Who is the HC Next Year

RyanC883

Who is Bills HC Next Year (assuming no playoffs)   

202 members have voted

1. 1. Who is Bills HC Next Year--Not who you want, but who you think.

• Marrone gets another year
    • Schwartz
    • Frank Reich
    • Rex Ryan
    • Nate Hackett (had to)
    • Harbaugh
    • Someone else (list choice in comments)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been saying it for weeks. I think there's a very good chance that Bill Cowher is our next HC.

Well, technically Jim Schwartz will be our next HC but that'll be interim when Marrone is sent packing just after we get embarrassed on Thursday night in Miami.

Marrone will be the head coach of this team if he is better then 5 wins.

That win total is not guaranteed.

Greg Roman

He seems like a safe bet to take over in SF when they trade Harbaugh

I don't think Marrone will get fired on results. I really think we will be 5-3, that isn't because of Marrone but because there are some very talented plyers on this team and Minnesota and the Jets are not very good, and from there I think we find a way to eek 2-3 more wins out and finish at least 7-9. But he has to be told to fire Hackett or go in the off-season. He is way over his head. I'm not even going to bang on about play calling because I think that is the the thing all fans think they can do better, 'cos they do it on Madden. It is the whole way the offense is conceptulised. Can somebody actually tell me what the scheme the Bills are running offensively is? It's a mess. There are bits of a traditional west-coast attack, bits of the zone read, bits of a spread offense, bits of the hard running and play-action game.... it just doesn't hang together.

And I know you can argue that "taking the best bits from various schemes is a good thing" and I don't disagree... but surely you perfect something first and then add the wrinkles. At the moment we are trying to tie together this mix of schemes, none of which we are very good at. That's why our offense never looks in rythym, because there isn't any coherence to what we are trying to do. It's a bit of this, a bit of that and a bit of the other.

I voted Marrone because I expect Marrone to continue.

I might even want Marrone. I don't think he's doing a great job but I don't want to fire him just to fire him only to replace him with someone worse.

If The Chin wants to come coach Buffalo, though, I'm all for it.

I think Marrone (and Hackett) get one more year. Pegula seems like he can exercise a little more patience. This question would best be revisted after the end of the regular season.

Edited by jjmac

Ok, decided to start this poll, because right now the Marrone/Hackett regime has been a disaster. Perhaps it has reached its apex when Orton had to call off the punting team when the team was down 16 points with 6 minutes left, and the Patriots scoring on there last 4 drives.

Unfortunately, I think Marrone is back with a new OC.

I think the Oline sucks. Maybe Wood is not as good as we think he is. If they don't get that fixed, it does matter what the call is or who the coach is.

Any poster who brings up Bill Cowher obviously has no clue what they are talking about. The guy is never coaching again. Period. He's had numerous chances to come back and has said that he is extremely happy with his current, stress free gig. He loves spending the time with his family (being there for his children after his wife's passing especially) and has nothing left to prove in the coaching ranks. For the love of god, just move on people.

He didn't fail at Michigan, they just fired him too soon because their alumni are idiots. Hoke had a fantastic first year with all of Rodriguez's recruits, now they suck.

Rodriguez really has done nothing of note at Arizona, other than beating Oregon twice. He is not on any NFL coaching shortlists.

Rodriguez really has done nothing of note at Arizona, other than beating Oregon twice. He is not on any NFL coaching shortlists.

I know he has put together some good offenses. I don't know anything about his coaching style, and if it might be right for the NFL or not.

Is he at least as accomplished as Marrone at the college level?