Bills vs. Patriots: Week 6

Fadingpain

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Jet game followed a bye week and was our 3rd straight double-digit come from behind win, following the 77 Second Miracle & the night game vs. Oakland -which have us Home Field for the Championship Game. Long bomb TD to Lofton and last second TD catch by Jamie Mueller -of all people!

To the OPs thread, HUUUGE Game Sunday!

The Bills trailed in that game for 59:41 if I recall correctly. Kelly to Jamie for the win! It was insanity in that Stadium after that play!

Edited by Ted William's frozen head

With one exception, on any given pass play only eligible receivers can cross the line of scrimmage before either A) a pass crosses the line, or B) a defender touches the ball. The exception is on a forward pass that doesn't cross the line of scrimmage (like a screen or shovel pass). On such a play, the linemen can cross the line and be on their merry ways.

I think one aspect about this game that won't be talked about but should be is that there are a LOT of young players on this team who know nothing about the Pats' Brady/Belichick decade long dominance of the Bills and it's psychological effects that still has a firm grip on this organization and it's fans.

No, instead there are a LOT of young players on this team who grew up as fans of the NFL while Tom Brady was establishing a dynasty and breaking records. Oh, and he just blew out the last undefeated team in the NFL last week. No pressure.

Just like we reminded the Bungles of who they are, it's time we do the same with you.

Reality sets in next week fellas

We'll see. The Bengals looked flat but the *pats looked really good. I am not convinced you've solved your interior pass protection issues as Atkins isn't playing at 100%, but Dareus is. I'm not one to take the *pats lightly, and am not this game, but styles make fights and I don't think you have an answer for the Bills' front 7.

Edited by GreggyT

As usual, asleep at the wheel. Looks like Whaley learned from Nix.

The Pats receiving corp is lousy and Thompkins couldn't even get on their roster. Why would the Bills want him? Physically, he looks like he has the tools. It's likely that one reason he was cut is that he was challenged to remember the playbook. Hardly even a good intel pickup (for which you'd have to cut someone else). Let that team with stellar talent evaluators have him...the Raaaaaayders.

Edited by BisonMan

I can think of several cliches regarding this game: statement game, separate men from the boys, pretenders versus contenders, season defining.

After the early season chest thumping regarding the Bills' ascendance, this game gives a chance to prove it. You can bet Spikes will be pumped about this game. I hope KyleW and Bradham return.

Spikes is the guy that comes to mind. I can see him knocking Brady's head off.

The Pats receiving corp is lousy and Thompkins couldn't even get on their roster. Why would the Bills want him? Physically, he looks like he has the tools. It's likely that one reason he was cut is that he was challenged to remember the playbook. Hardly even a good intel pickup (for which you'd have to cut someone else). Let that team with stellar talent evaluators have him...the Raaaaaayders.

I was just following the age old tradition of this board to advocate signing any player who gets released. In this case, it seems particularly appropriate for the intel considering the timing of his release.

I was not serious at all. Especially considering how Thompkins had become a pariah for the last couple of weeks.

We are salivating at the thought of using Spikes' aggression against him and getting him into coverage on one of our TEs.

We are salivating over the thought of using your offensive line's offensive talent (as in your line is so bad, it's an offense to the rest of the league) against Brady as Dareus and company beat him worse than Gisele after a disappointing fashion week.