JW's Bills-Lions All-22 Review

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree with the quicker reads than last week. While this might (and hopefully) turns out to be true down the line. The reads last week where fine, it was the delivery and drops that killed the team. Also willingness to stand in the pocket? EJ was hit 16 times and sacked 2 twice. Not hijacking the thread into an EJ/Orton argument. Just saying sometimes people say these things that are blatantly false. I really don't get it at all, I think people just like to believe they are right rather than be actually informed. The reads where quick and correct last week, the delivery was the issue. Orton did a better job there, and that was about it. He left some plays out there, didn't make too many mistakes, and operated the offense more opportunistically than EJ did. The offense was better but only a little bit in my opinion, which should carry about as much weight as Jeremy White's

Orton sure does take some risks into tight windows, doesn't he? EJ sees that and doesn't chance it.

I'm sure we'll have games where those risks bite us in the ass, but at least he's trying to make plays, so we'll see if it works long(ish) term. :)

I disagree with the quicker reads than last week. While this might (and hopefully) turns out to be true down the line. The reads last week where fine, it was the delivery and drops that killed the team. Also willingness to stand in the pocket? EJ was hit 16 times and sacked 2 twice. Not hijacking the thread into an EJ/Orton argument. Just saying sometimes people say these things that are blatantly false. I really don't get it at all, I think people just like to believe they are right rather than be actually informed. The reads where quick and correct last week, the delivery was the issue. Orton did a better job there, and that was about it. He left some plays out there, didn't make too many mistakes, and operated the offense more opportunistically than EJ did. The offense was better but only a little bit in my opinion, which should carry about as much weight as Jeremy White's

Thank you Mango! I totally agree with your assessment.

Meh. I thought EJ was pretty quick to check short and missed at least a few downfiled reads. But who cares if he can read...he can't throw.

Meh. I thought EJ was pretty quick to check short and missed at least a few downfiled reads. But who cares if he can read...he can't throw.

Watching the game Sunday was very similar to watching the games with EJ. Most of the plays were short throws or dump off and most were inaccurate. Orton made a few nice throws downfield and a Beautiful deep ball to Marquise. I feel like the difference in the game was the play of everyone around Orton. He seemed to bring confidence to the offense. Sammy made catches he wasn't making last week and so did the other receivers. Whatever the reason, it worked. Let's hope it continues. I still have belief that EJ can be decent, but I'm hoping Orton plays well enough that we never have to find out (atleast not this year). I'm on the New England.

Except Jeremy White actually makes an argument with evidence as to why he believes "Orton gives the Bills offense a quicker read of the defense, more accurately placed throws, and a willingness to stand in longer, rather than take the first thing that might be available".

You, on the other hand, simpy say... he's wrong. No, wait, you say he's saying "things that are blatantly false". You offer nothing to convince anyone that they didn't see what they thought they saw both in week 4 and week 5 at QB. So, really, your opinion doesn't carry the same weight as White's in this instance. It's weightless, actually.

And, no, you weren't trying to hijack this into an EJ vs. Orton thread.....oy.

I just re watched the all 22 from that game. There weren't too many "downfield" reads missed. There also aren't many realistic downfield routes called and there was even less opportunity when you factor in OL play.

Again EJs weakness last week was the wonky throws. I posted it in another thread. Most of the terrible passes were to Woods. Not sure who is at fault probably both especially when you look at personnel decisions this week. EJ benched and Hogan saw what seemed to be more playing time.

Agreed

Except Jeremy White actually makes an argument with evidence as to why he believes "Orton gives the Bills offense a quicker read of the defense, more accurately placed throws, and a willingness to stand in longer, rather than take the first thing that might be available".

You, on the other hand, simpy say... he's wrong. No, wait, you say he's saying "things that are blatantly false". You offer nothing to convince anyone that they didn't see what they thought they saw both in week 4 and week 5 at QB. So, really, your opinion doesn't carry the same weight as White's in this instance. It's weightless, actually.

And, no, you weren't trying to hijack this into an EJ vs. Orton thread.....oy.

Sorry I don't have time to screen shot every single play I have seen these things. But ok. I watched the same exact all 22 Jeremy did the last 2 weeks and came away with something different.

Orton was significantly more accurate with the ball at times. Agreed. Didn't day EJ would be better, or should start.

Glad you added something to the thread though.

Sorry I don't have time to screen shot every single play I have seen these things. But ok. I watched the same exact all 22 Jeremy did the last 2 weeks and came away with something different.

Orton was significantly more accurate with the ball at times. Agreed. Didn't day EJ would be better, or should start.

Happy to help.

I don't think you can simply dismiss as "blatantly false" White's in depth review. Interjecting EJ is pointless anyway at this juncture. If he gets another chance to start this season, great for him.

If the Pats can't stack the box anymore, the bills should be able to move the ball on what is already a mediocre run D.

They did a much better job against the run vs. Cinci...mostly because they started Dominique Easley at RDE and reserved Chandler Jones for passing downs.

They may try to do the same against Buffalo, in which case I'd be taking deep shots early on...that front of Easley-Wilfork-Jones-Ninkovich isn't exactly a pressure front.

To be fair though, you would appear to be just a tad biased based on your signature....just making an observation...not really agreeing or disagreeing with anything anyone said or implied...but, it does appear you have a "favorite"...

Yet in the feel of the game and after watching the tape, the coaching staff came to a conclusion that a line up move needed to be made. If the difference in plays was as benign as you suggest, don't you think that EJ would still been the starter in Detroit?

Obviously, the difference was bigger than " The reads last week where fine, it was the delivery and drops that killed the team."

After looking at this I am rethinking my complaints regarding Spiller up the middle. Still, if a play doesn't work a half a dozen times why try it again? I mean let's work with the tools the team has!

Really? Rewatching the endzone plays are even more infuriating. There were many holes that he simply didn't hit, while Freddie consistently got 3-4 yards on same openings, and with EJ's speed he should pop one or two. Yet since he's never been able to see those openings, they should give up on him in the backfield and use him off the line.

Lining him behind the QB simply doesn't fool anyone, so may as well put him in the slot and get a defender off the line of scrimmage to cover the possible pass to CJ.