Marcel Dareus named AFC Defensive Player of the Week

YoloinOhio

Going to keep tweaking Sullivan with stuff like this on Twitter until he mans up and acknowledges the idiocy of his "they should cut Dareus" take from this summer.

I would respect him so much more if he did but he won't. He called Mario a loser on WGR last offseason and never stated he was wrong. It's the great part of being a sports "journalist." Zero accountability. Guys like Sullivan, Skip Bayless, Cowherd are never wrong.

But he failed his conditioning test! They should have cut him. Honestly, being on the field is the best thing for him. He can be the best DT in the NFL if he wants to be. I pray his head is right and he stays focused.

You and me both. I was extremely critical of the azzhattery that his immaturity got himself in. It looks like his "come to jesus" meeting is paying dividends. Good for him. Good for us.

You and me both. I was extremely critical of the azzhattery that his immaturity got himself in. It looks like his "come to jesus" meeting is paying dividends. Good for him. Good for us.

I excused his behavior more than other players because the guy has been through a lot. I think he was working a lot of his issues out. Hopefully, that wil lbe the end of it. And if it is, how bad were those issues?

I excused his behavior more than other players because the guy has been through a lot. I think he was working a lot of his issues out. Hopefully, that wil lbe the end of it. And if it is, how bad were those issues?

Well said Biscuit. His errors are errors of immaturity and he hasn't had an easy life. Hopefully, they are cleaned up and he continues the terror that he is on.

Well said Biscuit. His errors are errors of immaturity and he hasn't had an easy life. Hopefully, they are cleaned up and he continues the terror that he is on.

And that's why Sullivan's tirade was even more inexcusable and shameful. Dareus hasn't lived the life of a spoiled and pampered athlete. Sullivan acted as though the tragedy in Dareus' life meant nothing and wanted to cut him as a result of a few immature actions. While I've often been critical of Sullivan's takes in the past, this one exposed him as a pretty miserable and unsympathetic human being.

Well, this (I hope) is the last I'll say on this. They were certainly within his capability to control, that's how bad, and it looks like he's doing just that. However, he still is haunted by a spectre and no matter what you, I or any other Bills fan or detractor will say - there's a piper that'll be calling him for payment of some kind.

I would respect him so much more if he did but he won't. He called Mario a loser on WGR last offseason and never stated he was wrong. It's the great part of being a sports "journalist." Zero accountability. Guys like Sullivan, Skip Bayless, Cowherd are never wrong.

With regard to Mario......I am a huge fan of his and was one of the very few on this forum who thought that it was both plausible and made sense for the Bills to pursue him in FA......but that said, why is he NOT a loser? He hasn't won. He signed with a team with a very mediocre outlook for the big money and the possibility of being out of the limelight, which he doesn't care for. That doesn't really scream that he is all about winning either.

It's like the guy in the thread complaining about the Jags owner's criticism of The Ralph pointing out that Khan has zero credibility because sports teams haven't been successful on the field........as if Pegula's have had success! :lol:

The inability to handle just criticism makes those fans look ignorant. Dareus earned the criticism. I certainly disagreed with any thought of cutting him and the precedent for dealing with such behavior had already been recently set by fellow draft classmates Von Miller and Aldon Smith. He wasn't getting cut. He's playing well now but the truth is that even now he is well below what he could be. When in shape he has the ability to be a dominant DE as well as a DT.