Mike & Aaron Williams not active today vs. Patriots

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what input Orton might have had in sitting Williams? Hogan was targeted twice last week with two receptions. I think those were his first two of the season. In fact, I'm not sure if he was even on the field on offense until last week? IMO, Hogan continues to be underrated on these boards. There, I said it. If Orton has good chemistry with Hogan, great. And, so far, I have been underwhelmed by Williams. He's got a great highlight reel with other teams. But, I don't think he would have made that downfield catch Goodwin made last week. Everyone talks about how Williams is a big redone threat. But, I don't think our ineffectiveness in the redone is was for a lack of receiver talent.

I wonder what input Orton might have had in sitting Williams? Hogan was targeted twice last week with two receptions. I think those were his first two of the season. In fact, I'm not sure if he was even on the field on offense until last week? IMO, Hogan continues to be underrated on these boards. There, I said it. If Orton has good chemistry with Hogan, great. And, so far, I have been underwhelmed by Williams. He's got a great highlight reel with other teams. But, I don't think he would have made that downfield catch Goodwin made last week. Everyone talks about how Williams is a big redone threat. But, I don't think our ineffectiveness in the redone is was for a lack of receiver talent.

I was thinking this also. Orton worked mainly with the twos the first four weeks and may have developed that good chemistry you mention. I guess we will find out shortly.