Mathematical Model Of The AFC Playoff Picture

CodeMonkey

Currently shows the Bills about even with the phish, finishing with a 9-7 record and probably not making the playoffs.

Interesting that the teams in each division are sorted by point differential rather than wins.

So let me get this straight: The Patriots currently have one more win than us with half the season still to go but their odds of making the playoffs are 3 times higher than ours? lmao

There must be a weight factor based on the coaches and QBs.

So let me get this straight: The Patriots currently have one more win than us with half the season still to go but their odds of making the playoffs are 3 times higher than ours? lmao

You must not understand what a mathematical model is. http://lmgtfy.com/?q...hematical model

Interesting that the teams in each division are sorted by point differential rather than wins.

I suspect they are sorted by Elo rating which is the number generated by the model.

26 out of 100? So, you're saying there's a chance?!

Yup! And part 2 of that movie is coming out soon! :)

Edited by CodeMonkey

Its pointless halfway through the season to try and predict the playoff field. Anything can and will happen between now and then. A team that looks dead in the water right now could get on a hot streak and sneak into the playoffs while a team that is playing well with a good record could tank and finish the season out of the playoffs.

We have the same chance as the Jets to win the Super Bowl? Ouch.

yes, don't you remember? The Jets are a better team than their record. The Blls are a worse team than their record. Obviously....

You seem to be off base here Yolo. In this case I think it means according to the model, neither team has much of a chance. If you look closer, it shows that the Bills have a significantly better chance of making the playoffs than the Jests do. So it is not showing that it thinks the Jests are the better team.