Bills are #1 Rush D

TPS

Yes. Because how many teams have a QB on the level of a Tom Brady?

This defense is good enough to beat teams led by chumps like Cutler and Stafford. They were good enough to beat the Texans but our QB at the time had an all time bad game. This defense will surely be good enough against the up coming Bridgewater and Geno Smith.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i believe it does, because it makes the other team one dimensional. In 4 out of the 6 games, the QB didn't end up beating us through the air. I realize Houston won, but it wasn't due to Fitz passing all over us. Brady and Rivers did. But IMO, saying we "can't cover anyone" is a bit overstated. Yesterday was not good, but I wouldn't say that is the case week in and week out. AW was truly missed.

Gotta agree with this.

And consider the next couple of teams coming up aren't exactly "strong" at the QB position, this can only help. The Vikings and Jest want to run to help out their young QB's, this plays right into the Bills gameplan.

ok? So you dug up a post from last week, when it didn't mean squat, to say it means nothing now? Got it.

hold on to the Run D stats all you want. Are those blinders in Bills colors?

Does it matter how good they are vs the run when they can't cover anyone?

this is the point I have been trying to tell people.

Let them grasp at THE best thing about the defense. it makes them happy.

Gotta agree with this.

And consider the next couple of teams coming up aren't exactly "strong" at the QB position, this can only help. The Vikings and Jest want to run to help out their young QB's, this plays right into the Bills gameplan.

people are hoping for the easy schedule to rack up wins .... only to be crushed by real teams in December will only make the losing harder during the Holidays,.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

hold on to the Run D stats all you want. Are those blinders in Bills colors?

this is the point I have been trying to tell people.

Let them grasp at THE best thing about the defense. it makes them happy.

hoping for the easy schedule to rack up wins only to be crushed by real teams in December will only make the losing harder during the Holidays,.

just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean you need to insult me.

hoping for the easy schedule to rack up wins only to be crushed by real teams in December will only make the losing harder during the Holidays,.

You're right, they should just lay down and let teams run all over them, that'll solve the problem.

A lot of things have to go right to beat HoF QB's, that's just the way it is. Certainly, the Bills offense has to do it's part. But it can't hurt to shut down 1 part of the opposing offense. If the Bills were being run all over, it would only IMPROVE the performance of Brady, Manning, Rogers etc. So i'm not quite sure what you are arguing.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

insulting? really?

where?

did I call you an idiot? Did I say you were clueless?

you want insults? look what they have said to me!

you said I have blinders on, because I don't see their elite rush D as meaningless. In fact, I do not have blinders on. I am able to see both positives and negatives.

OMG.

really

I give up. you guys win. hope you are happy.

don't forget to make the Best Run D in 21014 posters for you wall.

no one is right or wrong 6 games in. I just don't see why you went and found a post from the day after the Lions win, when the run D was very instrumental in the win, and then comment on that post a week later, to call out the poster and say you hope he/she is happy.

So i'm not quite sure what you are arguing.

Neither is he. Some fans just need to be miserable. Used to be a guy here with the username ICE and it didn't matter what was going on with the Bills, he was always creating threads titled something like "LMFAO at you assclowns," and then go on a tirade about all the things wrong with the team.The Bills could have just shut someone out on their home turf, and he'd still explain why everyone was stupid and only he could see the real Bills.

what are you basing the "overall D ranking" on? I'm not seeing 14 or 15.

I think the #1 ranking should be ppg. Again, my point is that I think Schwartz's Defensive philosophy is significantly better than Pettine's, and his results are better. Schwartz has them focusing on stopping the run and making them one-dimensional.

i think pettine's D would have been better yesterday and against San Diego too. Both teams w Ninja qb's, 2nd and 3rd string runners, and will pick you apart unless you get to them.

Rivers and Brady don't care about how good you are against the run. Neither will Denver when we play them. If you have Duke Williams and Searcy out there at the same time you're going to give up 30+ every game.

i think pettine's D would have been better yesterday and against San Diego too. Both teams w Ninja qb's, 2nd and 3rd string runners, and will pick you apart unless you get to them.

Rivers and Brady don't care about how good you are against the run. Neither will Denver when we play them. If you have Duke Williams and Searcy out there at the same time you're going to give up 30+ every game.

we did see Pettines D against The Pats, twice. Was it better? It was in the passing game, but gashed in the run game. Gave up more points in each of the 2013 games than would have won yesterday. Edited by YoloinOhio

you said I have blinders on, because I don't see their elite rush D as meaningless. In fact, I do not have blinders on. I am able to see both positives and negatives.

no one is right or wrong 6 games in. I just don't see why you went and found a post from the day after the Lions win, when the run D was very instrumental in the win, and then comment on that post a week later, to call out the poster and say you hope he/she is happy.

That applies to EJ. the entire D and ST's. A loss is a loss is a loss no matter how well any one person or group played.

If "On the bright side" satisfies people so be it. I refuse to get sucked into false sense of security.

I agree that the Bills run defense is impressive and among the best in the league.

I don’t like the Bills defense vs. teams with great quarterbacks though. I think it is more of a scheme thing than a player talent issue.

Based on the two best quarterbacks we faced this year, Rivers and Brady, this defense doesn’t look so good. Stopping the run is great but you have to get after the quarterback. If you don’t get enough pressure on the good QB’s then you aren’t going to beat them. And if you can’t beat a team like San Diego or New England, then your team has no business making the playoffs. Even if you get there you won’t win.

That is my main beef with the Bills D. They have to get better at pressuring these really good quarterbacks. Schwartz appeared to learn nothing from playing Rivers. Obviously he can coach to stuff the run with a talented d line like Buffalo has. But can he pressure a really good QB? After two games the answer is NO. Will it be different when we play Manning or Rogers or Brady again? What reason is there to think it will be different?

All I know is that when Brady starts eating us up with his passing game in the past our team would fall apart against the run

That didnt happen this game

That is primarily why the game was close till the very end......Brady would eat us up for a while....then they would try to run the ball and we would stop them.

We get just a couple of bounces that go our way (and some ref calls) and we WIN that game

All I know is that when Brady starts eating us up with his passing game in the past our team would fall apart against the run

That didnt happen this game

That is primarily why the game was close till the very end......Brady would eat us up for a while....then they would try to run the ball and we would stop them.

We get just a couple of bounces that go our way (and some ref calls) and we WIN that game

which is why we probably don't beat Rodgers, Manning and Brady part 2 this year. They can put an offense completely on their shoulders and get a win. But the others...