What do the Bills do for a fix at guard now?

I guess nothing. Marrone must like seeing Pears get blown up every game on numerous occasions. What happened to Urbik? They really don't think he can be any better?

> Marrone must like seeing Pears get blown up every game on numerous occasions.

For whatever reason, Marrone has been acting as though Pears is the apple of his eye. At some point, he needs to admit that putting Pears at RG has not been fruitful.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed, he was average, but at this point, average would be a huge upgrade.

He WAS average... but he was poor in pre-season and in his one regular season outing against San Diego he was awful. Granted Pears has managed 5 awful regular season displays and Urbik couldn't do much worse, however Williams and Richardson are both ahead of them both for me.

I guess nothing. Marrone must like seeing Pears get blown up every game on numerous occasions. What happened to Urbik? They really don't think he can be any better?

Apparently not. I'm guessing if they thought he was better he would play him, don't you?

I feel like Richardson is doing better than anyone else so far at left guard... curious why Pears is in at right guard instead of Urbik, though. Either way, there's no instant solution here, it'll need to be addressed during the offseason.

Can they wait that long ? Urbik is the only back up center.

Once Williams is healthy move Richardson over for Pears. The reason they have not done that already is clearly that two rooks

(especially CRichardson newbie) protecting the right side . That would be tough in regard enough repetitions next to each other.

Smart thing for now is move Richardson over for now. This kid going to be pretty good i think . In short order too.

fix right guard or O- blocking schemes ?

They should consider getting one then. Since they let a good one go at the start of the new regime.

I feel that pain too. Miss you Joe !

Pat Morris , you are going to have to work a little harder to gain my respect

The Bills have changed their offensive scheme and now he stinks. Similar to how Spiller went from a guy who looked like he might lead the NFL in rushing to stinking.

well this might very well be a fact Edited by 3rdand12

just watched all 67 offensive plays on NFL Rewind.

Cyril Richardson had 56 positive plays and 11 negative plays.

a negative play would be a missed block or penalty.

just did same thing for Erik Pears. WOW !! ... 65 positive and only 2 negative plays.

he was matched up against Suh for most of game. lots of chippy play between them. erik giving it right back to suh.

Is there a recent cut of a vet with half a season of football left in him?

Seems everyone agrees if Bills could improve the play of the guards this team would be a contender.

So new owner - open the wallet and try to win now!

no one out there. OL is done for this year. we have what we have. they'll get better. Richardson and Henderson are big raw talents. they'll figure it out after a few games. patience my son

just did same thing for Erik Pears. WOW !! ... 65 positive and only 2 negative plays.

he was matched up against Suh for most of game. lots of chippy play between them. erik giving it right back to suh.

went back and looked at Pears vs Houston.....only 4 negative plays.