Jeremy White: All-22 Review - Bills at Jets

What if the QB audibled? Happens a lot. Complaining about play calling when you dont know the play call is hard to do.

I also did say the offense, not just NH.

What about the plays that were called runs and were audibled to a pass?

Im just going over what was actually played bc i dont know what was called.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He says they werent conservative and his examples are from the first couple drives when we were in fact not conservative. He shows our throws deep which resulted in touchdowns, praising them even as examples of great plays. Then he doesnt mention anything about the 5 possessions where we didnt get a first down despite only being up by 7, 10 or 13 points. Talking about "playing with a lead"...really? Just in the second quarter Vick marched right down the field and scored a TD, youre going to convince me that we were totally fine run, run, passing it with a 10 point lead? That is bogus. If those throws early were working so well, and Sammy was so awesome how can you justify completely ignoring him until the 4th qurater?

I usually really like Jeremy but this one didnt do anything to change my mind. Im not in the first Hackett camp, but I am in the " I want to see more fire power...soon" camp.

+1. This was terrible. He cherry picked the 1 or 2 drives when we decided to not be predictable.

White then ignores the 7 possessions when we went run-run-pass and did nothing. This is a really poor effort.

I also did say the offense, not just NH.

What about the plays that were called runs and were audibled to a pass?

Im just going over what was actually played bc i dont know what was called.

No one knows. Lets face the facts, we judge a play call on if it works. Great thing about all 22 though is you can see if the play did work and there was actually a breakdown in blocking or just poor play of the player with the ball.

So far I have put the blame on the players, its easy to see. Offense can be very explosive.

And its not just about the sequence of run, run, pass - its about the types of runs we see - almost always up the middle.

Every team almost always runs between the tackles.

No one knows. Lets face the facts, we judge a play call on if it works. Great thing about all 22 though is you can see if the play did work and there was actually a breakdown in blocking or just poor play of the player with the ball.

So far I have put the blame on the players, its easy to see. Offense can be very explosive.

I agree. It can be very explosive indeed - if we dont run, run, pass 4 consecutive drives with the same half back dive up the middle. The all-22 actually shows this.

Yes they do.

When was the last time we ran a sweep play? I honestly cant remember. A screen? i cant remember that either. Other teams run those too.

I agree. It can be very explosive indeed - if we dont run, run, pass 4 consecutive drives with the same half back dive up the middle. The all-22 actually shows this.

But a couple of those run run pass drives they actually got a big gain on 3rd down, not like Jets stuffed them. 3rd and 15, got 14. 3rd and 13, got 12.

Also Orton was sacked 4 times and hit 6 more times. He only drop back 23 times. So basically it was either a good play or Orton getting smacked in the mouth. IMO they should have run more the way the game was going..

Edited by TheTruthHurts

+1. This was terrible. He cherry picked the 1 or 2 drives when we decided to not be predictable.

White then ignores the 7 possessions when we went run-run-pass and did nothing. This is a really poor effort.

Yea - I've used the phrase "outside the first drive" quite a few times. It seems the initial scripted plays were decent - then he almost was surprised by how bad the jets were and stopped playing that game

But a couple of those run run pass drives they actually got a big gain on 3rd down, not like Jets stuffed them. 3rd and 15, got 14. 3rd and 13, got 12.

Also Orton was sacked 4 times and hit 6 more times. He only drop back 23 times. So basically it was either a good play or Orton getting smacked in the mouth. IMO they should have run more the way the game was going..

this is part of what drives me BONKERS. We run it up the middle, which almost never works, and set ourselves up with some 3rd and long and almost get it with the only throwing play of the drive, on a play when they KNOW we are throwing. Imagine if we ran that play on first when they werent positive we were throwing. How many yards would we get then? Imagine if we ran it on second when they werent sure if we were going to throw it. "What if its incomplete on second down, then what?" you say. Well, it leads to 3rd and long, which would have happened anyway cause we cannot run it. Throw it more often please Hackett

Edited by jletha

It's not addressing the issues and combating the criticisms when your examples support the opposition. :lol: The complainers are saying he should have passed more and should have done more of exactly the things that Jwhite was showing worked, which if they would have, would have won the game earlier and easier.

Rarely post and read this site daily. I think your posts are normally on point (well I agree with the,m at least), but you have recently been unfairly all over the OC in my opinion. There was no need to push anything in this game. They picked their spots to push...and apparently chose well...and picked their spots to run clock and keep the Jets honest (by running up the middle)

Don't forget, the Jets front 7 and Rex Ryan pressure packages are very dangerous and could easily have changed the direction of the game with a sack-turnover. With an inconsistent Oline, young/new players at the skill positions (other than Chandler), this was a sound game plan and the OC and play caller (Marrone?) deserve credit in this case.

Edited by Yard Monkey

Yes they do.

When was the last time we ran a sweep play? I honestly cant remember. A screen? i cant remember that either. Other teams run those too.

Yes, run plays that take longer to develop and need the immobile, sucky O-line to hold their blocks or move even more.

Yea - I've used the phrase "outside the first drive" quite a few times. It seems the initial scripted plays were decent - then he almost was surprised by how bad the jets were and stopped playing that game

This is a good point; he probably did script out that first drive and it was effective. I would note, however, the first three plays of the game were run-run-pass--- and we lucked out with a penalty on the pass to get a 1st down. But the rest of that drive featured some nicely called pass plays.

Yes, run plays that take longer to develop and need the immobile, sucky O-line to hold their blocks or move even more.

Yep. Doesn't at all seem like we can handle that. We can't even run a screen pass. Especially against the Jets you don't want to be running sweeps.

But the rest of that drive featured some nicely called pass plays.

Which worked so well we quickly abandoned it. Like going for the endzone after a turnover. We tried that once against the Vikings and it went for a TD to Watkins. So we abandoned it.

Which worked so well we quickly abandoned it. Like going for the endzone after a turnover. We tried that once against the Vikings and it went for a TD to Watkins. So we abandoned it.

I would have been fine with even a simple slant or out. All we needed to get was 10 yards after those TOs and those would have been FGs. Just a total wasted opportunity.

I would have been fine with even a simple slant or out. All we needed to get was 10 yards after those TOs and those would have been FGs. Just a total wasted opportunity.

Didnt you read, we were playing with a lead. No need for any more points.

Edited by jletha

The best part was the inevitable hockey analogy from Jeremy.

Next week he will compare Sammy to Connor McDavid in a detailed all-22 side by side.

I so agree w/ this. I know JW puts plenty of work into these, but he really provides little insight.Anyone with an Internet connection and the time can do this. How about JW watches the All-22 of every game of KC, then tell us how the Chiefs will attack. Or better yet, just go away. His show is horrible.

Predictable when something is working is good. That is commonly referred to as :worthy: doing it until they show they can stop us.

Predictable when something is not working is bad. That is commonly referred to as :wallbash: start trying something else, like the thing that works.

Not to mention that I haven't seen anyone say we shouldn't run. Only that we shouldn't run, run, pass.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I think White makes a strong case that it's not whether you are right or wrong, but simply that you and Hackett/Marrone disagree about the game plan. Your plan might be great too, but it's hard to say their's sucked when they won by 20 points.

Didnt you read, we were playing with a lead. No need for any more points.

This is obnoxious.

Edited by Rob's House