Kansas City; What's going to happen?

We need to produce more first downs, and control the clock better. KC won't turn the ball over much, and their defense is pretty staunch from what I've seen.

Basically, once again, another game in which I am not at all confident in the results.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's going to be like the Detroit game. KC's defense is really good(#1 ranked pass defense and #3 overall). Luckily we're at home, coming off a BYE, and we've been playing KC really well the past couple years. I'm expecting a win.

Every week we seem to be playing a top-10 defense ! If Jackson is back, we will have pass protection help. On O, we should throw a lot.

On D, we match up well because their passing game is mediocre and our run-D is good enough to slow down Charles.

Won't be easy, but I predict we win a close one.

Alex Smith has a sprained throwing shoulder, per ESPN.

Hang on. So all these years, he has been throwing with a good shoulder ??

Alex Smith has a sprained throwing shoulder, per ESPN. Watch his participation in practice this week, and hope that he plays against an angry, humiliated and desperate Jets defense.

Losing Smith could actually give them an advantage in game planning against the Bills.

They'd be more likely to throw stuff at us that we haven't seen.

All in all, we need to stop their run game and make them one-dimensional. I think we can do that in the Ralph.

On the offensive side, our running game needs to produce. KC is giving up over 100 yards a game. The Bills have two weeks to come up with a good plan. IMO, give Bryce Brown some space to work with and he'll catch the Chiefs off guard.

Good point. The jets should beat up their O-Line. They are #1 against the pass, but they have lost to teams like the Titans. Even if they win against the Jets, they'll look ahead of us to the Seattle game the next week. They will like everyone think we are an easy win.

Yes, they are third overall in defense, but deceptive as they are susceptible against the run, and I heard one report Fred may be back for this game. If so. I like these three backs.

We'll be fresh and Orton will have two weeks to keep improving his timing with the WR.

Their offensive strength is their run game, not the passing game. Our defense can slow down their run game and possibly open up some INT opportunities, even though Alex Smith is usually good with the ball.

I love that we are at home for this game, two of the next three after that game.

Thank god Urbik is now in there to protect. We'll have to cover up Pears with extra FB help, or TE.

Losing Smith could actually give them an advantage in game planning against the Bills.

They'd be more likely to throw stuff at us that we haven't seen.

All in all, we need to stop their run game and make them one-dimensional. I think we can do that in the Ralph.

On the offensive side, our running game needs to produce. KC is giving up over 100 yards a game. The Bills have two weeks to come up with a good plan. IMO, give Bryce Brown some space to work with and he'll catch the Chiefs off guard.

Losing their #1 qb is an advantage for them??... Unless he's injured, this statement doesnt make logical sense. Alex Smith gets no respect. He's good. He didnt start good in his career. But he's good now. I really wanted him to come here when he left frisco.

Losing their #1 qb is an advantage for them??... Unless he's injured, this statement doesnt make logical sense. Alex Smith gets no respect. He's good. He didnt start good in his career. But he's good now. I really wanted him to come here when he left frisco.

I said "could give them an advantage in game planning"

You often see a replacement QB come in and catch some teams off guard before fizzling out because the team changes up their game plan significantly.

Hardly a topic worth arguing over, but I guess you took that as disrespect to Alex Smith...

I hope so. I am from Kansas and have been to many Bills / Chiefs games in KC. Me and 2 of my Chief friends are coming up for this game. This will be my first NFL game in a stadium other than Arrowhead. I can't wait!

First game at the Ralph is a special occasion.

I hope your alcohol tolerance is adequate

When in Rome...

Good point. The jets should beat up their O-Line. They are #1 against the pass, but they have lost to teams like the Titans. Even if they win against the Jets, they'll look ahead of us to the Seattle game the next week. They will like everyone think we are an easy win.

Yes, they are third overall in defense, but deceptive as they are susceptible against the run, and I heard one report Fred may be back for this game. If so. I like these three backs.

We'll be fresh and Orton will have two weeks to keep improving his timing with the WR.

Their offensive strength is their run game, not the passing game. Our defense can slow down their run game and possibly open up some INT opportunities, even though Alex Smith is usually good with the ball.

I love that we are at home for this game, two of the next three after that game.

Thank god Urbik is now in there to protect. We'll have to cover up Pears with extra FB help, or TE.

Isn't the bye week a partial vacation for the players? If so, I don't think they will be practice too much this week.

We're going to need the running game more than ever now. Hackett also has to call something other than the usual runs up the middle behind those struggling guards. Mix it up more with off-tackle power runs, sweeps (including an occasional jet sweep), traps, counters, etc....

We're going to need the running game more than ever now. Hackett also has to call something other than the usual runs up the middle behind those struggling guards. Mix it up more with off-tackle power runs, sweeps (including an occasional jet sweep), traps, counters, etc....

I love when people suggest this as though it never entered Hackett's mind. The O-line on Bills has a hard enough time blocking, having the shift and move to setup special runs and screens is something they are probably not capable of.

The Chiefs are currently favored by 9.5 points over the Jets this week. I wonder what the spread would have been if this game were two days ago? Less, I'm sure, but they would still probably have been favored. I'm guessing that, baring any significant injuries, they will be slightly favored over us-- maybe one or two points-- which is fine by me. I've been conditioned to be uncomfortable whenever we are favored.