Hackett is bad, like very bad

Or maybe the players on the WHOLE team won those games for the coaching.

I am on this wagon...FIRE HACKETT. He has been terrible in just about every way. He is predictable, forces square pegs into round holes, doesn't build around the personnel and instead forces his offense, doesn't game plan around the weaknesses of the opponent, and is a terrible at adjusting at half time.

His GM gave him road graders who can't get out into space for plays that CJ excels at. How is this Hackett's fault?? He was given a power running team.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just look what Hackett has done to three QBs in less than two years. Teul went from backup to practice squad. Lewis went from backup to out of the league. Manuel went from starter to backup. Not saying it's all Hacketts fault as there is also a QB coach, the overall quality of the QB to begin with and a piss poor offensive line.. But his play calling hasn't done them any favors either.

Hackett did that to them? Really?

GO BILLS!!!

Just look what Hackett has done to three QBs in less than two years. Teul went from backup to practice squad. Lewis went from backup to out of the league. Manuel went from starter to backup. Not saying it's all Hacketts fault as there is also a QB coach, the overall quality of the QB to begin with and a piss poor offensive line.. But his play calling hasn't done them any favors either.

This makes zero sense.

Should have worded the first sentence differently. Obviously some can't comprehend a whole paragraph.....my bad for the faux paus. Under Hacketts play calling the whole offense has not gotten any better, and seems to be regressing. Kyle Orton has had to play his butt off to eke out 2/3 wins.

Edited by Not Again

2/3 what??? oh. wins. you get those how? oh. by scoring more points than the other team. And how many points has the D scored in those wins? oh. None.

For regressing, I'm digging the results.

Perhaps some can't comprehend that scoring more points wins games.

The pure raw emotional reaction to Hackett is breathtaking to watch.

I just find it hilarious that people fell hard for Gailey and his "amazing" offense, which put up almost identical stats to Hackett's. And that is with ONE QB: HIS chosen son Fitzpatrick who could NEVER be challenged as starter.

Meanwhile Hackett has had a steady rotation of EJ, Tuel, and Lewis, and now Orton.

But with Chan those exact same statistics were SO EXCITING!

lol

Solid straw man argument there. You argued against nothing he said.

2/3 what??? oh. wins. you get those how? oh. by scoring more points than the other team. And how many points has the D scored in those wins? oh. None.

For regressing, I'm digging the results.

Perhaps some can't comprehend that scoring more points wins games.

Maybe we score more than bad teams. When we hit a good team, our O looks like crap. Detroit had to have a cadaver kicking for us to win. Hackett doesn't know how to create an offense around the players he has. He's out of his depth IMO. But it looks like he's going to come in with and leave with Marrone.

It never ceases to amaze me when fans on a message board think they know more about the players and teams than one of the coordinators.

There are really only about 5-6 different styles of offenses to run, in general terms. Do you think that the 2-3 TE, power running game offense is the best style to run with this particular collection of players we have on the Bills right now? Considering the TEs and RBs and WR and QB and OL?

hacket would look much worse if we didnt have a good D, much worse, its been 2 games now where we barely won, and miami had a st td, or maybe we lose that too. Hacket has plays where wrs all run the same routes or dont really spread the field. he runs from shotgun on too many plays. wont run on 3rd down and 1. his wrs are high talent but barely get the ball. He sucks, not kevin killbride or joe pendry sucks, but sucks non the less.

Hackett does suck. We need an experienced OC. Let's see which HC gets fired this off-season and grab them as coordinator like we did with Schwartz on D

Just for the record he is experienced, he has a season and a half as a NFL OC and some time as a College OC.

Also, people saying we are not using CJ in screens seem not to understand that the way a screen works, for it to work the offensive line needs to move around and set up the screen. The O-Line can hardly block, they certainly are not shifting to get into space for screens!

I am not saying he is good or not but he can not call for the talent he has do what they are not capable of doing, that would truly be a sign of a poor OC.

This makes zero sense.

the qbs all getting demoted makes alot of sense. if hackett was good hed do what flutie did for our "horrible o line in 98" make us all forget they sucked and make them look good. Orton probably says "f that" to half of what hackett calls, and so we still pull out some wins, but i give orton the credit, and the D, but hacketts pretty worthless.

It never ceases to amaze me when fans on a message board think they know more about the players and teams than one of the coordinators.

With NFL Game Rewind and All-22, it doesn't take a genius to watch the film and see what this team does poorly. It doesn't take a genius to know that when you run as many 2 WR sets as we do then defenses are able to stack the box and running into a crowd of people doesn't always yield the greatest results.

There are really only about 5-6 different styles of offenses to run, in general terms. Do you think that the 2-3 TE, power running game offense is the best style to run with this particular collection of players we have on the Bills right now? Considering the TEs and RBs and WR and QB and OL?

Was it the best style when EJ was the QB? I think you could make a decent argument it was. What did you expect, a complete change in scheme, plays, as well as gameplanning for teams midweek?

I'll echo the above... collapsing the offense makes it more difficult for a bad offensive line to block, not easier. The pressure that has been the most harmful to the Bills offense all year has come from the middle, not the edge. Yes, there have been edge lapses that have hurt the team, but the running game has been made impotent by the fact our guards simply cannot handle one on one matchups -- let alone one on two.

Spreading the field, using 3 or 4 WRs helps the offensive line block and pass protect better. It might sound counter intuitive to some, but it's just how it is. When you have a QB who can make quick decisions, calling hot routes at the line can neutralize most blitzes where your five linemen would be out numbered.

Kelly's said it more eloquently, but it bears repeating. The people thinking using two or three TE packages is helping the woeful offensive line are simply incorrect. It's hindering them by allowing teams to keep extra LBs or DL on the field, making the men in the middle's job that much more impossible, on top of keeping more talented players like Williams, Hogan and Goodwin off the field.

Edited by GreggyT

Was it the best style when EJ was the QB? I think you could make a decent argument it was. What did you expect, a complete change in scheme, plays, as well as gameplanning for teams midweek?

Marrone and Hackett have bragged that they have all kinds of different styles of offenses. The playbook has 500 plays. Every team in the league has spread plays and formations and 3-4-5 WR sets. They don't really have to change a thing except their stubborn insistence on forcing something that isn't working and doesn't have the players to do it and keeps good players on the bench. All they have to do is snap their fingers and that offense is in the game plan and they practice those plays all week, like, as Orton said after the game, they practiced the three TE play(s) all week.