Watkins trade revisited

Watkins trade revisited   

396 members have voted

1. 1. With what we know now would you make the same trade for Watkins?

• Yes, he's worth it
    • No, I would rather the pick

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point is, first round picks are 50-50 across the league. Watkins was a 95-5 to be very good and 50-50 to be a star. The Bills didnt have more than one stars, maybe Mario. Dareus is becoming one. You cannot win without stars.

Kiko is pretending you didn't say this....

I wasn't one of the people who voted against him after the game....I voted against it well before the game and stand by it. The Bills are still not a team who can afford doling out multiple first round picks for any position... When you watch - do they pass the eyeball test to you? Let's be honest, we have glaring NEEDS at QB, G, and TE.

That said, for ANY team, the only position worth multiple first rounders is the QB position. No knock on Sammy, he's a great rookie and has HOF potential....I just don't see the WR position as one worthy of multiple first rounders.

Agree on the multiple 1st rounders for a WR. Good production from both rookies...not great. Watkins needs to be like Randy Moss for me to believe this trade was worth it. WR is one of several positions I wouldn't mortgage future drafts with.

Kelvin Benjamin (28th) 34 rec, 477 yards, 5TD

Sammy Watkins (9th + 2015 1st + 2015 4th) 35 rec, 433 yards, 4TD

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

:lol:

He's not a star yet. He certainly could be. Man, I wish we had him on this defense.

You and me both. With how well Nigel has progressed, I can't wait to see them both back there together behind this front. I still have some hope it happens this season -- the Bills just need to keep winning to make that happen.

I hate trading up in the draft. I probably would have just stayed there and hoped Evans fell or picked Ebron. That said, yesterday, he showed he was a special talent. That pass from Orton had pick 6 all over it and he made an unbelievable catch to help us win a game.

It's such a risky trade but he can be one of the best wrs in the NFL.

I don't get the Bradford love. What has he really proven so far? He also has struggled with injuries since college. Way too risky for the amount he will cost IMO.

Please don't make a play for Bradford, he has shown little if anything, and cant' stay healthy

We want elite talent but we don't want to draft them too high because that's icky.

....No. Drafting them in the top is where they go....But, giving up multiple picks when you need so many others is not wise - especially WR - they're not the engine that makes it happen. Best example I can think of - Atlanta paid a similar ransom for Julio Jones and most people liked it because they had the franchise QB - this was seen as the move that puts them in the Super Bowl. We can agree - Julio is dynamic and everything they expected in the player? That said, many around the league attribute their fall from a playoff team to the pick because they lost opportunity to draft high in positions of need (OL, DL mainly). Even when the pick pans out, it's risky.

Agree on the multiple 1st rounders for a WR. Good production from both rookies...not great. Watkins needs to be like Randy Moss for me to believe this trade was worth it. WR is one of several positions I wouldn't mortgage future drafts with.

Kelvin Benjamin (28th) 34 rec, 477 yards, 5TD

Sammy Watkins (9th + 2015 1st + 2015 4th) 35 rec, 433 yards, 4TD

Different QB's throwing them the ball. And I don't think Benjamin has had a game with Revis on him yet.

From one of the Browns media guys (and former Bills CB) dustin Fox:

@DustinFox37: Yep. He's special. RT @nfldraftscout: That's why you trade up for Sammy Watkins.

@Martin_Uruguay: @DustinFox37 Farmer's worst decision as a GM.

Edited by YoloinOhio

....No. Drafting them in the top is where they go....But, giving up multiple picks when you need so many others is not wise - especially WR - they're not the engine that makes it happen. Best example I can think of - Atlanta paid a similar ransom for Julio Jones and most people liked it because they had the franchise QB - this was seen as the move that puts them in the Super Bowl. We can agree - Julio is dynamic and everything they expected in the player? That said, many around the league attribute their fall from a playoff team to the pick because they lost opportunity to draft high in positions of need (OL, DL mainly). Even when the pick pans out, it's risky.

How did they get that franchise QB? We weren't getting one with the 10th or middle round draft picks. Oh we have needs at QB, TE, G? So with the mid 1st round draft picks, you could get Manuel & Ebron!!!

From one of the Browns media guys (and former Bills CB) dustin Fox:

@DustinFox37: Yep. He's special. RT @nfldraftscout: That's why you trade up for Sammy Watkins.

@Martin_Uruguay: @DustinFox37 Farmer's worst decision as a GM.

When they have two decent 1st round picks, next draft, they probably won't be complaining much.

because their two 1st round picks from this year are awesome

Yep. they could cash in another banner draft like Trent Richardson and Brandon Weedon, the last time they had two.

Overall, the Browns #1 picks in this century have been better than most. But you don't know what Ray Farmer is going to do.

Our first round pick last year sucked. This year's pick turned out pretty good. Who's to say what will happen to them? They'll be happy to have two chances, though.

That's precisely the reason to make the trade. Teams usually hit with a very good player one out of two tries. Watkins is a star player, which is way, way, way better than a very good player.