What To Take From the Jets Game ?

T master

First off let me say i am as happy as i can be that we beat the Jets & are at 5 & 3 going into the bye week but with thinking who & what the team that we played are as a whole just how excited should we be by this win ?

First off by all means we should have won this game hands down with out even trying . But if you take away the terrible play at QB & the 3 INT's by Geno & 1 By Vick at the end of the game with our AWESOME D the game is tied & we would have to fight to win it .

The running game is all but stagnant the passing game is getting better because of Orton not because of the OC that's for sure & our College minded coach can't see the forest for the tree's because him being a mediocre NFL talent at best spending more time on the waiver wire than on the field during his career doesn't know decent talent when he see's it which is the reason why Urbik say most of this half of the season .

I hate to say it but i hope our new owners see that after Whaley & Shwartz this team needs to be looked at pretty closely to decide if this staff is really what it will take to put us in the play offs ..

If Shwartz was made HC & DC along with the QB coach elevated to OC Marrone along with his O line coach fired to bring in a proven coach at this position & Hackett could be put back where he belongs as a assistant then they may be on to something, but the way this group is going .

When your QB has more experience at play calling than your OC & your HC had a less than stellar NFL career at a position on the team you coach which is a troubled position on that team then & your not real sure how to coach it up to fix it something needs to change !!

Blast away Bills fans !!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

little,

Turnovers were good, the run game was off its' normal numbers and the inability to score off of every takeaway was bad. was it 9 drives starting at or shorter than the 50 yard line to go 3 and out and ZERO points yo account for it?

Like Rodak wrote on ESPN 5 or more 3 and outs in a game is not very good.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

little,

Turnovers were good, the run game was off its' normal numbers and the inability to score off of every takeaway was bad. was it 9 drives starting at or shorter than the 50 yard line to go 3 and out and ZERO points yo account for it?

The Jets have the 6th best D in the league and as it is the NFL, they chose not to curl up in the fetal position. Edited by YoloinOhio

go back and count the # of 3 and outs the Bills have had in the last 4 games.

if you are not concerned about that large number you are ignoring an important fact.

Also count the number of 3-and-outs of every other team. Because unless you know that, the Bills number is meaningless.

First off let me say i am as happy as i can be that we beat the Jets & are at 5 & 3 going into the bye week but with thinking who & what the team that we played are as a whole just how excited should we be by this win ?

First off by all means we should have won this game hands down with out even trying . But if you take away the terrible play at QB & the 3 INT's by Geno & 1 By Vick at the end of the game with our AWESOME D the game is tied & we would have to fight to win it .

The running game is all but stagnant the passing game is getting better because of Orton not because of the OC that's for sure & our College minded coach can't see the forest for the tree's because him being a mediocre NFL talent at best spending more time on the waiver wire than on the field during his career doesn't know decent talent when he see's it which is the reason why Urbik say most of this half of the season .

I hate to say it but i hope our new owners see that after Whaley & Shwartz this team needs to be looked at pretty closely to decide if this staff is really what it will take to put us in the play offs ..

If Shwartz was made HC & DC along with the QB coach elevated to OC Marrone along with his O line coach fired to bring in a proven coach at this position & Hackett could be put back where he belongs as a assistant then they may be on to something, but the way this group is going .

When your QB has more experience at play calling than your OC & your HC had a less than stellar NFL career at a position on the team you coach which is a troubled position on that team then & your not real sure how to coach it up to fix it something needs to change !!

Blast away Bills fans !!

We're 5-3, coming off a huge road win against a divisional opponent going into a perfectly placed bye week, leading into 4 very winnable games.

What makes you think that this team won't be in the playoffs this season?

little,

The bolded part of your statements is what's most concerning to me. Forget about the fact that two of those three and outs were after turnovers by the Jets at mid field, resulting in punts. I discount that a little bit because they did get points off of the other 4 turnovers. None the less, when I think about the flow of the game yesterday, it was clearly dictated by the Bills defense, while the offense kept letting the Jets back into the game. We start off going up 14-0 and then let the Jets back in the game scoring a TD. We respond to that TD with 10 unanswered points and then stall again, letting the Jets score 10. Then we real off 19 in a row and it's pretty well ballgame. I like that the offense showed it could score points. I just don't like that it took letting the other team back in the game twice for them to do so.

Also count the number of 3-and-outs of every other team. Because unless you know that, the Bills number is meaningless.

True. Based on the stats, the Bills rank 29th in the NFL in 3-and-outs. It is and should be a concerning statistic. If this team is able to make the playoffs, they will not go very far unless the offense gets more efficient.

http://www.sportingc...ercentage/2014/

Edited by Luxy312

little,

Why does it not suprise me that you read Rodac's drivel

Considering most people said the Bills would only win 4 games, isn't being 5-3 at they bye a good thing?

Not if your sole purpose for posting is being right about your predictions....

sadly...that is the case for some

You start off by saying that and then proceed to list excuses of why we shouldn't be excited about the win. Reading the rest of your post indicates that you may pretend to be 'happy' but really want to throw a lot of water on the fire of a win.

the very premise of the opening of this thread makes it pointless

the REASON we should have beaten the Jets handily (and we did by the way) was because they give too many turnovers and have horrible QB play....soooooo, saying "if they didnt throw INTs and have terrible QB play, the game would have been close" is like saying "if we were playing a completely different team"....we beat the Jets because they were what we thought they were....any NFL win is a good win