Better deal Second rounder for Harvin or Two Firsts for Watkins?

Harvin has been in the league over 5 yrs, is on his 3rd team, has never had 1000 yd season, and has a 10 mill cap hit. He is always hurt, and reportedly a malcontent.

Watkins is a 21 yr old #1WR on a rookie deal for 5 years with the work ethic of a UDFA combined with unique, elite ability at the position.

Lemme think.

Harvin is prone to injuries and migraines. He is a kick good returner and deep pass threat, The guy has done nothing since Minnesota and don't see him more than a deep route runner. Watkins has a huge upside. I am sticking with him over Harvin.

Watkins SMH... Harvin isn't worth anything, He will be hurt soon (probably against us). Same people who wanted Ebron in the draft say they'd want Harvin. We should have broke the bank for Decker too huh? Watch the players play and don't listen to everything said on a NFLN or ESPN. Potential means nothing if not realized and he has had opportunity. You would have to give me a 2nd and Harvin just to put him on my team.

Edited by SJDK

Harvin has been in the league over 5 yrs, is on his 3rd team, has never had 1000 yd season, and has a 10 mill cap hit. He is always hurt, and reportedly a malcontent.

Watkins is a 21 yr old #1WR on a rookie deal for 5 years with the work ethic of a UDFA combined with unique, elite ability at the position.

Lemme think.

Amazing how people think ONE PLAYER is gonna make a team GREAT.... Instantly. The Harvin thing means little and I agree with your take, Yo. The Seahawks benefit because now they have the space (hopefully for them) to sign Russel W..

Harvin is just a name, a headcase and a WR who has never broken 1000yds and never will, I give my armchair GM promise. I'd do the Watkins deal all over again, if this guy had a top 20 QB he would be on pace for 1500yds, he IS just that talented.

i agree on the QB part... I think orton can get him the ball though. He's only played with him for 2 games total ... And doubt they had many reps together in practice before about 3 weeks ago. I'm optimistic.

Amazing how people think ONE PLAYER is gonna make a team GREAT.... Instantly.

Good point, but a great guard would be quite helpful. Instantly. Stick our backup center at RG and put a Pro Bowler at LG and everything would look different. I don't think we're that far away.

Amazing how people think ONE PLAYER is gonna make a team GREAT.... Instantly. The Harvin thing means little and I agree with your take, Yo. The Seahawks benefit because now they have the space (hopefully for them) to sign Russel W..

I thought we used 2 first round picks on one player to "win now". Not to get him three targets against our most hated divisional foe (can't call them a rival since we can't beat them more than once a decade). Lets face Whaley has been with the team in a senior personnel role for five years. He had any idea how to make this into a playoff team, it would have happened by now. Time to clean house.

I thought we used 2 first round picks on one player to "win now". Not to get him three targets against our most hated divisional foe (can't call them a rival since we can't beat them more than once a decade). Lets face Whaley has been with the team in a senior personnel role for five years. He had any idea how to make this into a playoff team, it would have happened by now. Time to clean house.

the GM, HC and OC can't tell the QB where to throw the ball during the play. He went through his reads. Better results last time (Detroit) and better results next time. Edited by YoloinOhio

Good point, but a great guard would be quite helpful. Instantly. Stick our backup center at RG and put a Pro Bowler at LG and everything would look different. I don't think we're that far away.

Nothing to add to that in our case. You make an excellent point, and an exception to what I stated above.

This here is a good example (on the other hand) of how one player does not make a team great. You've supported my original comment. I wish I could argue with all of your post, but I really cant. Because...you are probably right !!

You're not sure you wouldn't trade sammy Watkins for Harvin? The guy that gets injured every year and gets paid 11 mill a year the next 4 years? Ill take sammy every day all day. No question. No debate. Don't think there's a GM in the league that would debate either. Harvin is a niche player. Watkins is a true number 1.

This is the most talented team we've had in 15+ years. He's been our GM for 1.5 years. We needed a QB. We drafted one. He didn't pan out. He had a backup plan and executed it. We're 3-3. A week ago we were talking division title. One loss later, our GM needs to be fired. We have a very talented team. Our OC is getting dominated. Our QB is mediocre. There will be bumps in the road back to the playoffs. Last week was one of them. A few more bumps and the OC will need to be removed. Most likely next season if we fail to make the playoffs or improve our offense. I'm sure he will be looking at any opportunity to land an upgrade at QB. Give Whaley time. Just because he's been with the team for 5 years, doesn't mean he's the reason we aren't in the playoffs. Grow up. Wake up. Do something besides make these ridiculous posts. It's painful. If we don't make the playoffs this season, Doug Whaley isn't the reason.