Terry Pegula owning TWO sports team? Too much to handle?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering El Pegual now owns both teams the question is patently absurd. It was absurd weeks ago given El Pegual was accepted as a qualified bidder. It was absurd after his bid won. Yet, no one can answer question in straight terms. I got no time for your legalese. I will ask again:

Can El Pegual own BOTH the Buffalo Bills AND the Buffalo Sabres at the same time in accordance with NFL AND NHL bylaws? Why is this so hard?

Because you refuse to read the link provided earlier....

thats basically it. He will have people hired. He is going to want to be "involved" in the fun stuff like draft days, and trade deadlines, and press conferences, and games, etc. But it wont be too much. He isnt anywhere near the day to day grunt work that needs to be done in these organizations.

Just answer the question, please.

it's pretty simple: pegula is allowed to own two teams in buffalo, but the sabres/bills CANNOT make same-day trades with multiple teams in one geographic location. for example these trades would not be allowed to occur on the same day:

ej manuel for tony romo (dallas cowboys)

AND

tyler ennis for tyler sequin (dallas stars)

the reason these trades are illegal is because both players are located in dallas. this is a strict no-no. if the trades happened on separate days, they would be allowed. (keep in mind the bills could trade for romo and the sabres could trade for, say, eli manning on the same day, however).

i'm still unclear what would happen if the bills attempted to trade with the giants/jets on the same day as a sabres trade with the rangers/devils/islanders (since the giants/jets play in new jersey even though their names suggests otherwise). i'm sure this confusion will be cleared up in today's news conference with the pegulas.

anyway, hope this helps!

Now that we have established that the Pegulas can own both the Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres, maybe someone can check whether the Sabres can trade one of their three first round draft choices to the Bills.

Just joking "obviously" (to quote Doug Marrone).

What if McDavid goes and throws 40 TD passes. then they both could draft him

i dont see the answer anywhere in this reply. how can you call him lazy, when you are being lazy?

The answer was supplied several times with links to articles directly addressing the question. He, however, lives in fear of clicking on links. So then read the articles addressing this on the front page of Two Bills Drive. Short of that, there's Google. I know the answer. I've read the articles and did the research. I don't insist people do it for me and have a tantrum because I'm too lazy to read. Since you're so concerned about his source of knowledge, why don't you do the research and let him know?