My 10 cents on the game.....

BmarvB

Of course you can. Teams get killed by QBs beating the blitz in two seconds all the time. You throw slants and WR screens, and you don't bunch everyone close to the line so the defense has 8-9 in the box and have 1-2 extra LBs in the game instead of Dbs.

see below:

The fact we have still yet to see ONE screen to Sammy, or one reverse, is amazing to me. We're 7 games into the season... it's criminal.

and we're not running those plays because we are stupid.

I found great irony that it was not until CJ Spiller was out of the game that we spread the offense out and played a Gailey style of offense.

well last week he was targeted 10 times and caught 7 and people complained Sammy didn't get he ball enough and when samy gets the ball this week and now Woods is being underutilized ans its because Orton isn't targeting them .

You said neither guy was being thrown to but Woods has been thrown to Hogan has been thrown to Chandler has been thrown to

its only one ball

people are stupid and morons.

see below:

and we're not running those plays because we are stupid.

I found great irony that it was not until CJ Spiller was out of the game that we spread the offense out and played a Gailey style of offense.

We really didn't. On a 3rd and four we had three TE and one WR and Boobie split wide. We still ran 2-3 TEs most plays until the last drive when we HAD to pass. Oh, and we went right down the field and scored.

I will say Orton sucks. He has cost the team more points than he has produced. If the Jets game was a home game I would start EJ. I think it is very likely EJ plays next week either due to injury or bad play. It is not all Orton's fault. A better offensive line would let him use his experience and better overall accuracy. But with this line he is a tragedy. With this line they need athleticism from the QB spot.

Have you noticed that despite being a good athlete, EJ provides little to no athleticism at the "QB spot" ??? He can run, but he doesn't. He has the tools to escape pressure in the pocket, but he doesn't. He has no feel for the game of football on any level.

Orton isn't a hell of a lot better. We all know that. But stop with the "EJ's athleticism" stuff. We don't see it enough for it to be a relevant factor in evaluating EJ's game.

Consider him the least mobile QB of all time. That's closer to how he plays.

Have you noticed that despite being a good athlete, EJ provides little to no athleticism at the "QB spot" ??? He can run, but he doesn't. He has the tools to escape pressure in the pocket, but he doesn't. He has no feel for the game of football on any level.

Orton isn't a hell of a lot better. We all know that. But stop with the "EJ's athleticism" stuff. We don't see it enough for it to be a relevant factor in evaluating EJ's game.

Consider him the least mobile QB of all time. That's closer to how he plays.

The coaches don't want EJ to run and won't let him run.