Keith Rivers just stood there as he rolled to a first down

Did anyone notice that play as the texans were trying to run out the clock? Did he think the runner was down? That cost Buffalo a timeout and some time.

yup. If I recall it was a 3rd down and with the exception of EJs poor play it might be the biggest factor in us losing the game.

Right..... Could have dived at Foster before the sticks, given the ball back to EJ with 4 minutes to go and we win the game and EJ is still our starting qb.

Maybe not... but that was one of the most frustrating plays I could remember in a few seasons. Goes along with the Tuel pick 6 to Sean Smith.

I only heard AW talk about it. Inexcusable for a vet guy. I am sure Schwartz gave him the business in the film room.

It was a HUGE play, gave them the first down and cost us a lot of time.

I have never seen a professional football player do something like that. I could possibly understand a rookie making that mistake, who is used to the college rule of being down automatically when you hit the ground.

For a veteran pro NFL linebacker to sit there and do nothing was unbelievable. Apparently some earlier posts seem to think that didn't change the game at all because we got the ball back anyway which is a ridiculous assumption. We could have used the run more or some middle of the field routes with more time on the clock.

was his head in the game? maybe he was daydreaming on that play. thinking bout his bank account? his groin? maybe some beautiful woman in the crowd? idk but i would hope a player would be aware of the down and distance in that situation he needed some Henderson urgency- he dove on that fumble like a boss when cj fumbled.

Bone headed play, I was screaming about that one. The Bills would have had the ball with 3 and change and a timeout in their pocket. If EJ converts on that drive, he most likely doesn't get benched. EJ should be pissed at Rivers.

Edited by ricojes

Ehh be careful there. They punt there, we're only down 3 and EJ never throws that pass. And you're talking to one of the biggest EJ critics on this site.

If I am wrong, I apologize. But, I had thought we held them to no points on that drive and they punted. So, in my view, while a bad play, it had no material effect on the game.