Cat

Wow. I had honestly never considered the difference between "in" and "with" regard...and I learned something today.

Regard, when used as a noun, is synonymous with appriciation or respect. IE. "I have great regard for Jim Kelly."

Regards can only be used as a noun, and is synonymous with "freindly greetings".

Regard, when used as a verb, means "to take into consideration or account".

It would be better if teams played a Thursday night game just after there bye week , long break before and after game. Do this for teams with poor record previous season.

I have been thinking in the interest of player safety maybe they should have a bye week followed by a Thursday night game. That way a team would get 2 1/2 weeks off and then another 10 day off time after the Thursday Night game. Since the Thursday night games are always between division rivals, I'd think that would be pretty easy to work out schedule-wise.

Hers the good thing...Bills play only two games in 27 days....So get Miami on Thursday one game after our bye week. Coaches cab work on the Miami plan this week.

Bills play 2 games in 27 days..almost like having 2 bye weeks. After all, we bitched all last year how many teams we played coming off the "mini bye".

I think the schedule shakes out favorably from a timing perspective.

Edited by plenzmd1

I've been eyeing this game on the schedule for some time now and I'm slightly worried about the phish game, on a short week, in a featured game, in Miami. I find solace in the Bills performance on the road so far this year, and honestly, a winning/formidable road record is a crucial factor in making it to the playoffs IMO. However, this game still gives me reason for concern given the nature of the shortweek, with FJax out, and a weak OL. We handled them in Week 2 in Buffalo, but this will be an entirely different game and the pivotal moment in the season so far for the Bills (again, opinion, but a seminal benchmark nonetheless).

I'd appreciate any dispelling of my concern, but discussion isn't discouraged either.

GO BILLS!!!

Whaaaat??? First I thought you were talking about the Kc game. First you worry about the next game, not the next next next game.

And even if you do. We killed the Dolphins. Yeah I know they could return the favor. But based on current history, we should beat them pretty easily.

I'll aleviate your concern right now. We will destroy the Fins. Guaranteed! That's good enough for you.

If we beat Kc, we will be riding a high and the momentum will spring forward to destroying some fins. LIke grilling some fins.

If we lose to kc, we will need to destroy the fins to get back on track.

Both ways we destroy the fins.

Dont worry about the fins. That's almost a guaranteed doubleu. Id worry about the Kc more than anything.

Now can you sleep well at night? Jk.

Whaaaat??? First I thought you were talking about the Kc game. First you worry about the next game, not the next next next game.

And even if you do. We killed the Dolphins. Yeah I know they could return the favor. But based on current history, we should beat them pretty easily.

I'll aleviate your concern right now. We will destroy the Fins. Guaranteed! That's good enough for you.

If we beat Kc, we will be riding a high and the momentum will spring forward to destroying some fins. LIke grilling some fins.

If we lose to kc, we will need to destroy the fins to get back on track.

Both ways we destroy the fins.

Dont worry about the fins. That's almost a guaranteed doubleu. Id worry about the Kc more than anything.

Now can you sleep well at night? Jk.

If we go 7-3, does that mean we'll be 9-3?

I think so.

I'm now retroactively embarrassed for all the times I said "with regards to" and people sat silently judging me.

well if it's any consolation that's better than walking out of a bathroom and not noticing you have a few sheets of toilet paper stuck to your shoe.

not to worry, there's plenty of other things to keep us amused

... How'd i do?

If we go 7-3, does that mean we'll be 9-3?

I think so.

I agree complete, BC.

As I have stated in some thread earlier this week that is why those are the most important five days in almost a generation and a half for this team...come out of there 7-3 and I think they are looking good.

ohh, actually I mentioned in an e-mail to a friend of mine.

I agree complete, BC.

As I have stated in some thread earlier this week that is why those are the most important five days in almost a generation and a half for this team...come out of there 7-3 and I think they are looking good.

ohh, actually I mentioned in an e-mail to a friend of mine.

If we make it to 9-3, we're very well set up to go 11-4.

In that final stretch, I think we'll get the Raiders game, but I'm also not completely writing off our chances against the Packers. I don't think they match up well against us.

That would put us at 11-4 going in to Foxboro.

Every game is a concern. Take them one game at a time. Our "D" coach said the second half will determine our being a good "D". They will define the season. I don't expect the "O" to light to many fires in the second half. Hope for the best and enjoy this week.