Bills are #1 Rush D

TPS

No dude, you are wrong. The Bills are #1 in yards allowed per game on the ground. When people say #1 against the run, that's what they mean. Look again sir. They are 8th overall, 2nd in YPC The Bills are an elite defense right now however you look at it.

BWAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ELITE? that's funny.

call me when the Bills allow < 70 rushing yards and < 150 passing yards per game, create 2 INT's and 3 sacks per game

Then and only then will I call them ELITE!!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its easy. I click the link below

http://espn.go.com/n...osition/defense

and I see

Net Total Yards Leaders

14 Buffalo 1614 YDS 322.8 YDS/G

http://espn.go.com/n...osition/defense

Net Passing Yards Leaders

24 Buffalo 1259 YDS

like I said do the math .

the run is rated much higher than last season, the pass not so much, about the same as last season

1 run for 20 yards = 20YPC that doesn't mean it's reality

enjoy it, lets not put blinders on.

The Skins boasted the best D in the NFL 2 weeks ago. Where are they now?

about to get a butt whooping by Seattle

Man, for someone who was so critical about having incomplete data to reach a conclusion, this post was :thumbdown:

Dude for someone so confident, you may want to change everything to yards/game instead of yards, which is what the rankings default to. You see, some teams have had byes so naturally they will have given up less overall yards in one less game played.

one last time

STATS LIE. If you focus in on one item you are only fooling yourself.

The Bills RUN D is VERY GOOD. The rest is average.

one last time

I'd focus on the points, plays, and yards per drive metric. "Stats lie" isn't a convincing response.

Edited by dave mcbride

one last time

They are also #1 in 3rd down conversions, which is a direct result of their success with the run D. Are you really Mike Pettine?

They are also #1 in 3rd down conversions, which is a direct result of their success with the run D. Are you really Mike Pettine?

Pettine was a very, very good DC last season. Not as good as Schwartz this year so far, but light years beyond what preceded him.

Edited by dave mcbride

one last time

Either you are trolling or, simply put, you are the worst. Oh and the Bills are #1 in the NFL in 3rd down % allowed. You realize their defense has given up 20, 10, 20, 16 and 7 points so far? Why am I arguing with you anyway?

Rush D rankings have always been Ypg....

Whether or not somebody likes the stat it's how it gets measured officially.

Why pick at this?

Proud of this D! .....

+1 !!!!

I'd focus on the points, plays, and yards per drive metric. "Stats lie" isn't a convincing response.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&season=2014&seasonType=REG&role=OPP&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-p=1&conference=ALL&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&d-447263-s=TOTAL_POINTS_GAME_AVG

Pettine was a very, very good DC last season. Not as good as Schwartz this year so far, but light years beyond what preceded him.

Actually, the second half of the season that Wanny was the DC, the Bills looked much better (which was a surprise when I saw the stats somewhere a couple of years ago I think it was in the top 1/2 of the league and considering the amount of time they spent on the field that year, it did have to be expected). I find it interesting because in some respects what Schwartz did in a couple of games this year (including yesterday) is some what reminiscent of what Wanny wanted to do with the D. It is more about our secondary personnel being better this year IMO. But the D is looking very very good in anycase.

thanks, but I'll focus on the Wins and Losses.

all the rest is moot. as a safety can win a game.

2013 the Bills had 57 sacks and 23 INT's

6-9 is what it got them.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

The run defense is doing very well, but consider most opponents had weak O lines and was using backup RBs, so maybe it's not time to send Schwartz's sainthood application in to the Vatican just yet. Let's at least wait till Thanksgiving.

The Bills actually have the #1 rushing defense measured in YPG allowed. 71.0. Seattle is #2 at 72.3. Sounds great (and it is great) but that often means teams opt to pass more. I'll feel better when Gilmore and McKelvin cover better, and both Williams safeties tackle better. Who's gonna cover Gronk?

Does anyone know if Kyle Williams will be back to face the Pats? The Pats have gashed the Bills before and probably will figure they can do it again. It would help a lot to get KW back.

Edited by Utah John

BWAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ELITE? that's funny.

call me when the Bills allow < 70 rushing yards and < 150 passing yards per game, create 2 INT's and 3 sacks per game

Then and only then will I call them ELITE!!

You are really starting to get on my nerves. Has any defense in the history of football allowed under 70 yards rushing and 150 yards passing, intercepted 32 passes and gotten 48 sacks in a season? The Bills are a top 5 defense in the NFL right now. Period, end of story.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

I don't mean to be critical of Pettine, and it was a fun D to watch, but the old adage in football is true: run and stop the run. Marrone is an old school guy who believes in that, and I am sure he was very happy to help Pettine move into the HC ranks...

You are really starting to get on my nerves. Has any defense in the history of football allowed under 70 yards rushing and 150 yards passing, intercepted 32 passes and gotten 48 sacks in a season? The Bills are a top 5 defense in the NFL right now. Period, end of story.

Why don't we wait til the Bills D faces an elite offense til we make this call? Or til they play an entire season instead of 5 games, many of which were against poor or average teams.

5th in overall yards per play

5th in turnovers

11th in net yards per pass play

2nd(t) in yards per rush

23rd in pass percentage

4th(t) in interceptions

1st in sacks

5th in points per game given up (would like to see only offensive scores counted on this, but whatever)

2nd in opponent score percentage (opponents only score 24% of their drives on us)

5th in opponent average plays per drive

3rd in opponent average yards per drive

1st in opponent average points per drive

1st in opponent 3rd down conversion %

Looks like we have a damned good defense so far outside of coverage on pass plays.

Edited by Dorkington

Why don't we wait til the Bills D faces an elite offense til we make this call? Or til they play an entire season instead of 5 games, many of which were against poor or average teams.

And go back to posting on EJ? Nah, this is much more fun....

these rankings don't mean much. the only ranking that matters is wins and losses. we have 3 of one and 2 of the other. the rest doesn't matter much in todays NFL. turnover ratio and starter games lost to injury is probably the best stat to look at there is. turn the ball over 4 times and give up less than100 rushing and you lose every time.