How Has Orton Looked Since He Was Signed?

This is all we can hope that we've got an updated jake plumber....

Don't need a leader just a guy to get the ball out to the other players.

That's the thing, this Bills are playing well enough as a team that they don't need great QB play to win. Good QB play will win this team games, average QB play would have won the Houston game. We don't need Orton to be great, just better...

Edited by ricojes

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My source that goes to the practices when the media is allowed in says his arm has always looked better than EJ from what hes seen. This is in reference to velocity of the ball in the air, accuracy of the passes and how easily they are caught by the WR. Before the Chicago game he told me in a text "I feel bad saying it but Orton is definitely better at throwing a football, you can just tell" He also tells me that in practice against no defenders he often sees the receivers having to wait for EJs passes while it pretty much never happens with Orton. I talk to him after every practice he goes to and he has never once said EJ looked better than Orton but again he sees such a small part of the practice so it hard to know for sure. They only let the media in for throwing drills and stuff, no game planning or against defenses.

Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

What you're describing sounds like a relatively simple throwing drill. Something simple enough that it's not going to give members of the media insight into the Bills' play calls or offensive schemes. If, as a second year player, Manuel can't perform such simple drills at or near an Orton level, it's extremely unlikely he'll ever be the long-term answer at quarterback. Strong performances in drills like those is something you look for before you draft a guy. A well-run front office wouldn't use a round 1 - 4 pick on a QB who couldn't perform well in the simple drills you described.

Edited by Edwards' Arm

Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

What you're describing sounds like a relatively simple throwing drill. Something simple enough that it's not going to give members of the media insight into the Bills' play calls or offensive schemes. If, as a second year player, Manuel can't perform such simple drills at or near an Orton level, it's extremely unlikely he'll ever be the long-term answer at quarterback. Strong performances in drills like those is something you look for before you draft a guy. A well-run front office wouldn't use a round 1 - 4 pick on a QB who couldn't perform well in the simple drills you described.

Unfortunately, although I didn't want to believe it then, that was the concern in OTAs and TC when he wasn't hitting the WRs sometimes in Route v. Air. He had a bad TC, then a bad PS, and it was evident when they broke the bank to sign a backup who would be able to start because they knew Thad and Tuel would not be the answer to come in and elevate the team if he didn't get it together in time.

Who cares. I expect him to be on IR by the end of the game. The line is weak. EJ back in. Mark my words!!!

It appears you don't know how to play this game! That is not the desired outcome. It might be the next week but not this one.