My 10 cents on the game.....

BmarvB

1) Sammy Watkins is going to be a very good receiver for the Bills.

2) Hogan and Chandler were clutch when they needed to be.

3) O-Line came through in the clutch but the guards are still the weak link of the offense.

4) Say what you want about Orton, but he's coming through at crunch time despite his shortcomings (I hope EJ is taking good notes)!

5) I'm STILL not sold on Nate Hackett (I'll say this a few more times throughout the season).

6) The defense still has a way of giving up big games to RB's that have no business getting 100 yards on them.

7) Sacks, turnovers, and those dang ill-timed penalties. A better team would have blown them out.

8) Jerry Hughes is going to the Pro Bowl this year.

9) Is it just me, or are Robert Woods & Mike Williams being grossly under used in this offense.

10) Who cares if it was ugly, a win is a win!! GO BILLS!!!!

9) Is it just me, or are Robert Woods & Mike Williams being grossly under used in this offense.

Well, Mike Williams - the argument could be made.

But, neither of the players are being thrown to and that's mostly on Orton.

I have to agree with you on that one. Mostly on Orton, but Hackett has to take responsibility too. What is he designing to get them more involved?

FWIW, the only time I noticed Williams on the field was on a punt return. Guess w/ the injuries, he was forced into svc.

As we found out last week (when Watkins was seldom thrown to), plays have a designated 1st read, then a progression. Orton sez he goes through his progression & throws it to the 1st one that's open. If the primary rcvr is usually open, he doesn't need to find (another) open rcvr. So it would appear that their lack of use is more attributable to the play caller (Hackett) rather than Orton (who's just doing as he's instructed).

I will say Orton sucks. He has cost the team more points than he has produced. If the Jets game was a home game I would start EJ. I think it is very likely EJ plays next week either due to injury or bad play. It is not all Orton's fault. A better offensive line would let him use his experience and better overall accuracy. But with this line he is a tragedy. With this line they need athleticism from the QB spot.

I will say Orton sucks. He has cost the team more points than he has produced. If the Jets game was a home game I would start EJ. I think it is very likely EJ plays next week either due to injury or bad play. It is not all Orton's fault. A better offensive line would let him use his experience and better overall accuracy. But with this line he is a tragedy. With this line they need athleticism from the QB spot.

What? Do you really think the Bills win either the Lions game or the game today with EJ at QB? Orton has his limitations like most QB's but he is head and shoulders better than EJ and he was absolutely clutch today.

I have to agree with you on that one. Mostly on Orton, but Hackett has to take responsibility too. What is he designing to get them more involved?

How can you design a play that has to get it to your outside guys in press or man coverage in less then 2 seconds?

Those guys can't beat their man in just 2 seconds, but I can tell you who can get beat in two seconds = the OL.

So do you guys want the ball thrown to Sammy or not ?

Woods was targeted 5 times today for and caught 4 of them .

last game he was targeted 10 and caught 7

I agree with you, I was wondering if Orton's turnovers and immobility behind a poor offensive line justifies his 300 yards passing over EJ's ultra conservative but mobile play. Orton as a passer is obviously better but he is costing us at least 2 turnovers a game. Outside the JJ Watt pick EJ is generally decent at limiting turnovers. Neither are good QBs but they are all we have so its a really pointless debate

He's taken a step back. A lot of that has to do with the fact he's not getting any help from Richardson -- ditto with Wood.

I actually re-watched some of the plays when Glenn was beaten, and it was largely due to Richardson-- e.g., Richardson picked up the wrong guy on a stunt.

I don't get how stunts are confusing both guards so much-- haven't they seen and played against stunts in their 20 years of playing organized football?

So do you guys want the ball thrown to Sammy or not ?

Woods was targeted 5 times today for and caught 4 of them .

last game he was targeted 10 and caught 7

Does it matter? I'm not making an argument for any player over another. Some can do more with the ball then others but I am happy just getting completions.

How can you design a play that has to get it to your outside guys in press or man coverage in less then 2 seconds?

Those guys can't beat their man in just 2 seconds, but I can tell you who can get beat in two seconds = the OL.

Of course you can. Teams get killed by QBs beating the blitz in two seconds all the time. You throw slants and WR screens, and you don't bunch everyone close to the line so the defense has 8-9 in the box and have 1-2 extra LBs in the game instead of Dbs.

Of course you can. Teams get killed by QBs beating the blitz in two seconds all the time. You throw slants and WR screens, and you don't bunch everyone close to the line so the defense has 8-9 in the box and have 1-2 extra LBs in the game instead of Dbs.

The fact we have still yet to see ONE screen to Sammy, or one reverse, is amazing to me. We're 7 games into the season... it's criminal.

Does it matter? I'm not making an argument for any player over another. Some can do more with the ball then others but I am happy just getting completions.

well last week he was targeted 10 times and caught 7 and people complained Sammy didn't get he ball enough and when samy gets the ball this week and now Woods is being underutilized ans its because Orton isn't targeting them .

You said neither guy was being thrown to but Woods has been thrown to Hogan has been thrown to Chandler has been thrown to

its only one ball