Kyle Orton in action vs. the Eagles (video)

QCity

I actually think our big offensive line will be OK this week. Detroit has a powerful OL but they don't move people around like Houston. There aren't a lot of stunts. They just line up and beat their man....collapse the pocket. This is exactly the type of defensive line our OL was made to compete against. Remember, our offensive line is big and strong too...they just have been getting their asses handed to them with linemen moving around and disguising the pressure.

Detroit's defense is good though. Even though they do not do a lot of stunts, they can beat people with sheer physicality. This might be a better match up than we thought. If Kyle can get the ball out fast to our play makers, this game could be real fun to watch.

Good point re our O-line matchup with Lions. I was thinking the same thing re pass pro, but not too sure about the run blocking.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll tell you what stands out, in addition to the other things mentioned earlier by other posters, is that it seemed the Cowboys were often in 3rd and long, and with as many pass attempts as Orton had, they also apparently didn't effectively establish the run. Two things I hope are vastly different on Sunday.

I don't think I have seen a Bills QB look that competent in the last 10 years. If he plays nearly as good as Bledsoe did with the Bills we may be in good shape.

It's sad, and funny, but we haven't had a real NFL QB since Bledsoe, and that was very short-lived, like half a season.

Just taking the snap, dropping back, looking around, making a quick decision, planting, and throwing accurately is like a foreign movie to us.

Trent could so that to some extent on short passes but couldn't handle any pressure or look/get the ball downfield. Granted, it's an incrediby tough job and not a lot of consistent good ones in the league. But if he just does that, we will be fine if not good.

Fitz had some good qualities but was not a bona fide starter with a good arm and accuracy.

Looks like a professional QB to me. Avoided pressure, made some beautiful throws, and put the ball in a position for his receivers to RAC. Not perfect, but clearly good enough. Looking forward to seeing him play Sunday.