Bills have a weak secondary

Tom Brady exposed the Bills secondary today. It wasn't just the dink and dunk stuff, it was also the intermediate and deep passes. McKelvin was beaten numerous times, especially on 2 TD's. I forgot who was the CB, but there was absolutely no reason for him to push the Pats WR in the end zone resulting in a pass interference penalty.

Tom Brady exposed the Bills secondary today. It wasn't just the dink and dunk stuff, it was also the intermediate and deep passes. McKelvin was beaten numerous times, especially on 2 TD's. I forgot who was the CB, but there was absolutely no reason for him to push the Pats WR in the end zone resulting in a pass interference penalty.

The secondary is going to be the defenses undoing. They haven't played all year IMO and I think it's going to get worse as the season goes on. As I said numerous times McKelvin should not be on an NFL roster as a CB, Gilmore is average, Roby is undersized and there is no depth at safety. Our best secondary players are Williams and Graham.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

You forgot the cb who had the horrible PI penalty in the endzone??? Are u kidding me??? Lol that's like Hackett forgetting to call the shotgun run up the middle to start EVERY game!!!! UN BILL EVABLE

The secondary is going to be the defenses undoing. They haven't played all year IMO and I think it's going to get worse as the season goes on. As I said numerous times McKelvin should not be on an NFL roster as a CB, Gilmore is average, Roby is undersized and there is no depth at safety. Our best secondary players are Williams and Graham.

I agree. I questioned the secondary in the preseason. With the run defense being much improved, teams are passing more on the Bills and the secondary is getting exposed.

Good thing Brady doesn't play QB for every team. :unsure:

Exactly. I mean, look at our schedule. Alex Smith, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady again. None of those guys have a chance to burn us, right?

Edited by FireChan

Mckelvin was exposed years ago. He's not the kind of corner for this defense.

Duke Williams play was putrid. McKelvin was toasted several times. Secondary was out of sync all game. Aaron Williams is a Safety who can cover like a corner and that was missed. Plenty of work to do this week for the coaching staff.

It's the NFL. Teams are going to pass and score. They can't stop everyone. They held for field goals early enough to win this game. A competent offense has the Bills leading 14-7 at the half.

The offense didn't play well in the first half but stepped it up in the 2nd half. The defense played good in the 1st half, but the secondary got burnt big time in the 2nd half.

He is not the kind of corner for any defense in the NFL.

+1

Really missed Aaron Williams back there today. He's been having a great year. Brady schooled the secondary today for sure, but I feel Williams would have made a difference.

GO BILLS!!!

This ^^^

They had to go one deeper at Safety and it bit them...I have no doubt whatsoever that a healthy AW would have made a difference in this game...

The Duke PI was just a terrible play...I don't know wtf that kid was thinking on that play...He literally handed the Pats a TD when he could have easily made a big play for his Defense...But sometimes it takes years for young DB to learn to turn back and look for the ball...Sometimes they never get it...The long TD pass was Graham's fault but it still took one of the best catches I've seen in a long time to convert it...On the games key 3rd down you have a Rookie LB as the only guy near Gronk...Not really a secondary thing as much as the called Defense...

I do wonder why Russ Cockrell is the odd man out...I know he's not a Safety, but the kid has cover skills and seems to me to be a more instinctive player with the ball in the air than Duke is...And Cockrell is not small either at 6-0-190...

I think the only things we really leaned today was that the demise of Tom Brady was greatly exaggerated...and that Aaron Williams is still the Bills best DB... B-)