Hackett is bad, like very bad

I'm more worried about Marrone

What is his expertise? What is it that he brings to the table?

Think about it.

Chip Kelly: offense. Rex Ryan: defense. Hoody: defense and cheating. You can go down the list for most NFL coaches.

Marrone is a former lineman and supposed offensive guru who doesn't call his own plays and can't seem to fix the line. What is his calling card?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. And not just the guards. For what it's worth, profootballfocus has Seantrel as the 2nd worst rating of all tackles. He's been, in his own way, just as bad as Pears. The young guys do have size and talent, but 2 rookies on the line, plus the out of position (and crap to begin with) Pears is a recipe for the disaster going on right now. Defenses are exploiting the inexperience with stunts every week. At TBD we tend to obsess over two possible partial fixes: (1) playing Urbik at LG instead of Richardson; (2) signing Incognito and sitting Richardson or Pears. PFF has a different idea: (3) play Hairston, sit Seantrel. PFF says Hairston actually graded out positive in 2012. I like (1) + (3). Right now. (I hate (2))

I say you do all three - play Urbik at LG, play Incognito at RG, and play Hairston at RT(hell he was playing LT before we drafted Glenn)

It doesn't have to be Incognito, I find it hard to believe on 31 other teams' practice squads there is not one guard we could sign the might play better than what we have besides Urbik.

Edited by A Dog Named Kelso

I say you do all three - play Urbik at LG, play Incognito at RG, and play Hairston at RT(hell he was playing LT before we drafted Glenn)

It doesn't have to be Incognito, I find it hard to believe on 31 other teams' practice squads there is not one guard we could sign the might play better than what we have besides Urbik.

Correct. It's not too late to do a total line makeover, but it will be too late if they don't get it done during the bye week. Nobody needs Incognito, but there have got to be better linemen out there on practice squads or who've been cut. I think everyone agrees that the only starters to keep are Wood and Glenn (not that they've been impressive either, but it is kind of a group project so they're no doubt dragged down by the other 3); the rookies can be the bench depth. Pears can be a mighty impressive Costco warehouse stocker.

Correct. It's not too late to do a total line makeover, but it will be too late if they don't get it done during the bye week. Nobody needs Incognito, but there have got to be better linemen out there on practice squads or who've been cut. I think everyone agrees that the only starters to keep are Wood and Glenn (not that they've been impressive either, but it is kind of a group project so they're no doubt dragged down by the other 3); the rookies can be the bench depth. Pears can be a mighty impressive Costco warehouse stocker.

Looks like the Panthers found one:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11740004/charles-godfrey-released-carolina-panthers

Totally agree with you. I just do not understand why Marrone, who has shown a willingness to make changes, keeps him around..

That is kind of difficult to do mid season. Specially with a winning record.

However running a gassed boobie up the middle over and over should raise some eyebrows... But does it? Or is all good on offense according to Hacky/Marron5?

I'm more worried about Marrone

What is his expertise? What is it that he brings to the table?

Think about it.

Chip Kelly: offense. Rex Ryan: defense. Hoody: defense and cheating. You can go down the list for most NFL coaches.

Marrone is a former lineman and supposed offensive guru who doesn't call his own plays and can't seem to fix the line. What is his calling card?

He wears McHammers gear for games?

There was one game like 2 or 3 weeks ago. I was like wt hell is he wearging. A jump suit. McHammer's hand me downs. Medical one piece suit. It was awful. I wonder if we won that game.

Edited by Clippers of Nfl