Fire Hackett

C'mon, seriously?

If Bryce Brown doesn't fumble the ball and Kyle Orton hits Chandler in the endzone that's 14 points right there and would have put them at 21 points. If Kyle hits Sammy or Hogan at the end of the game that's another 7.

Is it fun being absolutely miserable, serious question?

how many other games around the league do you think had "if only 2-3 plays were slightly different its a totally different game"

they happen - but unfortunately, our offense production has consistently been low week in and week out.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how many other games around the league do you think had "if only 2-3 plays were slightly different its a totally different game"

they happen - but unfortunately, our offense production has consistently been low week in and week out.

That's fine. I understand that it happens every game.

But if you go through the post about last weeks game, no one is blaming Hackett. He's using the fact that they didn's score 20 points. Yet he marches in here, completely ignoring the fact that most people agree Hackett called a fairly good game. There were lots of plays we hadn't seen before. Receivers were running open etc. Hackett could have called a good game and the Bills could have not scored. those things can happen at the same time. There is only so much he can control in play calling and scheme. He can't control fumbles. He can't control an inaccurate Kyle Orton.

That's fine. I understand that it happens every game.

But if you go through the post about last weeks game, no one is blaming Hackett. He's using the fact that they didn's score 20 points. Yet he marches in here, completely ignoring the fact that most people agree Hackett called a fairly good game. There were lots of plays we hadn't seen before. Receivers were running open etc. Hackett could have called a good game and the Bills could have not scored. those things can happen at the same time. There is only so much he can control in play calling and scheme. He can't control fumbles. He can't control an inaccurate Kyle Orton.

as an offensive coordinator, working with orton on accuracy and everyone on ball security isnt something thats just completely off his plate. that we lead the league in fumbles 2 years in a row suggests that there is some disconnect between his coaching and ball security, for instance.

i think he called a better game, for sure. but thats a low bar to clear for me as i think some were downright bad, and this one was decent. when the range is consistently between bad and decent, and you see those issues like leading the league in fumbles again, its hard to let the coordinator off the hook.

All those things are reasons that contributed to the loss. I have to disagree with your statement about Hackett though. When the Bills ran the ball down the field and had a second and two from the three yard line, why did he decide to start throwing at that time? He now decides to out-think himself against the number one rated pass defense. Why? That series screamed for RUN!!!!..When the Jets had a depleted secondary, he runs and runs some more, but now he decides it's time to pass? I was dumbfounded. Also, why the urgency to throw 4 balls into the endzone on the last series from the fourteen? Perplexing to say the least.

I dont disagree. I am not a Hackett fan. I wanted him gone last year. But those four throws? Two should have been TDs if KO nakes the right read or better throw. That is execution not playcalling.

I really cant believe I am defending him. Maybe I am just defending my opinion.

Even an experienced veteran journeyman QB who doesn't turn the ball over can't elevate this team by himself. 9 points this week, 13 last week

The Bills rushes per play average for the Dolphins was 2.8 with 19 rushes for 54 yards vs 39 passes for Orton.

The red zone offense was bad with EJ, and just as bad with Orton

7 penalties for 70 yards on the Bills

I know I'd trade Hackett for the Dolphins OC, and I have no idea who he is.

I posted this in the fire hackett thread that was closed so I'll put it here:

Hackett should NEVER have been hired. How could they really expect a kid to come into the NFL and run a professional offense? Just a terrible decision. Hackett is not ready to coach in the NFL. Marrone wil pay the price for not going out and bringing in an offensive coordinator with more experience. This speaks to the arrogance of Marrone. He brought in quality defensive guys, so why bring some kid that is clearly in over his head? This is on Marrone, and he will lose his job because of it. And another thing..where was this cutting edge, innovative coach that I heard about when they hired Marrone? Are we sure we got the right Marrone? Is he an imposter? Maybe he's Dick Jauron in disguise?

Hackett should NEVER have been hired. How could they really expect a kid to come into the NFL and run a professional offense? Just a terrible decision. Hackett is not ready to coach in the NFL. Marrone wil pay the price for not going out and bringing in an offensive coordinator with more experience. This speaks to the arrogance of Marrone. He brought in quality defensive guys, so why bring some kid that is clearly in over his head? This is on Marrone, and he will lose his job because of it. And another thing..where was this cutting edge, innovative coach that I heard about when they hired Marrone? Are we sure we got the right Marrone? Is he an imposter? Maybe he's Dick Jauron in disguise?

Marrone and his partner were never worth a crap at Syracuse....the competition level at SU was about 10% the NFL. We got Peter Principled, again.

The guy is an arrogant little dipstick too. I think he knows he is in way over his head and doesn't give a damn because he is just padding his resume while learning how to do his job from Kyle Orton.

Now think back to last year with three rookie QB's on the roster and this bozo coaching them. The blind leading the blind with no vet QB or QB coach. Both Marrone and Hackett need to go.

I hope Pegula doesn't listen to Russ Brandon spew his BS about continuity, and goes out and hires his senior adviser. Then he suggests hiring a president for the football side of the operations. Who in turn fires the entire staff except Schwartz. Whaley will take some serious heat this off season for trading away that 2015 #1 & #4 pick for a WR when the team still needs that franchise QB.

I'll be honest. I was defending Marrone a little too much. The baffling punt at the end was the last straw.

Yea I'm right there as well. Down 2 scores and you choose to punt? I'm honestly at a loss for words. Although I think if they went for it, I wouldnt have trusted Kyle Orton to complete the pass. Man was he off, again.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be honest. I was defending Marrone a little too much. The baffling punt at the end was the last straw.

Ahhh the Truth at last!... Now if we could only hear the truth about Hackett. :lol:

All we Bills fans want to see is a winning season alone with more wins, and the playoffs. The last two wins have been great, and we can only hope the Bills have more then just a good defense against the Broncos, Packers, Patriots.

Ahhh the Truth at last!... Now if we could only hear the truth about Hackett. :lol:

All we Bills fans want to see is a winning season alone with more wins, and the playoffs. The last two wins have been great, and we can only hope the Bills have more then just a good defense against the Broncos, Packers, Patriots.

He was brutal again yesterday. The design of his offense is so poor. I'll give one quick example from yesterday. I think that Goodwin only played 1 offensive snap (at least that I remember). So everyone in the building knew that they were going to take a shot downfield to him. Before the snap they sent Hogan in motion to his side of the field which predictably made sure that the safety would be over the top. It didn't end up effecting the play but why wouldn't you try to pull the safety away from the side of the field where you were taking a shot?

He was brutal again yesterday. The design of his offense is so poor. I'll give one quick example from yesterday. I think that Goodwin only played 1 offensive snap (at least that I remember). So everyone in the building knew that they were going to take a shot downfield to him. Before the snap they sent Hogan in motion to his side of the field which predictably made sure that the safety would be over the top. It didn't end up effecting the play but why wouldn't you try to pull the safety away from the side of the field where you were taking a shot?

You and your conventional thinking. Hackett is being innovative Kirby... he is fooling opponents by doing exactly what they expected him to do.... but because they expected him to do it they deended something else.... he is the king of the double bluff..... tsssccchhh I mean.... get with the picture. Obviously.

[/irony]

It was third and short and they take a shot at the end zone with a guy who has one catch all year. Then they punt. WTF?!? Keep the drive alive, you idiot, instead of taking a LOW percentage shot at a touchdown.

STOP! Logic will not be tolerated! I also liked the way they kept running motion to bring another defender into the box on running plays. But Hack-it loves the challenge.