Manning v. Brady 16

YoloinOhio

I don't think either one of them are retiring soon. They both look like they love the game, get paid $20 mil to do it, and have solid teams. As Brady said, he'll stop playing when Mr. Kraft and Coach Belicheck think I suck. I see Manning possibly winning the SB, but would come back.

The only way these guys retire is if they take some major shot and deal with a significant injury. They get rid of the ball so quickly though, they are not taking many shots.

Besides, I may be in the minority, but I love watching these games. They are so much fun to watch and probably the highest rated games beyond the playoffs.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget the Cardinals / Cowboys. That will be just as fun. I love the Cardinals, and Bruse Arians should be up for coach of the year again. Between losing Dansby to free agency, Washington to suspension, and the injuries, and they still have the best record in the NFC and tied with the Broncos overall.

After watching the Cowboys not handle all out blitzes well against the Redskins, it will be interesting to see how Arians dials up pressure on Romo.

Just gonna throw this out there: should we be pulling for the Patriots to win? We're in better shape if they have nothing to play for in the 16th game and we need to get to 10 wins for a wild card ...

The Bills are 1.5 games out of 1st place.

You want the Broncos to give us that 1 game.

There is no question about it.

The Bills are 1.5 games out of 1st place.

You want the Broncos to give us that 1 game.

There is no question about it.

I agree. The Pats just aren't that kind of team that ever has "nothing to play for." Belichik would enjoy beating us week 17 with all their starters in until the last minute no matter what. I've seen it too many times. I'll never forget when he left Gronk in there a couple years ago to get to 50 points and he got hurt.

1, I hope. I feel bad about saying that though. It's not very nice. But you know, it is what it is.

Oh I agree. it seems no one can tackle the guy on the first hit.

and it's also not nice to wish that Brady hurts himself with all his flops on the field or on field celebrations

This is a different Manning team. Their defense is playing lights out. They are #1 against the Run. They have the NFL sack leader in Von Miller not to mention bookend pass rushers. This defense was built to stop Brady in the AFC Championship and Seattle in the SB.

That defense couldn't beat Seattle this year....

Denver's defense is better this year, there's no question. Beating Seattle, in Seattle, is tough -- but that doesn't diminish the improvements made on that side of the ball for the Broncos. The past few weeks, Denver has been head and shoulders above every other team in the NFL.

But it's a week-to-week league. Let's see what happens in Rhode Island... I mean Massachusetts.

Game was @ Seattle and went to OT. Result could easily have been different if @ Denver. Or even a play or two went differently in Seattle. Was nothing like the SB where the D looked like they didn't have a clue. That game showed this is a different Denver team.

Denver's defense is better this year, there's no question. Beating Seattle, in Seattle, is tough -- but that doesn't diminish the improvements made on that side of the ball for the Broncos. The past few weeks, Denver has been head and shoulders above every other team in the NFL.

But it's a week-to-week league. Let's see what happens in Rhode Island... I mean Massachusetts.

Oh , we know what will happen. And it's exactly why the NFL always gives Kraft his wish and puts this game @ NE. It will be windy, and several inexplicable calls will go against the Broncos. NE will not be flagged for any holding penalties of consequence. They will throw a few, just to appear to call the game " evenly" . So sick of the damned Pats and really hoped they were done this year.

Game was @ Seattle and went to OT. Result could easily have been different if @ Denver. Or even a play or two went differently in Seattle. Was nothing like the SB where the D looked like they didn't have a clue. That game showed this is a different Denver team.

Remains to be seen. In the SB, the Denver O couldn't solve the Seattle D either. So let us not place a whole lot of blame just on the Denver D last year. I always thought that PManning suffered from a weak D in Indy which prevented him from more playoff/SB wins. This year, he has no excuse. If he again loses in the playoffs or SB, the case for him being a playoff choker gets stronger. The greatest QB with the most records and least playoff success. Hence, this season is very interesting for the Broncos and Manning.

As much as I hate Brady and the Patriots... I admit that I appreciate getting a chance to watch Brady and Manning, and their respective teams be great. There's very few as good as they have been over their careers. Kudos to them... now retire already.

As much as I hate Brady and the Patriots... I admit that I appreciate getting a chance to watch Brady and Manning, and their respective teams be great. There's very few as good as they have been over their careers. Kudos to them... now retire already.

yeah, sorry about the whole "finale" thing. I didn't mean to push anyone out the door... Or anything. I'll bring the finest champagne when it does happen though. Edited by YoloinOhio

Oh , we know what will happen. And it's exactly why the NFL always gives Kraft his wish and puts this game @ NE. It will be windy, and several inexplicable calls will go against the Broncos. NE will not be flagged for any holding penalties of consequence. They will throw a few, just to appear to call the game " evenly" . So sick of the damned Pats and really hoped they were done this year.

I like this a lot.

I hate the patriots. dont enjoy brady one bit. maybe not this year, but they got away with everything for years. no flags, fake pi calls. yuck. i hate them. example from last year: the karate kick from the oline man. Really. Jackie chan move and you dont see it?

my favorite games in the year are bills wins followed very closely by a pats* loss.

*means they are cheaters and have won nothing since they were caught

Edited by Clippers of Nfl

that is until the Ref's start to favor the Cheatriots