Bills vs. Patriots: Week 6

Fadingpain

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a must win. We need to show how we have grown. NE is still a tough out, but if we lose this game, I will have zero confidence in the team.

Today, we are no better than the Jauron or Gailey teams. Remember when we were 4-0? Little did we know...

Just because the Patriots beat the Cincinnati paper tigers at home does not mean they are the same team from last year, just means the the Bengals are the same team.

The Bungles have certainly proven over recent history that when the games mean the most, they show up the least.

This is a must win. We need to show how we have grown. NE is still a tough out, but if we lose this game, I will have zero confidence in the team.

Today, we are no better than the Jauron or Gailey teams. Remember when we were 4-0? Little did we know...

That's not fair, or true in my opinion. The talent on this year's roster, from top to bottom, is light years ahead of Jauron's or Gailey's rosters. This isn't the same team, or the same culture.

I think that any team going into Foxboro last night after the week the Patriots had with the media was in for a tough night. The Pats, especially Belichick and Brady were angry and you knew they would respond. Whether they can sustain it is another question. I think they fired the best shot they had in an effort to silence critics, but I believe everybody knows that the end of their dominance of the AFC East is here. This game is our chance to smack them a little further down and stake our claim to the division. Hopefully the Bills rise to the opportunity.

That's not fair, or true in my opinion. The talent on this year's roster, from top to bottom, is light years ahead of Jauron's or Gailey's rosters. This isn't the same team, or the same culture.

We gotta win bro. Otherwise we haven't changed...

For what it is worth, I was watching NFL Live this afternoon and they were doing one of today's frequent Patriots/Brady ball washing sessions. Merril Hoge was making a point about how Brady and the Pats did such a great job of selling run fakes to open up the passing game, with the OL even "firing off the ball" to simulate run. The clip he showed had the center 5 yards down field blocking when the pass was thrown, while the LG was 2 to 3 yards downfield engaged in a block. I guess that is "firing off the ball", but the only problem is that is supposed to be a penalty I believe. Guess its easier to "sell the run" when your OL is engaging blitzing LBs 3-5 yards past the line of scrimmage. Am I mistaken about this being a penalty, or is it just not a penalty for the Patriots?

For what it is worth, I was watching NFL Live this afternoon and they were doing one of today's frequent Patriots/Brady ball washing sessions. Merril Hoge was making a point about how Brady and the Pats did such a great job of selling run fakes to open up the passing game, with the OL even "firing off the ball" to simulate run. The clip he showed had the center 5 yards down field blocking when the pass was thrown, while the LG was 2 to 3 yards downfield engaged in a block. I guess that is "firing off the ball", but the only problem is that is supposed to be a penalty I believe. Guess its easier to "sell the run" when your OL is engaging blitzing LBs 3-5 yards past the line of scrimmage. Am I mistaken about this being a penalty, or is it just not a penalty for the Patriots?

Sounds like typical PATS* to me.

Interesting question. The google tells me that it would be a penalty if the OL ever disengaged from the defensive player. Sounds like if the guard wasn't running free he was okay, and your description sounds like he just drove the guy back straight from the time of the snap. It pains me to say this, but it sounds like that was legit. I'm going to give that an asterisk anyway, since it's a fairly rare event for the P*ts to be playing within the rules. *

kj